GDT: HOME OPENER - Jets vs Kings - 7:00 pm CT - TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I guess I must be the only one, but I see some posters are saying that they hope the Jets play the way they did in St. Louis ?? Although we won 5-1 -- I thought the Blues totally outplayed us in the 1 st period, and had the better of the play in the 2nd and 3rd.

The Blues also outshot us 45-27 --which is not good. They got lousy goaltending, and we got great goaltending. That was the difference. I just did not see the fast hard skating and the rhythm in the Jet's game ??

I have not yet seen the Jet's return to last years form--so I hope they show that tonight. I have no idea what Jet's team will show up--but we all know the talent is there.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I guess I must be the only one, but I see some posters are saying that they hope the Jets play the way they did in St. Louis ?? Although we won 5-2 -- I thought the Blues totally outplayed us in the 1 st period, and had the better of the play in the 2nd and 3rd.

The Blues also outshot us 45-27 --which is not good. They got lousy goaltending, and we got great goaltending. That was the difference. I just did not see the fast hard skating and the rhythm in the Jet's game ??

I have not yet seen the Jet's return to last years form--so I hope they show that tonight. I have no idea what Jet's team will show up--but we all know the talent is there.
Score was 5-1 vs. STL.

Blues fired a lot of shots, but didn't have many top-end chances. Jets' seemed to have a clear skill advantage.

Still, the Jets have a lot to clean up, especially in their own zone. Also, they need to stop taking penalties.

Reactions: ps241 and GNP

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Score was 5-1 vs. STL.

Blues fired a lot of shots, but didn't have many top-end chances. Jets' seemed to have a clear skill advantage.

Still, the Jets have a lot to clean up, especially in their own zone. Also, they need to stop taking penalties.
Looking at you Wheeler with your dumb penalty.

Reactions: 204hockey and GNP

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I guess I must be the only one, but I see some posters are saying that they hope the Jets play the way they did in St. Louis ?? Although we won 5-1 -- I thought the Blues totally outplayed us in the 1 st period, and had the better of the play in the 2nd and 3rd.

Even last season the Jets looked like crap until mid November, even when winning games. They seem to start every season slow-- maybe it's the so called "man camps" or something else but it always seems to take them a bit to get into the swing of things.

Hopefully they start playing like the Jets soon

Reactions: GNP

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Hitting the air on ny way to Europe. Keep the GDT chatter strong. I’m going to be missing a lot of games. Worst of all I get back when we’re on a bye week after the Finland trip. Groan.

I’m going to see how many late night games I can sneak in.

Let’s hope for a good October run. We dont want to be chasing the playoffs in November.

Run the Kings out of the building!

I hear ya...

Had to do similar for the balance of last week... missed the games...

Safe travels...

And...

Go Jets Go !!!

:jets

Reactions: ps241

FFHockey

Oct 12, 2015
Winnipeg, Manitoba,
Looking at you Wheeler with your dumb penalty.
I still think Wheeler's penalty against St Lou (if that's the one you are speaking about) was justified. That was a cheap play by Perron...just a matter of inches and Wheels is concussed.

If people are upset about Helle not getting a shutout because of that penalty ...well he'll have other chances!

Oh yeah...Go Jets Go! First time attending home opener

Last edited:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
OK so it didn't work against the Stars, but since we are going for win number 2 .....................double action

voodoo-doll-los-angeles-kings.gif
voodoo-doll-los-angeles-kings.gif

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jets will beat the Kings.

But i dont have that indestructible feeling anymore like before the Stars game :)

I hope Jets feels the same.

Go Jets Go!!!!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I wonder where Gabe Valrdi is for the Kings? I love that prospect.

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
It's finally time for a proper True North! :thumbu:

I had a dream (and I don't usually have dreams about hockey or even Laine :laugh:) where Laine scored twice in less than 30 seconds. It must have been the first or the third period, don't remember the first goal but the second was a snap shot from between the "lower" (goalie's left) face-off circle and the goal crease.
I had a dream he got hit and knocked out lol no idea why I'm dreaming of a 20 year old man tho kinda weird let's hope it was just a dream lol

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Injured, IIRC. I like him a lot also.

My work and travel schedule means I don't get to see many games this fall, live or televised in real-time. Hoping for a nice string of wins to provide a bit of cushion in a Central that looks tighter than last year.

And, of course, #FreeEhlers.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA

Back injury. Today's update via King's Insider

GABE VILARDI (back) | Vilardi continues to skate in his full gear at TSC. As of last Wednesday, he was in what was a little bit of a “medical holding pattern,” via John Stevens. “He’s progressing along is my understanding.”

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Even last season the Jets looked like crap until mid November, even when winning games. They seem to start every season slow-- maybe it's the so called "man camps" or something else but it always seems to take them a bit to get into the swing of things.

Hopefully they start playing like the Jets soon
Jets didn't have a so called "man's camp" this season. Their schedule was such that they played 6 games in 8 days and basically just played games with a few off days thrown in.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
As long as I don't have to post this image in the post-game thread, I'll be ok with this game.

what-the-hell-was-that-28959840.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad