Holland Needs To Go

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
Interviews + He isn't even close to have gotten acclimatized after several months, looks lost -> gotten too comfortable down in sunny florida.

Okay, what interviews?

Season started less than two months ago, which he has battled groin problems and is coming back from not playing much in 18~ months.

"looks lost" what a deep analysis!

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Okay, what interviews?

Season started less than two months ago, which he has battled groin problems and is coming back from not playing much in 18~ months.

"looks lost" what a deep analysis!

Deep and analysis aren't things you associate with mindfly.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia
Ok so explain to me what else is missing in two way play or what I am missing?

If you play similar minutes and one guy leads all of those categories pretty much soundly and another guy has one good year and rest just blah in all categories what am I missing?

What stat or what concept do I not get about hockey that says flip has a better two way game or did have a better two way game in the past?

Frankly, two way play is one of many aspects of hockey that are captured poorly or not at all by statistics. You have to rely on the eye test. Filppula's strong defensive game is because of his skating, positional play, tenacious backchecking, etc. I don't think I've ever seen Weiss even attempt to play the same kind of defense, let alone do so with consistent success.

You're probably right that this is difficult or impossible to demonstrate on paper, but it is no less true.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Frankly, two way play is one of many aspects of hockey that are captured poorly or not at all by statistics. You have to rely on the eye test. Filppula's strong defensive game is because of his skating, positional play, tenacious backchecking, etc. I don't think I've ever seen Weiss even attempt to play the same kind of defense, let alone do so with consistent success.

You're probably right that this is difficult or impossible to demonstrate on paper, but it is no less true.

Filppula was terrible defensively last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad