Holiday GM Game #3 Spectacular

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Yep we felt it was the best course of action for our club moving forward especially after the acquisition of Matheson.

Sorry we can't all have the luxury of making ridiculous moves/signings for way less than market/trade value as the Leafs while running the game.

Hey, your call to make, I'm just shocked you couldn't find a team to take him for a pick without losing him and dropping a round in the draft.

OB5

May 2, 2015
Jets have made a significant acquisition pending trade call....

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:vegas

Jared Spergeon (50%)

:wild

2019 1st (VGK)
Jake Leschyschyn

Happy to send Spergeon to a solid team that he can win a cup with. Best of luck to @T_Cage on their run to the cup.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:habs

Still open to move Nick Suzuki for a young LHD (or LHD prospect that will be NHL ready next year) with similar upsides.

Listening to offers on Charles Hudon and Charlie Lindgren. I would be looking for a good prospect or pick, or I will gladly keep them.

:habs around

Many talks but couldn’t reach a deal yet.

OB5

May 2, 2015
:jetsis going for it all.

We have sacrificed our future for the immediate present, and hope that it's enough to get the cup.

We are pleased to announce the acquisition of Artemi Panarin from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for Jack Roslovic, Nic Petan, Sami Niku, Eric Comrie and our 2019 1st round pick. We know it's an exorbitant amount to give up for a rental and we salute the Blue Jackets and @CaptPantalones for playing us like a fiddle but we know that the addition of Panarin makes our offense among the best, if not the best in the NHL.

Panarin-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Ehlers-Perreault-Hoffman
Lowry-Copp-Tanev
Lemieux

Morrissey-Byfuglien
Matheson-Trouba
Chiarot-Morrow

Hellebuyck
Brossoit

We're still looking to add a bottom pairing defenseman.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
:sens

Looking to swap Zack Smith for a D (overpaid probably)

Still have the likes of Dzingel, Ceci, and Pageau available. Also could be convinced to move some of my forward prospects for D prospects.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

We have sacrificed our future for the immediate present, and hope that it's enough to get the cup.

We are pleased to announce the acquisition of Artemi Panarin from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for Jack Roslovic, Nic Petan, Sami Niku, Eric Comrie and our 2019 1st round pick. We know it's an exorbitant amount to give up for a rental and we salute the Blue Jackets and @CaptPantalones for playing us like a fiddle but we know that the addition of Panarin makes our offense among the best, if not the best in the NHL.

Panarin-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Ehlers-Perreault-Hoffman
Lowry-Copp-Tanev
Lemieux

Morrissey-Byfuglien
Matheson-Trouba
Chiarot-Morrow

Hellebuyck
Brossoit

Went you just dissing that other guy for giving up to much for a couple of rental players :sarcasm:

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Panarin-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Ehlers-Perreault-Hoffman
Lowry-Copp-Tanev
Lemieux

Morrissey-Byfuglien
Matheson-Trouba
Chiarot-Morrow

Hellebuyck
Brossoit

Dammit. And I thought I had the best offer for Panarin. No way I could beat that lol.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY

Panarin-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Ehlers-Perreault-Hoffman
Lowry-Copp-Tanev
Lemieux

Morrissey-Byfuglien
Matheson-Trouba
Chiarot-Morrow

Hellebuyck
Brossoit

:cbj confirms. We wish Artemi the best, but this was an offer we couldnt pass up.

Were very excited to add 2 very good young forwards in Jack and Nic, along with a good young defenseman in Sami and a future #1 netminder in Eric Comrie.

We now turn our attentions to the Bobrovsky market, and would like to add a center on a cost controlled contract to further our depth

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:kings

Toffoli looking like the first one to go, cost is a 1st+prospect.

Muzzin garnering a ton of interest so far as well. Looking like it'll cost a 1st+prospect.

Nibbles on Quick, Carter, Martinez so far as well, open to ideas (especially in regards to Quick and Carter).

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
:nucks Will be looking to add another top 6 winger after we learn draft position. Many players till available to help solidify bottom 6, many above average players of that Caliber.

Dwight Schrute

Dec 10, 2018
:isles

Currently, fielding offers on Brock Nelson, Anders Lee & Matt Martin. 1 or all 3 could move tonight.

We're not selling, we're buying for the future.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:sabres

Jonas Brodin

Kyle Okposo
2019 1st (SJS)
2019 1st (BUF)
Mattias Samuelson

This is the type of deal we were hoping for Brodin. Pleasure doing business @Zemgus26

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
:sabres

Jonas Brodin

Kyle Okposo
2019 1st (SJS)
2019 1st (BUF)
Mattias Samuelson

This is the type of deal we were hoping for Brodin. Pleasure doing business @Zemgus26

Confirm. Sucks to lose a lot of young talent but totally worth it.

Our LD is a strength with Dahlin, McCabe and Pilut there long term among others which made Samuelsson moveable.

We also had 4 1sts in the next 2 drafts so giving up 2 of them (and probably the lesser 2) was doable as well.

Getting rid of Okposo was huge. He is big deadweight for 5 more years. No contender would want him, and with a 15 team NTC, no rebuilder could take him...except his hometown in Minny.

But the big piece here is finding who we think will be a great piece for Dahlin longterm and with a great cap hit.

Thanks to Avery for the good talks.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004

Our LD is a strength with Dahlin, McCabe and Pilut there long term among others which made Samuelsson moveable.

We also had 4 1sts in the next 2 drafts so giving up 2 of them (and probably the lesser 2) was doable as well.

Getting rid of Okposo was huge. He is big deadweight for 5 more years. No contender would want him, and with a 15 team NTC, no rebuilder could take him...except his hometown in Minny.

But the big piece here is finding who we think will be a great piece for Dahlin longterm and with a great cap hit.

Honest question : Brodin can play the right side and be as good?

EP to Kuzmenko

Dec 5, 2015
Seeing as how Edler has confirmed he won't play anywhere but Van, can I treat him as an RFA when doing my signings soon?

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY

As a Sabres fan I like it. But there would be that little part of me that would cry losing Samuelsson, just like I did losing Compher in the ROR deal

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad