Recalled/Assigned: Hoffman up

WhiteLight*

Well, we don't know that's he's not big/durable enough to stick. He looked good in a very brief stint last year but hurt his shoulder almost immediately. I think that's the biggest question mark with him.

He's not big but he's not classically small.

He may or may not be durable, that's still up in the air

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I missed the game cause of hockey but watched the recording just so I could get a glimpse of Hoffman. Hopefully, now that we've all seen him we can dismiss the ridiculous notion that he has horrible hockey sense. Sure he may not always make the right decision, but he knows how to get into scoring areas. A couple here made him out to be Schubert2.0 & that's just not the case.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I thought he played really well last night. One of the few bright spots. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Yup. I don't ever recall seeing him fly around the ice like he was last night.

You could tell the offensive instinct is there, I have no doubt the points will come.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
His best NHL game by far, good for him. I am his harshest critic but watching him live he was noticeable. I mentioned in other threads that Ceci made himself noticeable, Boro made himself noticeable, and now Hoffman made people pay attention. I think that game was a huge confidence builder for Hoffman, probably made him believe in himself that he can do it.

Keep it up...can he bring it again out west?

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
His best NHL game by far, good for him. I am his harshest critic but watching him live he was noticeable. I mentioned in other threads that Ceci made himself noticeable, Boro made himself noticeable, and now Hoffman made people pay attention. I think that game was a huge confidence builder for Hoffman, probably made him believe in himself that he can do it.

Keep it up...can he bring it again out west?

Oh, so you admit that he is better than C. Locke now?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Yup. I don't ever recall seeing him fly around the ice like he was last night.

You could tell the offensive instinct is there, I have no doubt the points will come.

Did you not see him play last year before he got injured? He got 2 semi breakaways using his speed in 1 period alone. He's our quickest forward hands down.

sens83

Sep 22, 2009
Melbourne, FL
hoffmanup nup nup

images

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
he is incredibly fast.
and not crazy legs and arms fast.

Controlled stable calm super fast. He glides around faster than most guys skating.
watching him last night i was wondering if he's as quick and fast as Karlsson.

we need what he can bring IMO, same with Dacosta.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I honestly see Hoffy as a consistent 50 point getter in the league 20g, 30a,(given a top 6 role) there is no reason for him to spend any more time in the minors

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Our team speed needs to improve. Hoffman is part of that. Conacher is another. We just need some more...

SenatorArmy*

Why not put him on Turris line with MacArthur? Such speed, so skill.

jaygodard

Dec 3, 2013
What does everyone think about Hoffman's return? I thought he has played well and will be a great scorer once he gets things going, seems to be at the right spots at the right times, also made a few great defensive plays last night!! I hope they let him continue into the playoffs (if we make it)

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
He has played well but he has to produce. There are no moral victories for us at this stage. We need points.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Agreed, he has to put the puck in the net & start making a habit of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad