GDT: Hockeyville: Sharks @ Canucks 7:30 CSNCA/NHLN/SN1

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
That was built up to be amazing and it was pretty meh to be honest.

Maybe with better players it will be, but that was not amazing end to end action.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I gotta say, I was thoroughly unimpressed with Dillon tonight. I'm not very high on him to begin with, but he did nothing to change my mind today.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I gotta say, I was thoroughly unimpressed with Dillon tonight. I'm not very high on him to begin with, but he did nothing to change my mind today.

It was one preseason game in which he was probably the best established NHLer on the ice.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Dell and Grosenick get 1st and 2nd star from me. 3rd star can go to Sharkie I guess. Nobody was that great. There were some flashes of nice play from some of the prospects though so i'm not too disappointed with the game but watching it wasn't much fun.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
It was one preseason game in which he was probably the best established NHLer on the ice.

Exactly which is why I was disappointed. He was our "best" defensman tonight and didn't play like it.

I know it's one preseason game, which is why I didn't call off his whole season as a failure, or even make a prediction about his play going forward.

However tonight, he was not very good, and I was disappointed. End.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Watched bits and pieces of the game. Roy looked supremely raw...many mistakes. No defender stood out in a positive way.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
And yet they played a better iced team to a shutout. What a terrible showing.

That's probably more a testament to how bad Vancouver is than how well our crummy team played. Our guys had a lot of execution issues but there's talent lurking there.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
That's probably more a testament to how bad Vancouver is than how well our crummy team played. Our guys had a lot of execution issues but there's talent lurking there.

I don't expect a bunch of prospects who've played a few days together to not have execution issues. And Vancouver is not THAT bad.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I'd rather lose every preseason game, figure out where all the flaws are (to fix 'em), to be ready for the season start, than go 7-0 and fall in regular season games.

DefaultSharkie6

ZeHaHa, I am Darknes
Oct 8, 2011
Fremont
didn't the annouce that all pre season games would be aired on kfox ? i thought the sharks site posted that many moons ago for this season am i worng ?

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Watched bits and pieces of the game. Roy looked supremely raw...many mistakes. No defender stood out in a positive way.

I disagree. I thought demelo and Tennyson looked good. Roy looks raw, but you can see the talent.

The game lacked any sense of cohesion. To be expected. But I saw positives.

Would've been nice to see hertl or tierney center goldobin and meier instead of lerg. Even with that those two looked really exciting.

I like a lot of what I saw. I hope deboer has a breakout scheme because that was holding us back.

Ninja Hertl

formerly sharkohol
Feb 25, 2006
The Yay
Standouts were Hertl, Meier for me. Goalies were looking sharp too but that was probably just the lack of real chances from Vancouver.

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
The game was mostly boring and watched season premiere of Scorpions instead. Hopefully, tonights game will have more oomph for me

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
didn't the annouce that all pre season games would be aired on kfox ? i thought the sharks site posted that many moons ago for this season am i worng ?

They announced all games would have "radio" coverage; however, all but the last two games (on the road) will only be streamed. Just the two preseason games in October will be on KFOX.

tahoesharksfan

Old-Timer
Apr 29, 2014
The Lake
I must take advantage of this preseason opportunity to work on my HFB technique:

Shorks suck! Who hired this coach? How could they possibly have named those two losers the captains? For this we traded away a draft pick? Why isn't that other guy playing? Who put these lines together? Bring back TMac already! FIRE WILSON!

Okay, I'm ready for the real season now....:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad