GDT: Hockey's back! (Sort of) - Prospects Challenge Weekend GDT

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Harping on this I know, but I cannot stand how McLeod sees the ice.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
I dont see the generational talent with Dahlin like I did McDavid - not saying he cant still be great

basically I think he is overrated

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I dont see the generational talent with Dahlin like I did McDavid - not saying he cant still be great

basically I think he is overrated

Hard to compare IMO given the differences the positions call for. Easier for a forward to stick out over a dman, but you can see Dahlin is going to be a force in his prime with his skating ability reach and puck handling skills.

Reactions: RNCDevil

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Dahlin's the player I thought he'd be. Highly skilled and creative with great awareness but does too much because he can, not because it's the right play. Time will work that out. He's not in the building of a McDavid or Crosby level talent.

Stylistically I'm far more biased to Smith's kind of play.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Is Dahlin a D man or a forward? Looks like he's playing forward out there. They better have some good defensive forwards to cover him. Great stick skills and skating though. Silky smooth.

McLeod looks surprisingly decent. Seney is noticeable. Blackwood making some good saves.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Marty Biron is a great dude btw. I've never met him but a few of my friends have, they all say he's always bubbly and fun.
He really is. He was good church buddies with a friend of mine and played on our softball team a few times a year for a few years in a row. He'd talk to literally anyone who approached him to shake his hand or shoot the shit. Sometimes it was annoying because he'd be playing short stop and chatting with a dude on 3rd during the game and we'd have to yell out to him to get ready for the next pitch :laugh:

But yeah, he does need shut up sometimes. But he can't help it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad