Hockey Trivia

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
Did you know that the last Leaf to win the scoring title was Gordie Drillon in 1938? Or that the last Leaf to win the goal scoring title was Gaye Stewart in 1946? Or that the last Leaf to win the Hart was Ted Kennedy in 1955? Or that no Leaf has ever won the Norris?

crobro

Aug 8, 2008
Which team is the first and possibly only team to ever be named after their star player.?

nutbar

Jan 19, 2011
A little bit of trivia from Wikipedia:

Mush Marsh of Chicago scored the first goal in the long history of Maple Leaf Gardens on November 12, 1931. On February 13, 1999 as part of the final game played at the Gardens (also between the Maple Leafs and Blackhawks), he officiated at the ceremonial opening faceoff - with the very same puck that he had used to score that first goal, almost 68 years later.

Reactions: Tarantula

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
Not sure where this goes...but for some reason I feel like killion for get a kick out of it the most...

CTAswchUEAAsv23.jpg:large

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
^^^ :laugh::laugh::laugh: thank you Mr.Farkas. Because yes, I do find that amusing. Endlessly so in fact. .

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Which team is the first and possibly only team to ever be named after their star player.?

The Scouts, but only retroactively?
(Simon Nolet is a well-known scout, after all)

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Yesterday (November 8th, 2015) was Johnny Bowers 91st Birthday, the long running annual Toronto Santa Claus Parade honoring the much loved old Goalie & Leaf with a Float this year. I have no doubt they'll be playing this..... www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut-znCtcH7w ..... as he sails through the streets....

Question; When was this novelty 45 released & how many copies did it sell?

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
Easy one:

Name the two best players born on the exact same day?

Mario Lemieux and Patrick Roy, born 10/5/65

Yesterday (November 8th, 2015) was Johnny Bowers 91st Birthday, the long running annual Toronto Santa Claus Parade honoring the much loved old Goalie & Leaf with a Float this year. I have no doubt they'll be playing this..... www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut-znCtcH7w ..... as he sails through the streets....

Question; When was this novelty 45 released & how many copies did it sell?

also in 1965. This actually fell into my FB timeline yesterday and there was a mention of it being 50 years old.

I'm not even gonna pretend to know how many copies it sold.

OK, I cheated and found out how many it sold. That wouldn't be fair though. My guess would have been it was a trick question and that it was a radio only single. ;)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad