Hockey Trivia

AngelicAssassin*

Apparently there is an NHL'er who led a different team in scoring for 3 consecutive years.

Who is he?

I don't know the answer but have been asked and am racking my brain trying for the answer and figure it will be one of those "of course it's him answers".

The Pale King

Go easy on those Mango Giapanes brother...
Sep 24, 2011
Zeballos
Bizarre. Nilsson goes from a league that folds to a team that relocates the next year.

I did a quick check: no player suited up for the 95 Nordiques, 96 Jets and then the 97 Whalers. Would have been a cool bit of trivia.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Thanks. I knew Kent Nilsson had done it but one season was a WHA season.

Atlanta Flames and Calgary Flames were the same team though. Nilsson outscored the same guy, Guy Chouinard, both years.

In 80–81 Chouinard had a PPG of 1.59 while Nilsson had a PPG of 1.63, so they weren't really that far off from each other.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
All right. I have another one. Who is the best forward to never lead his team in scoring? I don't know the answer, I was guessing Kurri but apparently he led the Oilers in scoring the year after Gretzky left.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
All right. I have another one. Who is the best forward to never lead his team in scoring? I don't know the answer, I was guessing Kurri but apparently he led the Oilers in scoring the year after Gretzky left.

Isn't that question subjective? I guess it would depend on the answer and the players surrounding him on the usual all-time lists we do on this site.

Edit: I tried to look into it but I have no good candidate as of now.

Last edited:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Isn't that question subjective? I guess it would depend on the answer and the players surrounding him on the usual all-time lists we do on this site.

Yeah, I guess it's going to go in to debate.

I'll change this. Who has the best in-team scoring finishes while never leading his team in scoring?

So, simply just who has most 2nd, 3rd or 4th place finishes etc.

nutbar

Jan 19, 2011
Yeah, I guess it's going to go in to debate.

I'll change this. Who has the best in-team scoring finishes while never leading his team in scoring?

So, simply just who has most 2nd, 3rd or 4th place finishes etc.

Steve Shutt?

nutbar

Jan 19, 2011
Here's one: two people have won both the Stanley Cup and the Grey Cup as a player. Can you name one or both of them?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Has to be Red Storey.

Thats right, I kinda gave it away with the "multi-sport athlete" bit I suppose. Red won 2 Grey Cups with the Toronto Argonauts in the late 30's, in one game scoring 3 Touchdowns over a 12 minute span. Played Baseball, Lacrosse & Hockey as well, including a stint with the Montreal Royals in the early 40's, offered tryouts with the Chicago Bears & NY Giants, a contract with the AL Philadelphia Athletics . His son Bob won a Grey Cup with the Hamilton Tiger Cats & Montreal Alouettes in the late 60's.

Reactions: Tarantula

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
What's crazy about the Damphousse thing is that all three teams he led (in 3 consecutive seasons) were Canadian franchises. Never mind the 3 seasons in a row thing, but I can't think of any other player, ever, who's led three Canadian teams in scoring.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Without looking, Charlie Hodge and Dunc Wilson are two of them.

Yep, along with George Gardner who had been the starter for the WHL Canucks. Played 2 seasons (42 games) in Vancouver before jumping to the WHA.

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
We all know Andy Brown was the last NHL goaltender to play without a mask.

Who was the 2nd to last player to play without a mask in the NHL?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->