Not open for further replies.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
giphy.gif

My excitement level now that hockey is back :D

Might as well just go Supersaiyan 2 because Hockey is back!!!!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think it has to do with who the home team is as well. You want to show well in front of your home crowd to start the season and get them excited for the year.

That might be we seem to dress a decent team no matter what.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Poor Niku getting stuck with Chariot on his offside. That will be challenging. It also tells me that Poolman has the inside track atm.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
There is a whole wack of rules to do with how many "veterans" have to play in the pre-season games, so someone like Buff needs to play.

The ruling is we need 8 veterans. A veteran is defined as;

(1) a forward or defenseman who played in thirty (30) NHL Games during the previous season,
(2) a goaltender who either dressed in fifty (50) or more NHL Games or played in thirty (30) or more NHL Games in the previous season,
(3) a first round draft choice from the most recent year's Entry Draft, or
(4) any Player who has played one-hundred (100) or more career NHL Games.

Under those rules I don't think Buff has to play. Ehlers, Little, Laine, Roslovic, Dano, Perreault, Morrow and Chiarot meet the requirements. I think they just want someone who is good to ease Stanley in. Like I've said before they are likely going to do everything in their power to make sure Stanley has the easiest transition into the NHL as possible. I'd imagine he won't play with anyone that isn't named Buff or Trouba this preseason.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Wonder if I’ll be able to watch this...
There's always a way, my friend.

I am really looking forward to seeing Stanley, Niku and Vesy (Obvy).

Maurice will never let ELL go will he :laugh:

Nice loser line (Lemieux/ Petan/ Dano) :sarcasm:

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
Maurice mentioned that Buff likes to play a lot in pre-season to get ready and that he tries to listen to vets in regards to how they feel most prepared going into the season...

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
In with the preseason”s very first “This is the real test!” optimism deflater!

Would also note that the Jets’ fringe team would likely win more than a few NHL games this year (though crossing fingers that it never comes to that).

I'll see your 'real test' and raise you a 'Tonight's a must win!'.

Go Jets Go!

m.

Justin17L

Jan 6, 2016
Winnipeg
Really hoping Petan has another point per game preseason to silence all his critics for even just a few minutes. :) Hoping Vesalainen and Niku impress as well (and i have no doubts that they will). Also to a lesser extent, Dano, Griffith and Appleton will be interesting to watch.

Most importantly, HOCKEY is BACK baby!!

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Any idea if it's on TV?
TSN3. Manitoba only. I don't see it on Centre Ice. Centre Ice has 3 other games at least so if the Jets are bad you can switch channels.
I am looking forward to Avggard comments. Little doesn't know he is under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad