GDT: Hockey is back! Pre-Season game 1. Jets vs. Wild 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftt

Jul 3, 2016
Winnipeg
D51A449C-C9AA-44BE-8C7A-435D321A1F2F.jpeg
Thought we could make a GDT for the first game of the year!

Meaningless hockey points wise, but it’ll be good to see the boys back again.

Luc Labelle

Lucius 895 Injuries
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2005
Winnipeg
I am just giving everyone a fair warning. I'll be sitting behind Paul Maurice wearing my new Laine third jersey tonight.

If anyone accidentally catches a glimpse of me wearing the "atrocious, plain, lame, etc." third jersey I apologize in advance. For those who like the new jerseys, "Your welcome" to the two of you.

I just figured I would go for the extremely simple look compared to this:
f49bsRs.jpg

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
That is not a good Wild lineup. As we've seen in the past, though, a team of mostly fringe players against a team that's mostly NHL level can often get a win by the effort factor alone.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I am just giving everyone a fair warning. I'll be sitting behind Paul Maurice wearing my new Laine third jersey tonight.

If anyone accidentally catches a glimpse of me wearing the "atrocious, plain, lame, etc." third jersey I apologize in advance. For those who like the new jerseys, "Your welcome" to the two of you.

I just figured I would go for the extremely simple look compared to this:
f49bsRs.jpg

Hey you leave Paul Maurice's fashion choices out of this!

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
In with the preseason”s very first “This is the real test!” optimism deflater!

Would also note that the Jets’ fringe team would likely win more than a few NHL games this year (though crossing fingers that it never comes to that).

Reactions: DarthMonty

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
That is not a good Wild lineup. As we've seen in the past, though, a team of mostly fringe players against a team that's mostly NHL level can often get a win by the effort factor alone.

We got accused of that a lot last year. Other teams sit their top guys and we end up icing a good lineup. But that may have more to do with our depth compared to other teams.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
We got accused of that a lot last year. Other teams sit their top guys and we end up icing a good lineup. But that may have more to do with our depth compared to other teams.

I think it's just the home-away dynamic. It seems to be an agreed upon system of sending your "experimental" lineup on the road and playing your best at home.

Reactions: LAINEC

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

I think it has to do with who the home team is as well. You want to show well in front of your home crowd to start the season and get them excited for the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad