Post-Game Talk: Hockey game

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Foreal. He needs playing experience, not hotel experience
Exactly. They say this stuff all the time but I don't know a single player who became better from just sitting and watching hockey. You wasted your 1st rounder on that fella. Why is it that a career ahler would get a 3rd C spot on a cup contender ahead of him?

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
So the main boards GDT made an exception to the Caps home game conundrum... editing this GDT with one that has slightly more information.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Except, Carlson is critical and hasnt played any hockey. He is going to suck if fully healthy in the first couple of playoff games. They could lose the series there. With both Backstrom and Eller out the caps will get almost nothing out of this game.

What are you arguing? That they should play Carlson even if he's not fully healthy so that he gets to game shape? In a meaningless game?

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
What are you arguing? That they should play Carlson even if he's not fully healthy so that he gets to game shape? In a meaningless game?
Well it's not actually a meaningless game.

And Carlson has been practicing, as shown in videos posted to social media, so there are two options here:

1) Carlson isn't healthy enough to play in this important game so he clearly won't be healthy enough for the playoffs

2) He is healthy enough & Reirden is holding him out because apparently he doesn't need to get up to speed before game 1 of the next round, which clearly makes sense /s

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Well it's not actually a meaningless game.

And Carlson has been practicing, as shown in videos posted to social media, so there are two options here:

1) Carlson isn't healthy enough to play in this important game so he clearly won't be healthy enough for the playoffs

2) He is healthy enough & Reirden is holding him out because apparently he doesn't need to get up to speed before game 1 of the next round, which clearly makes sense /s

How so? You either win and get rewarded by facing a tough (.588) team or lose and get to face tough (.596) team.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

I guess it depends on what we mean by healthy. He needs to play. Where he is concerned its not a meaningless game. I wouldnt push him out there if he cant play. I wouldnt rest him as a precaution either. Just to be safe. There is an area in the middle where you have to make a decision.

He's not playing and i think that signals its likely he isnt playing in g1.

Backstrom is playing. Mistake?

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
They are donezo
giphy.gif

Reactions: marcel snapshot

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Gonna find out how good Kempny is right now today with the kid next to him. Backstrom matched against Bergeron.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
You don't think it's important for a team to head into the playoffs playing well?

To a degree, sure. I don't mean everyone should take a day off but i wouldn't risk banged up guys. Either way Playoffs are an entirely different game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad