Post-Game Talk: Hockey game

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Another thing that Covid has screwed us out of. Detailed injury reports. We don't even know what is wrong. Not looking good.

Reactions: ovikovy817

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
The team, staff and players already know what's going on with Carly.
So if he's out for R1G1, it means that he's badly injured and that it will be difficult to go on a long run this year

Reactions: GoCaps2004

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't mind this, it's a meaningless game and they don't want to risk our MVP and the one guy our D can't afford to lose.

Reactions: kicksavedave

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
SiVxw2k_d.webp

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I don't mind this, it's a meaningless game and they don't want to risk our MVP and the one guy our D can't afford to lose.

John Carlson hasnt played a full hockey game since March. He needs to play. If he isnt playing, its because he cant play. Backstrom is game time? Game time means out. Again, Reirden was clear that the Caps need to step up their game. Reirden wasnt protecting Backstrom when he ran him out there for 21 minutes and 6 penalty kills in the last game. If he isnt playing with Eller already not playing, he is hurt.

IMO, neither of these guys are getting a precautionary day off. If we are doing that, lets see Vitek

Last edited:
Reactions: Corby78

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
John Carlson hasnt played a full hockey game since March. He needs to play. If he isnt playing, its because he cant play. Backstrom is game time? Game time means out. Again, Reirden was clear that the Caps need to step up their game. Reirden wasnt protecting Backstrom when he ran him out there for 21 minutes and 6 penalty kills in the last game. If he isnt player with Eller already not playing, he is hurt.

IMO, neither of these guys are getting a precautionary day off. If we are doing that, lets see Vitek

Obviously in a perfect world they would play but i see this as similar situation as the last games in regular season. You want to go in playing well but you don't want to play guys who are banged up and essential to our Playoff run. You don't want to end up in similar situation as Tampa who rushed Hedman back and he got hurt in their final RR game.

Holtby is playing because he's healthy and will play our every Playoff game.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Obviously in a perfect world they would play but i see this as similar situation as the last games in regular season. You want to go in playing well but you don't want to play guys who are banged up and essential to our Playoff run. You don't want to end up in similar situation as Tampa who rushed Hedman back and he got hurt in their final RR game.

Holtby is playing because he's healthy and will play our every Playoff game.

Except, Carlson is critical and hasnt played any hockey. He is going to suck if fully healthy in the first couple of playoff games. They could lose the series there. With both Backstrom and Eller out the caps will get almost nothing out of this game.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I mean I get it Mcmichael is not like a second coming of Mcdavid and all but how in the f*** some guy named Maillet is ahead of him on a depth chart? I mean tell me if I'm wrong but that guy isn't a star even at an AHL level. At what point this team will start trusting it's own draft choices and lets them show what they're made of...

Reactions: max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
I mean I get it Mcmichael is not like a second coming of Mcdavid and all but how in the f*** some guy named Maillet is ahead of him on a depth chart? I mean tell me if I'm wrong but that guy isn't a star even at an AHL level. At what point this team will start trust it's own draft choices and lets them show what they're made of...
Foreal. He needs playing experience, not hotel experience

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad