Post-Game Talk: Hockey game

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I actually like the idea of putting Ovie and Kovy on opposite circles on PP1. If they’re gonna shade Ovechking that hard you might as well tee up Kovy for a shooting gallery.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
The Caps are using him as a RW. Stop being a.....Fight with someone else. 17 is not going to the top 6.
Oops. Realized i pointed out same thing. Anyway, i fully agree with you re Kovy. Very meh overall. No business in our top 6

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Overall i thought Backstrom was mediocre, borderline invisible for most of qualifiers. I’m guessing maybe wrist is injured, based on missing practice the other day and letting Oshie take some faceoffs today

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I actually like the idea of putting Ovie and Kovy on opposite circles on PP1. If they’re gonna shade Ovechking that hard you might as well tee up Kovy for a shooting gallery.

The Caps had a little of that going on one late pp. 2 problems with it.
1. The only way it works is if Kovalchuk and Orlov switch spots. The PK does take away Ov and it leaves a shot straight down the center. But if there is a turnover Kovalchuk is your defenseman.
2. If you do that, the only legit puck mover on the power play is in the right wing corner.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I thought Boyd was excellent today. Very composed and better than others at keeping possession and gaining zone

Boyd is very good. He'd be a fixture in the starting lineup on a different team but he's stuck in a numbers game in DC. I think he'd be a really nice fit in Buffalo or Detroit where he could lock in third line minutes with occasional PP time.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I dont really see the Bolts as a loss - the shootout and 3v3 hockey have no place in determining playoff seeding...
Au contraire! It has every place in determining playoff seeding. Because the RS determines playoff seeding. No matter what the NHL claims, the round robin has been RS hockey. The qualifiers have been playoff games. Whether the teams in the qualifiers get an advantage as a result is TBD.

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
We'll see. It's not like you're Reirden so stop acting like you form the lines lol. It was just a suggestion.

I am acting like I form the lines? I have a strong opinion on this subject. I think my view is the majority opinion

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I am acting like I form the lines? I have a strong opinion on this subject. I think my view is the majority opinion
I really don't think it matters if your opinion is the majority opinion. The only opinion that really matters is the one of the coach. You present yours as if it's impossible that my scenario would actually come true which is funny, I admit but not really as close to reality as you'd want to.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I really don't think it matters if your opinion is the majority opinion. The only opinion that really matters is the one of the coach. You present yours as if it's impossible that my scenario would actually come true which is funny, I admit but not really as close to reality as you'd want to.

My apologies if i presented my option as the only option. Your option is unlikely. Is that better?

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
Boyd is very good. He'd be a fixture in the starting lineup on a different team but he's stuck in a numbers game in DC. I think he'd be a really nice fit in Buffalo or Detroit where he could lock in third line minutes with occasional PP time.
I feel like the caps will end up trading him for a mid-late pick or losing him to waivers and looking very silly in doing so - looking that way for Stephenson already (though I wasn't one to defend keeping him with his play at the time)

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Not 2017 or 2019
Some seasons have been worse than others that's for sure but I don't think he is the reason we were eliminated an any playoff rounds.
However I am very sure that if we stuck with Grubauer in 2018 we would have been eliminated in the first round and we would still be searching for our first cup.

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->