Hockey Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I don’t look too much at SCG so I will take your word for it. At this point, the two big grading companies have lower their standards to meet i. The middle what collectors demand is. As always with collector demand, it is not at all 100% rational. On one hand they want grading to be tough enough to be accurate. On the other hand, you pay for grading in the hopes your card goes up in value with a highe grade so if there are mistakes but in your favor, you’re happy. So it’s a major conflict of interest, which leads to a conflict of interest by the graders too. Took them a while to figure it out but by being looser in grading, their demand went up man.

Actually--the sports card/memorabilia industry is a billion dollar industry. The main things that grading companies need to focus on are...

Authenticity
Credibility
Consistency

... the rest is garnish--such as turnaround time, packaging, etc.

Anytime you send cards in to get graded, you're wishing for great hits--and grades to meet your liking--I get it. But keep in mind, these graders see millions of cards so our cards are being held to high standards. They cannot "lower the expectations" just to make everyone happy--if they did that, the market would be saturated with 10s, 9s and 8s, and they would also be worth less--due to supply and demand.

I broke it down after I sent in my 200 cards. I felt...

35% were graded where I expected them to be
45% were graded LOWER than I expected (or hoped)
20% were graded HIGHER than I expected (and I was pleasantly surprised)

As for KSA and BGS--there is no true market for them. I collect vintage hockey and baseball and you rarely see Ruth's, Mantle's, Howe's, Orr's, etc. in any slab that isn't PSA (mostly) or SGC (accepted and emerging). In fact, I sent in (4) Mario Lemieux rookies that were in BGS slabs to get cracked and re-graded by PSA. Here's how they came back...

Lemieux Topps rookie #1 (BGS=10 / PSA=8.5)
Lemieux Topps rookie #2 (BGS=9 / PSA=8)
Lemieux Topps rookie #3 (BGS=9 / PSA=8)
Lemieux OPC rookie #1 (BGS=8 / PSA=7)

So, yeah, they took a dip. However, prior to having them re-graded, I offered to trade them to a dealer at a card show--all 4 of them for a 1951 Connie Mack All-Star Honus Wagner and the dealer told me he wouldn't even consider them in the BGS slabs because he couldn't re-sell them and the grades were likely inflated. He was 100% correct.

Reactions: joestevens29

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Actually--the sports card/memorabilia industry is a billion dollar industry. The main things that grading companies need to focus on are...

Authenticity
Credibility
Consistency

... the rest is garnish--such as turnaround time, packaging, etc.

Anytime you send cards in to get graded, you're wishing for great hits--and grades to meet your liking--I get it. But keep in mind, these graders see millions of cards so our cards are being held to high standards. They cannot "lower the expectations" just to make everyone happy--if they did that, the market would be saturated with 10s, 9s and 8s, and they would also be worth less--due to supply and demand.

I broke it down after I sent in my 200 cards. I felt...

35% were graded where I expected them to be
45% were graded LOWER than I expected (or hoped)
20% were graded HIGHER than I expected (and I was pleasantly surprised)

As for KSA and BGS--there is no true market for them. I collect vintage hockey and baseball and you rarely see Ruth's, Mantle's, Howe's, Orr's, etc. in any slab that isn't PSA (mostly) or SGC (accepted and emerging). In fact, I sent in (4) Mario Lemieux rookies that were in BGS slabs to get cracked and re-graded by PSA. Here's how they came back...

Lemieux Topps rookie #1 (BGS=10 / PSA=8.5)
Lemieux Topps rookie #2 (BGS=9 / PSA=8)
Lemieux Topps rookie #3 (BGS=9 / PSA=8)
Lemieux OPC rookie #1 (BGS=8 / PSA=7)

So, yeah, they took a dip. However, prior to having them re-graded, I offered to trade them to a dealer at a card show--all 4 of them for a 1951 Connie Mack All-Star Honus Wagner and the dealer told me he wouldn't even consider them in the BGS slabs because he couldn't re-sell them and the grades were likely inflated. He was 100% correct.

So here's what I've observed:

1) Since the recent time that both PSA and BGS have been handing out way more 10s, the grading business for these two companies has skyrocketed. Some of that is more new product singles, both more good players in all the sports along with more product including sports cards and inclusion of gaming cards such as Magic and Pokemon being graded. People like to pay for submissions if they think their submissions will increase the value of their cards significantly, within reason of course.

I do think it SHOULD BE the points you mentioned and in the past, it used to be. But the grading companies have clearly decided making more money is more important than integrity. PSA was caught in a scandal recently where they deliberately passed off many altered/trimmed cards for a particular seller they knew, both as genuine and as higher grade. Huge scandal.

2) For every vintage card (I define this as any card pre-1990s or pre-Upper Deck, so something like 1985 Topps is considered "vintage" in this definition) that is graded by PSA either as a single "good card" or as part of a set registry, a thousand modern cards are graded. The vast majority of cards that are graded are modern, on any given day, and the premier grading company for modern singles is BGS. It's not close.

3) So you can't take BGS slabs blindly and convert them over to PSA and measure if the grades went up or down. You have to look at the age of the BGS slab and of course if the slabs have been handled well (but you know the latter already). Basically the theory is both companies were much more strict in the past (I will say the past is pre-2012-ish...before Mike Trout's 2011 Topps Update RC became a huge deal). If you take a nicely cared for slab that was graded one grade by the same company and have that company re-grade the same card presently, there's a good chance the card will get a better grade from the same company.

4) Who you get to submit the card for grading is a big deal (unfortunately). Better grades are handed out to the massive submitters who submit hundreds of cards month after month. Many times some of these submitters will offer on a public forum like blowoutcardsforum to take on other peoples' submissions and submit them as their own cards in a larger batch. This way they can look bigger and more frequent in submissions to the grading company and then the company will have looser graders handle their submissions.

Anywhoo, that's the general perceived idea in the grading marketplace. These are my observations on what people in the industry perceive and not my own personal perceptions.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
So here's what I've observed:

1) Since the recent time that both PSA and BGS have been handing out way more 10s, the grading business for these two companies has skyrocketed. Some of that is more new product singles, both more good players in all the sports along with more product including sports cards and inclusion of gaming cards such as Magic and Pokemon being graded. People like to pay for submissions if they think their submissions will increase the value of their cards significantly, within reason of course.

I do think it SHOULD BE the points you mentioned and in the past, it used to be. But the grading companies have clearly decided making more money is more important than integrity. PSA was caught in a scandal recently where they deliberately passed off many altered/trimmed cards for a particular seller they knew, both as genuine and as higher grade. Huge scandal.

2) For every vintage card (I define this as any card pre-1990s or pre-Upper Deck, so something like 1985 Topps is considered "vintage" in this definition) that is graded by PSA either as a single "good card" or as part of a set registry, a thousand modern cards are graded. The vast majority of cards that are graded are modern, on any given day, and the premier grading company for modern singles is BGS. It's not close.

3) So you can't take BGS slabs blindly and convert them over to PSA and measure if the grades went up or down. You have to look at the age of the BGS slab and of course if the slabs have been handled well (but you know the latter already). Basically the theory is both companies were much more strict in the past (I will say the past is pre-2012-ish...before Mike Trout's 2011 Topps Update RC became a huge deal). If you take a nicely cared for slab that was graded one grade by the same company and have that company re-grade the same card presently, there's a good chance the card will get a better grade from the same company.

4) Who you get to submit the card for grading is a big deal (unfortunately). Better grades are handed out to the massive submitters who submit hundreds of cards month after month. Many times some of these submitters will offer on a public forum like blowoutcardsforum to take on other peoples' submissions and submit them as their own cards in a larger batch. This way they can look bigger and more frequent in submissions to the grading company and then the company will have looser graders handle their submissions.

Anywhoo, that's the general perceived idea in the grading marketplace. These are my observations on what people in the industry perceive and not my own personal perceptions.
All very good points. Only thing I will offer is clarification on the scandal--it was a dirty conspiracy that involved 3 people:

1. The "assigner" at PSA
2. The "grader" at PSA
3. The "submitter"

PSA as a company wasn't complicit--it was a couple of bad apples--and they were dealt with according to the law. That said, many hobbyists were left with a foul taste in their mouths because of it. I just happen to like SGC a lot--and they are a friendly group--based on the correspondence and communication I had with them.

Reactions: Rorschach

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
It appears (to me) that you are not only aware but you understand the scandal. I agree...PSA got a black eye but it didn't kill them at all.

Anywhoo the last batch I submitted to any grading was BGS and that was back in like 2007-ish. It was a bunch of mostly Crosby and Ovechkin RCs. I may cross them over to PSA...the only reason why I haven't already is how long it takes. Then I may cross them back to BGS. But if they increase in grade even slightly in the BGS scale, my value will increase four digits per card.

Good chatting with someone who knows their stuff.

Reactions: Boxscore

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
It appears (to me) that you are not only aware but you understand the scandal. I agree...PSA got a black eye but it didn't kill them at all.

Anywhoo the last batch I submitted to any grading was BGS and that was back in like 2007-ish. It was a bunch of mostly Crosby and Ovechkin RCs. I may cross them over to PSA...the only reason why I haven't already is how long it takes. Then I may cross them back to BGS. But if they increase in grade even slightly in the BGS scale, my value will increase four digits per card.

Good chatting with someone who knows their stuff.
SGC runs some awesome crossover specials... and their grading is $5 less than PSA.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
SGC runs some awesome crossover specials... and their grading is $5 less than PSA.

I really wish SGC would catch on in hockey. Beckett seems determined to price themselves out of the market for anything but high end. Hockey desperately needs more grading options.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Just pulled this out of last year's Trilogy.
20200911_163226.jpg

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
Basically the theory is both companies were much more strict in the past (I will say the past is pre-2012-ish...before Mike Trout's 2011 Topps Update RC became a huge deal).

A little off-topic here, but I've seen you mention the Trout cards and issues with it a few times now, and am curious what you're referring to. Always interested in hearing about things like this, so if you have more details I'm all up for it.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Which is why I collect for the sheer joy of collecting. However, I would never buy a box today--I'd rather hand-pick my vintage cards and buy them already graded and slabbed. Collecting vintage is so much fun--mostly 60's, 70's & 80's--although I recently picked up a couple 1933 Sports Kings cards... a Howie Morenz and Eddie Shore... both graded.

Can you post a pic of the Sports Kings cards? The oldest card that I have owned was an Aurele Joliat 1933-34 World Wide Gum Ice Kings V357. This was before grading and I live in the States, so vintage stuff was VERY hard to get. It was a solid NM card. I could imagine what a PSA 7 would be worth now. I would take any of those cards over a McDavid or someone like that any day of the week. I want to collect again, but I refuse to pay the jacked up/bloated COVID prices. I'd settle for a PSA 1, but I'd be afraid that would even be too much to spend. At the stage of my life now, I'd rather have the money in the bank or spend it on my family.

Last edited:

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
A little off-topic here, but I've seen you mention the Trout cards and issues with it a few times now, and am curious what you're referring to. Always interested in hearing about things like this, so if you have more details I'm all up for it.

Nice, I'm always willing to help conversation.

First, Trout cards are not an issue, they (specifically Trout's key RCs like his 2011 Topps Update) are a drink-stirrer/game changer. The 2011 Topps Update Mike Trout completely changed the baseball collecting hobby and for the better. Here are a few points (I will use the term "current era" as 2012 to 2020 and "previous era" as early 00s to 2012):

1) The previous era is defined as the hobby having a two clear grading companies as prevalent (PSA and BGS), at least one major electronic market place (eBay, then later, others from FaceBook to various popular card trading forums), the major online dealers like DA Card World, and all brands/products having modern card producing techniques (full color fronts and backs, reasonable centering, gloss surfaces, good quality card stock, good cutting, etc. overall higher grade cards straight out of packs). Premium cards are prevalent with memorabilia and autos being easily obtainable if you buy two boxes. Super high end product available such as Exquisite exist. Best player in hobby is probably Derek Jeter or ARod.

2) In the previous era, the magazine-price guide Beckett Baseball top 20 hottest cards are all auto-rookies (such as from various Bowman products) and high end memorabilia cards. Once in a while a vintage card/player creeps in.

3) The current era, a lot of the products and cards are continuations of brands, products and bells/whistles from the previous era but with current era players. By far the best player is taken over by Mike Trout. Trout doesn't become the best player right away but after a couple years on the Angels he is the hottest player in all of baseball. Then keeping up this highest level of play for several years, he becomes the second coming of Mickey Mantle in many peoples' eyes while taking over the mantle of baseball's ambassador from Jeter.

4) At the beginning of the current era, the Beckett top 20 each month looks exactly the same as the previous era, just new prospect names. Autographed RC cards, mostly from Bowman product, dominate the list heavily. Usually top three to five hottest rookies' auto RCs make up 75% of the list with the last 25% being the first signed RCs of the next five hottest prospects. ...plus Mike Trout's un-signed, normal Topps base card RC from 2011 Topps Update.

5) Meanwhile in hockey, since 2006, the Hockey Beckett top 20 is 80% unsigned, non-parallel, non-memorabilia, non-numbered base rookie cards from the last several years' UD base brand product. These cards are from the same subset brand, the strongest sub-brand in all of sports cards, available even in retail product: Young Guns (driven by Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin YGs from 05-06).

6) As each year passes in the current era, Trout's RC continues to explode in growth as each triple-crown caliber season he adds, the card grows exponentially. It eventually passes the $100 for a base card, as a raw copy! As it increases, grading for the card increases and the idea of the collectability a regular Topps base card RC increases. Deep in the heart of old school collectors, there is much rejoicing as they quickly embrace a paradigm that mirrors the golden age of baseball card collecting...the 1980s where base card RCs from Rickey Henderson 1980 Topps to 1989 UD Ken Griffey Jr. was the foundation of collecting. The entire hobby begins to put heavy emphasis on Topps base RCs of top players as "the card to have" of a player.

7) By 2017, this comes to a head...Trout is the heir apparent as the best and top hobby player in baseball to Derek Jeter. However, the heir apparent to the Yankees faithful, Aaron Judge has his rookies issued. As he bashes each homer in the MLB, the common Yankee and Judge fan wants his 2017 Topps Aaron Judge RC from Series 1 more and more, and as each product comes out, especially they key ones with important base cards such as 2017 Topps Chrome and Topps Heritage, the Judge rookies drive demand and lead a robust rookie class. As Trout and Judge collectors drive both ends of the collector base, collectors start to focus on other Topps base cards from other top rookies in the class (like Bregman, Swanson and others), other future prospects who will have their cards coming in future 2017 products like Cody Bellinger. On the other end, collectors retroactively begin hunting current stars and future HOFers cards in Topps base such as Clayton Kershaw.

8) The entire demand shifts paradigm. While auto rookies still command top dollar, the greatest demand, copies-wise, is for base RCs for Topps (S1, S2 and Update) and Topps Chrome. In the previous era, these base cards top out at $5 and usually above average rookies have their base RCs valued at $2 or less. Now, it's not unheard of for a proven prospect or a super-hype prospect (like Ohtani) to have double-digit base RCs. Grading of base RCs with BGS goes through the roof. A lot of that spills over to PSA as well. Retroactively, future HOF players go to double and eventually triple digits. The hobby rejoices as many, many collectors either switch or come back into the hobby to collect their fave players' base RCs, just like in the 80s. The Baseball Becket top 20 is 90% base cards, all RCs of players/prospects both past and present. Demand for high grade copies of these base cards often match or top the raw copies of autographed RC cards.

9) In hockey (2018), raw copies of Sidney Crosby's Young Guns from 05-06 UD Series 1 surpasses the $1000 mark on eBay and other online sales platforms. Sales are driven by the Pens winning a 3rd Cup during the Crosby era. The RAW copy!

10) Mike Trout's raw 2011 Topps Update base RC surpasses $500. In 2020, the Wuhan virus time, it surpasses $1000! (currently about $1600). Many other top players' Topps base RCs go from the dollar bin to double to triple digits as well, over the last few years, especially those from Topps Update.

Reactions: kaiser matias

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015

First, Trout cards are not an issue, they (specifically Trout's key RCs like his 2011 Topps Update) are a drink-stirrer/game changer. The 2011 Topps Update Mike Trout completely changed the baseball collecting hobby and for the better. Here are a few points (I will use the term "current era" as 2012 to 2020 and "previous era" as early 00s to 2012):

1) The previous era is defined as the hobby having a two clear grading companies as prevalent (PSA and BGS), at least one major electronic market place (eBay, then later, others from FaceBook to various popular card trading forums), the major online dealers like DA Card World, and all brands/products having modern card producing techniques (full color fronts and backs, reasonable centering, gloss surfaces, good quality card stock, good cutting, etc. overall higher grade cards straight out of packs). Premium cards are prevalent with memorabilia and autos being easily obtainable if you buy two boxes. Super high end product available such as Exquisite exist. Best player in hobby is probably Derek Jeter or ARod.

2) In the previous era, the magazine-price guide Beckett Baseball top 20 hottest cards are all auto-rookies (such as from various Bowman products) and high end memorabilia cards. Once in a while a vintage card/player creeps in.

3) The current era, a lot of the products and cards are continuations of brands, products and bells/whistles from the previous era but with current era players. By far the best player is taken over by Mike Trout. Trout doesn't become the best player right away but after a couple years on the Angels he is the hottest player in all of baseball. Then keeping up this highest level of play for several years, he becomes the second coming of Mickey Mantle in many peoples' eyes while taking over the mantle of baseball's ambassador from Jeter.

4) At the beginning of the current era, the Beckett top 20 each month looks exactly the same as the previous era, just new prospect names. Autographed RC cards, mostly from Bowman product, dominate the list heavily. Usually top three to five hottest rookies' auto RCs make up 75% of the list with the last 25% being the first signed RCs of the next five hottest prospects. ...plus Mike Trout's un-signed, normal Topps base card RC from 2011 Topps Update.

5) Meanwhile in hockey, since 2006, the Hockey Beckett top 20 is 80% unsigned, non-parallel, non-memorabilia, non-numbered base rookie cards from the last several years' UD base brand product. These cards are from the same subset brand, the strongest sub-brand in all of sports cards, available even in retail product: Young Guns (driven by Sidney Crosby and Alex Ovechkin YGs from 05-06).

6) As each year passes in the current era, Trout's RC continues to explode in growth as each triple-crown caliber season he adds, the card grows exponentially. It eventually passes the $100 for a base card, as a raw copy! As it increases, grading for the card increases and the idea of the collectability a regular Topps base card RC increases. Deep in the heart of old school collectors, there is much rejoicing as they quickly embrace a paradigm that mirrors the golden age of baseball card collecting...the 1980s where base card RCs from Rickey Henderson 1980 Topps to 1989 UD Ken Griffey Jr. was the foundation of collecting. The entire hobby begins to put heavy emphasis on Topps base RCs of top players as "the card to have" of a player.

7) By 2017, this comes to a head...Trout is the heir apparent as the best and top hobby player in baseball to Derek Jeter. However, the heir apparent to the Yankees faithful, Aaron Judge has his rookies issued. As he bashes each homer in the MLB, the common Yankee and Judge fan wants his 2017 Topps Aaron Judge RC from Series 1 more and more, and as each product comes out, especially they key ones with important base cards such as 2017 Topps Chrome and Topps Heritage, the Judge rookies drive demand and lead a robust rookie class. As Trout and Judge collectors drive both ends of the collector base, collectors start to focus on other Topps base cards from other top rookies in the class (like Bregman, Swanson and others), other future prospects who will have their cards coming in future 2017 products like Cody Bellinger. On the other end, collectors retroactively begin hunting current stars and future HOFers cards in Topps base such as Clayton Kershaw.

8) The entire demand shifts paradigm. While auto rookies still command top dollar, the greatest demand, copies-wise, is for base RCs for Topps (S1, S2 and Update) and Topps Chrome. In the previous era, these base cards top out at $5 and usually above average rookies have their base RCs valued at $2 or less. Now, it's not unheard of for a proven prospect or a super-hype prospect (like Ohtani) to have double-digit base RCs. Grading of base RCs with BGS goes through the roof. A lot of that spills over to PSA as well. Retroactively, future HOF players go to double and eventually triple digits. The hobby rejoices as many, many collectors either switch or come back into the hobby to collect their fave players' base RCs, just like in the 80s. The Baseball Becket top 20 is 90% base cards, all RCs of players/prospects both past and present. Demand for high grade copies of these base cards often match or top the raw copies of autographed RC cards.

9) In hockey (2018), raw copies of Sidney Crosby's Young Guns from 05-06 UD Series 1 surpasses the $1000 mark on eBay and other online sales platforms. Sales are driven by the Pens winning a 3rd Cup during the Crosby era. The RAW copy!

10) Mike Trout's raw 2011 Topps Update base RC surpasses $500. In 2020, the Wuhan virus time, it surpasses $1000! (currently about $1600). Many other top players' Topps base RCs go from the dollar bin to double to triple digits as well, over the last few years, especially those from Topps Update.
Looking at past eBay sales I haven't seen a Raw Trout selling for 1600. If that's the case tho I'll be more then happy to throw the three I have up there.

You really are rolling the dice on a Trout UD raw right now with all the reprints (read- counterfeit) copies on Fleabay. I got lucky finding boxes on clearance a few years ago at retail and have come to the conclusion those days are long gone.

And the funny thing about any Topps card? There's a ton of them out there. Yelich UDs could have been had for under ten bucks raw just a few months ago are now getting close to a hundred dollar card. Cards I have just sitting in piles, Tatis rookies, command big money.

It's gonna end. Sell

Reactions: ted2019

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
And way off topic, I finally found someone who owns one of the Farooq leg brace cards from the WWF Fleer set that is impossible to find.

I will be more then happy to trade a Crosby YG for it.

kaiser matias

Mar 22, 2004
(Clipped)

Thanks for the detailed reply, that was really interesting to read, and definitely clarifies things. Like I said, always like reading about things like this, and its wild to see how the hobby has shifted so much in the past few years.

Dave Karp

Jul 11, 2007
Nova Scotia
Have a quick question, not sure if anyone knows the answer. Thought I’d ask here before contacting Upper Deck.

Is UD still doing the expired redemption raffle during COVID? I just pulled a 11-12 SPA FWA Patch and I’m not sure if I should be sending right now (or if it’s even eligible [thought it was 05-present]). Couldn’t find any information on the website.

Rorschach

Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Have a quick question, not sure if anyone knows the answer. Thought I’d ask here before contacting Upper Deck.

Is UD still doing the expired redemption raffle during COVID? I just pulled a 11-12 SPA FWA Patch and I’m not sure if I should be sending right now (or if it’s even eligible [thought it was 05-present]). Couldn’t find any information on the website.

I think they do this at their convention and I doubt they are doing it this year. Maybe hold on to the redemption?

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
Looking at past eBay sales I haven't seen a Raw Trout selling for 1600. If that's the case tho I'll be more then happy to throw the three I have up there.

You really are rolling the dice on a Trout UD raw right now with all the reprints (read- counterfeit) copies on Fleabay. I got lucky finding boxes on clearance a few years ago at retail and have come to the conclusion those days are long gone.

And the funny thing about any Topps card? There's a ton of them out there. Yelich UDs could have been had for under ten bucks raw just a few months ago are now getting close to a hundred dollar card. Cards I have just sitting in piles, Tatis rookies, command big money.

It's gonna end. Sell

As I said earlier, people have more money to spend now because of the COVID. When everything eventually goes back to "normal", people who were spending all this money of cards, will go back to spending it on everyday life and vacations and other "vices". The card industry will go through their version of a great depression and A LOT of people will be kicking themselves spending all this money o newer stuff. If you are going to put money into the "Hobby", then ALWAYS go vintage, as vintage never goes down in value.

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj

Didn't you post this on Reddit?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I may finally look into grading some of my cards (never really bothered with it as I don't collect for money). Mainly I'd be looking at my 50's to early 80's stuff. I know COMC offers grading service that I have read can be a savings (and sometimes even result in better grading). They do BGS though and my preference is PSA. Any other outfits folks are aware of that offer similar but with PSA and any experience going this route versus doing it yourself? I won't be doing it until late this year, early next year as I know it will take a bunch of time I don't have right now.

Dave Karp

Jul 11, 2007
Nova Scotia
I think they do this at their convention and I doubt they are doing it this year. Maybe hold on to the redemption?

Appreciate the response. I contacted UD and they actually replied quickly. Basically they’re still doing the raffle, if there’s no conventions then they will do the draw at their HQs.

Didn't you post this on Reddit?

Nah, r/hockeycards is getting a little bit much these days. Unless you’re talking about a different subreddit. In any case, no it was not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad