Hockey Cards - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
The best is when this happens. I'll use Taylor Hall as an example although it didn't happen to him. Don't think it has happened in awhile.
Card will have Buffalo name and logo.
Picture of Hall will be in Coyotes jersey
Jersey will be from a Devils jersey

LOL. Maybe it's OCD or something but that would drive me batty.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The best is when this happens. I'll use Taylor Hall as an example although it didn't happen to him. Don't think it has happened in awhile.
Card will have Buffalo name and logo.
Picture of Hall will be in Coyotes jersey
Jersey will be from a Devils jersey
I hate those cards. Happened way too often. I can maybe understand the jersey pieces being different (but not really as so many are "photo shoot" worn nowadays anyway), but come on. For most guys, it isn't that hard to go and buy the rights to use a good photo.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Last edited:

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Believe he says that was his first video strictly on hockey, but I imagine he should release some more at some point. For baseball he did "Every Baseball Hall of Fame Rookie Card From 1952 - 1979" and has done the 70's for football as well.

Baseball:

Here's his channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxH_AYovVLCphzgb9my1exw/videos

Haha yes good catch. I rewatched it and heard it on the second go. Thanks again for that though! Really makes me want to kick myself in the nuts, seeing as at one point in the early 90’s I had almost everyone one of those cards. Oh well, live and learn I suppose.

Reactions: BestPlayerAvailable

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Am I the only one who got frustrated with Walmart not having 2” binders (perfect for UD sets of 500+cards) in stock, ordered enough for free shipping then return the ones I don’t need?

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Hey guys, so I need a little help again. I am in negotiations wit ha guy to purchase a Jean Beliveau rookie card. The card looks to be in pretty good shape in my opinion. Only problem is it has a persons name in pen written on the back side of the card. How much will that affect the value and the grade as I would send to PSA for grading?
810222BB-5301-4914-A0E6-4CA01D214E55.png
He wants 900$ and Im offering 700$ so will most likely settle at 800$. I’ve checked eBay and it seems to be a really good price. I just don't know how badly that signature would affect it. Any advice from those in the know?

Attachments

• B1F505E2-F982-46E8-8AFE-4A4435A774B5.png
    B1F505E2-F982-46E8-8AFE-4A4435A774B5.png
    680.5 KB · Views: 9

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Hey guys, so I need a little help again. I am in negotiations wit ha guy to purchase a Jean Beliveau rookie card. The card looks to be in pretty good shape in my opinion. Only problem is it has a persons name in pen written on the back side of the card. How much will that affect the value and the grade as I would send to PSA for grading? View attachment 402857 He wants 900$ and Im offering 700$ so will most likely settle at 800$. I’ve checked eBay and it seems to be a really good price. I just don't know how badly that signature would affect it. Any advice from those in the know?

PSA will grade the card as it, but than add a "MK" qualifier for "marks".

The price of the card will be dramatically affected, and now dependent on what someone is willing to pay based on eye appeal.

GreatSaveEssensa

Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
PSA will grade the card as it, but than add a "MK" qualifier for "marks".

The price of the card will be dramatically affected, and now dependent on what someone is willing to pay based on eye appeal.
Ok thanks. So basically the market for this card will just depend on how much a casual collector would want it?

Its hard to get a comparable price on eBay as they vary greatly in condition. I’m not really looking to sell it and if I ever decided to would be happy to get my money back, so basically thats what I’m looking for.

Collecting new cards is much easier haha. At least having a rough idea of the price of the card and whats its selling for at that moment.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Funny my co worker who knows nothing about cards peeped me to this today. What the heck is NBA Top Shot?
Sort of a mixture between Sports cards/Crypto/the stock market, basically they are videos on the blockchain of a highlight, with serial numbers (similar to a card). The site also has a marketplace to sell them on.

It's kind of a cool concept, I think if they can build on what you can actually do with the "moments" it would be much cooler. I don't see a lot of value in actually owning them as of now besides for speculation.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Sort of a mixture between Sports cards/Crypto/the stock market, basically they are videos on the blockchain of a highlight, with serial numbers (similar to a card). The site also has a marketplace to sell them on.

It's kind of a cool concept, I think if they can build on what you can actually do with the "moments" it would be much cooler. I don't see a lot of value in actually owning them as of now besides for speculation.
I cant see a reason why the NHL wont get in on this and then the NFL eventually aswell. Seems like a cool little side thing. Myself personally I like having cards in hand. On days im feeling a little down I look at my PC and feel a little better lol.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
I remember some years back when Devante Smith-Pelly was a rookie and all his The Cup, SP Authentic and Ultimate card’s were stamped with a autopen or somekinda signing machine, kinda makes me wonder if that has happened more often. Upper Deck does claim they have a witness watching every signing but since that did happened makes me wonder how much of that is true.

UD and other manufacturers call it their “witness” but that doesn’t mean what it sounds. A UD employee is not physically there to watch most autos...the ones they do usually are done at a UD event, private or public. But most are not signed at UD events.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I cant see a reason why the NHL wont get in on this and then the NFL eventually aswell. Seems like a cool little side thing. Myself personally I like having cards in hand. On days im feeling a little down I look at my PC and feel a little better lol.

I'd be surprised if there isn't a market for digital frames for products like this soon. Instead of framed jerseys in a basement bar, you have a looping highlight pack that you own.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Am I the only one who got frustrated with Walmart not having 2” binders (perfect for UD sets of 500+cards) in stock, ordered enough for free shipping then return the ones I don’t need?
Binders is the only thing the Walmart near me had. Cards have been MIA all over this city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad