Hockey Cards - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
They are buried in a box in the garage, have been for 20 years, way too many to post anyway. I know the Yzerman is pretty much perfect, the Bourque has fuzzy edges and is a bit off centre. The other cards are mostly in really good shape but some have the normal 80's issues, little off centre, rough cuts, etc. The best cards are in hard shell cases, the other good ones are in a binder in plastic sleeves. What's the bet way to sell it all including cardboard boxes of commons?

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Hi guys I wanted to maybe start collecting O’Pee Chee rookie cards from some of the great players from the 1980’s. I just have a couple questions. Are cards that are PSA or Beckett graded between 6-8 still considered valuable? Do cards with gradings in this scale still appreciate in value? For example would a Brett Hull rookie PSA 8-9 still be considered a nice card to have? I’d love to collect some of these cards but obviously cannot afford anything graded really high. I’d love to get my dad a Lafleur rookie in the lower scale grading. Also, why are Topps rookie cards so much cheaper than O’Pee Chee? Thanks

My suggestion is buy an ungraded set, hold and feel the cards and go from there. I have lots of expensive graded cards but most of my stuff is not graded, love handling cards, reading the backs, learning that Wayne Babych scored 54.

And buy O-Pee-Chee. Topps was US issued and has lots of great sets pre 19070 and post including 80-81 but after that lags until 89-90.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
They are buried in a box in the garage, have been for 20 years, way too many to post anyway. I know the Yzerman is pretty much perfect, the Bourque has fuzzy edges and is a bit off centre. The other cards are mostly in really good shape but some have the normal 80's issues, little off centre, rough cuts, etc. The best cards are in hard shell cases, the other good ones are in a binder in plastic sleeves. What's the bet way to sell it all including cardboard boxes of commons?

Problem with sets is they are heavy and hard to ship. The key is how mint the cards are. If you PM me and can take some snaps I can give you some ideas - now is a great time to sell, prices are stupid.

Reactions: Larry Hanson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad