OT: Hockey Cards and e-Pack

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Wait whattt base as in /21 or base as in not numbered?
Not numbered lmao, this one

7L4mtzk.png

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Not numbered lmao

Holy shit that's like a $20 card it looks like whatt he took that straight up? Jeez my offer probably would've brought him to tears then he must hate JRob or just really love Suzuki or something lol. He probably could've gotten the Suzuki /10 for that easily

I don't even wanna mention what I gave up for mine :laugh:

Reactions: Satan

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Holy shit that's like a $20 card it looks like whatt he took that straight up? Jeez my offer probably would've brought him to tears then he must hate JRob or just really love Suzuki or something lol. He probably could've gotten the Suzuki /10 for that easily

I don't even wanna mention what I gave up for mine :laugh:

Hahaha sometimes you just need to have the right cards. Not everyone on ePack knows everything about prospects either, so he might not have even known who JRob is.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hahaha sometimes you just need to have the right cards. Not everyone on ePack knows everything about prospects either, so he might not have even known who JRob is.

Looks like he has a rainbow JRob too wtf

The guy I traded with certainly knew his value and wanted more :laugh:

He only wanted a Laf auto in return, which I don't have so I had to give him..yeah Linden++ is all ill say...:help:and I had just received an offer for Linden that included a Laf yg

But hey, as long as I'm coming out with a card I really want then oh well I'll give whatever I don't want for it

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Looks like he has a rainbow JRob too wtf

The guy I traded with certainly knew his value and wanted more :laugh:

He only wanted a Laf auto in return, which I don't have so I had to give him..yeah Linden++ is all ill say...:help:and I had just received an offer for Linden that included a Laf yg

But hey, as long as I'm coming out with a card I really want then oh well I'll give whatever I don't want for it

Honestly the upside of JRob vs Linden +++ is a no-brainer anyway. I'll always trade in the other person's favour to get 1 big card for multiple lesser valued cards

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Honestly the upside of JRob vs Linden +++ is a no-brainer anyway. I'll always trade in the other person's favour to get 1 big card for multiple lesser valued cards

Yeah that's true, and it doesn't really matter anyways about the value for me cause I didn't trade for it to flip it or anything. Im likely gonna eventually ship it home and keep it unless I get another JRob card for it that interests me more lol. Besides, how often do you get the chance to trade for/acquire any card of one of your favorite players that's numbered to just 5? Not too often

Also I'm glad this JRob is super low numbered. Kinda surprised too cause his cards were obviously dirt cheap at one point but I'd assume these synergy achievement cards were made more recently than the others for epack

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Yeah you might as well wait a few months til COMC figures out their shipping. They've had a lot of difficulty scaling based on the recent rush on cards + coronavirus restrictions. I think they're like 9 months behind or something silly.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Yeah you might as well wait a few months til COMC figures out their shipping. They've had a lot of difficulty scaling based on the recent rush on cards + coronavirus restrictions. I think they're like 9 months behind or something silly.

Oh yeah I didn't really plan on sending anything home anytime soon anyways. Never know when someone might send a can't refuse offer for an item just sitting there lol

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Lmao f***, the guy that pulled it is a lunatic. I like to send him rude offers for fun just to get a rise out of him but he eventually blocked me

After he said he wanted $300 USD value, I sent him an offer of my 2019-20 SPGU Hockey 2019 NHL All-Star Skills Fabrics Tag Parallel, AS-MB. It's Mathew Barzal 2/2, the 1/2 went on ebay a year or two ago for $200 USD and he said "yeah thats not enough sorry.. you will have to add quite a bit to that" and then "gimme a few minutes i need to find value on the barzal".

I'm waiting to see what hilarious "value" he tells me.

Edit:

"ill have to pass for now we cant find an actual value on it.. either way even if it is 200 u.s. were still pretty far on value... very solid offer though"

Reinforcing my distaste for Leafs fans. Luckily I've got a good friend here in Austin who is a Leafs fan that keeps me from hating them outright. :laugh:

Reactions: Satan and Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Feels like there's not enough achievement inserts to go around for the synergy achievements :sarcasm:

Still like 365 autos available. Crazy

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Feels like there's not enough achievement inserts to go around for the synergy achievements :sarcasm:

Still like 365 autos available. Crazy

I picked up a box of Synergy and it was underwhelming. I have absolutely no will to even begin to chase any achievements for that set now, lol.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I picked up a box of Synergy and it was underwhelming. I have absolutely no will to even begin to chase any achievements for that set now, lol.

Yeah I opened 6 boxes and got absolutely nothing worth more than maybe $30 so I know how you feel :laugh:the inserts though eventually led to me getting the achievement autos which led to my JRob auto through trade so oh well

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Sooo someone offered me a ultimate collection icons McDavid game used patch auto (1 color patch tho) #'d to 25 and a Carter Hart synergy base auto /21

For my JRob synergy auto /5...do I take it? I didn't wanna trade it unless I got an offer I couldn't refuse. McDavid is the #1 player I'm interested in, do I take this or do I ask for more or just turn it down lol. He also has a Jack Hughes superscript rookie auto he offered in a previous deal but I told him he'd have to blow me away to get me to trade JRob

I love JRob but man I've been looking for McDavid card like that for a while..idk

However I get the impression the McDavid is maybe a $200-250 card? Which in that case isn't enough for me lol
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's a decent offer

Would you take it if someone offered it to you for your JRob?

There's a Carter Hart base synergy auto /21 too that I don't care about that he's offering, if I took this deal I'd probably ask him to swap it out for something else

Not even advertising my JRob but he's desperate for it it appears. Wonder if he's willing to go higher

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He replaced the Carter Hart with a Jack Hughes SPx superscripts auto, a Makar SPx obsidian rookie patch (1 color), and a J. Hughes rookie retrospective jersey (1 color). None of them are serial numbered

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
He replaced the Carter Hart with a Jack Hughes SPx superscripts auto, a Makar SPx obsidian rookie patch (1 color), and a J. Hughes rookie retrospective jersey (1 color). None of them are serial numbered
Would you take it if someone offered it to you for your JRob?

There's a Carter Hart base synergy auto /21 too that I don't care about that he's offering, if I took this deal I'd probably ask him to swap it out for something else

Not even advertising my JRob but he's desperate for it it appears. Wonder if he's willing to go higher

It's an ugly McDavid patch auto but I would probably move it for the McDavid and the right combination of cards that I could flip for some cashhhhhh.

I know who's after it, he's usually quite reasonable to deal with and is a huge Stars collector.

What's the upside on the JRob card? Sticker auto parallel from a set that is widely hated. It's probably worth $50 in under a year- if you're a collector, it's a sweet card to have.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
It's an ugly McDavid patch auto but I would probably move it for the McDavid and the right combination of cards that I could flip for some cashhhhhh.

I know who's after it, he's usually quite reasonable to deal with and is a huge Stars collector.

What's the upside on the JRob card? Sticker auto parallel from a set that is widely hated. It's probably worth $50 in under a year- if you're a collector, it's a sweet card to have.

Yeah the thing is I am really looking to keep the JRob for my collection, so I just countered with a ridiculous offer that I know would be an overpayment so he will likely be declining it. Guess I could've always taken the McDavid patch auto and moved it for an even better JRob lol

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Damn I didn’t even realize people commented on this thread! I’m gonna have to go up to my basement and get my cards out

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Have officially dealt my Robertson :(

I'll update with the return later, gonna try and swing some stuff first

Reactions: Satan

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes