OT: Hockey Cards and e-Pack

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Just bought two boxes on ePack and the notables I got:

YGs: Lankinen, Stutzle, Hoglander, and Romanov
YG Canvas: Romanov

Got some other MVP gold update card of Pierre-Olivier Joseph, numbered 143/250 and an Anthony Angello gold potrait 15/99.

I should've bought more S1 before they sold out since they had more of what I wanted.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Just bought two boxes on ePack and the notables I got:

YGs: Lankinen, Stutzle, Hoglander, and Romanov
YG Canvas: Romanov

Got some other MVP gold update card of Pierre-Olivier Joseph, numbered 143/250 and an Anthony Angello gold potrait 15/99.

I should've bought more S1 before they sold out since they had more of what I wanted.

Nice you hit really well too in your first 2 boxes.

I should've stopped after 2, but of course I opened a 3rd.

Got:

YGs: Crawley, Leonard, Knyzhov, Letunov, Skinner, Brome
YG canvas: Harkins
French yg: Meloche

Foudy & Kilvenieks or whatever his name is dual materials

Also got a Kempny base exclusives, which I was kinda happy about cause I've never pulled any exclusives of any type before lol. Never even thought I would pull a base one but there we go a garbage one

Got a Roussel french base tho, that's kinda awesome lol

So yeah probably like $15-20 worth of stuff in my 3rd box. Ouch. And like 5 or 6 of these were buzzer pulls like cmon UD

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Hit us with the highlights :laugh:
183693737_2837464596506455_5725092730286947096_n.png

Reactions: Johno

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Nice you hit really well too in your first 2 boxes.

I should've stopped after 2, but of course I opened a 3rd.

Got:

YGs: Crawley, Leonard, Knyzhov, Letunov, Skinner, Brome
YG canvas: Harkins
French yg: Meloche

Foudy & Kilvenieks or whatever his name is dual materials

Also got a Kempny base exclusives, which I was kinda happy about cause I've never pulled any exclusives of any type before lol. Never even thought I would pull a base one but there we go a garbage one

Got a Roussel french base tho, that's kinda awesome lol

So yeah probably like $15-20 worth of stuff in my 3rd box. Ouch. And like 5 or 6 of these were buzzer pulls like cmon UD

Yeah, I bought a 3rd too. Notables from that one:

YG: K'Andre Miller, Pius Suter, and Mason Marchment.
Rookie Materials: Jason Robertson
Retired Stars - Canvas: Gerry Cheevers
French - Checklist: Patrick Kane/Leon Draisaitl

Also forgot to mention I got a French base of Roope in the other box, so that's interesting. All in all, I should've stopped after 2, but not hating getting the JRob and at least there were no repeat YGs (aside from Steven Lorentz).

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Through two boxes:

YG Canvas - K'Andre Miller, Ian Mitchell
YG - Sorokin, Suter, Cozens, Desrosiers (lmao)
French - ZAR, MAF
RM - Korshkov (who?)
SS - Letunov

also did I f*** up by transferring by S1 to COMC

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Through two boxes:

YG Canvas - K'Andre Miller, Ian Mitchell
YG - Sorokin, Suter, Cozens, Desrosiers (lmao)
French - ZAR, MAF
RM - Korshkov (who?)
SS - Letunov

also did I f*** up by transferring by S1 to COMC

ya i would've just left shit in ePack rather than moving to COMC unless you plan to sell.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Feel like I might start opening packs instead of boxes, cause my pack pulls are always pretty solid it seems.

In 10 packs:

Box filler
4 ygs
Rookie auto (Quinney, but still)

I've never pulled a box filler or auto in a box

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Your luck could always go the opposite way with loose packs too (where you get a below average number of young guns). The "safest" way to buy is, in theory, a case. In a case you'll be guaranteed a hit like an acetate young guns plus high odds for the top rookie(s).

Reactions: Satan

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Your luck could always go the opposite way with loose packs too (where you get a below average number of young guns). The "safest" way to buy is, in theory, a case. In a case you'll be guaranteed a hit like an acetate young guns plus high odds for the top rookie(s).

Yea but that requires dropping over 1K :laugh:

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Buying a case just seems like spending even more to lose even more money lol

I would absolutely love to do it though, but as a college student that's a little out of my wheelhouse atm financially lol. I probably shouldn't be buying boxes let alone a case

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW

True, but ePack spending sneaks up on you, then you're pretty much spending case amount.

Hell, with CHL cards last year, I bought a case worth of boxes trying to get a Shane Wright card, but didn't get one. His card was probably a guaranteed case hit though. (In reality I should have just gone on ebay, but opening packs is so much fun).

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Anyone else chasing the Game Dated Moments? I've done the first 4 months but it keeps getting harder and harder to snipe the Friday drops. Couldn't get Caufield or Byfield on my laptop today.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
CHL was sick- I pulled two Shane Wright exclusives. I miss In the Game though.

My brother got an exclusive Shane Wright in his first box and has gloated about it ever since. He also pulled a Shane Wright auto from CHLGU as well.

At least I can make fun of him for not buying an Ovechkin YG for $40 in 2007 when I told him to.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
My brother got an exclusive Shane Wright in his first box and has gloated about it ever since. He also pulled a Shane Wright auto from CHLGU as well.

At least I can make fun of him for not buying an Ovechkin YG for $40 in 2007 when I told him to.

Hahaha I love that.

I wish I didn't listen to some of the OG collectors back in the day on Beckett or Hobby Insider. I remember when people used to complain that Crosby YGs were too high at $300. A lot of the old school guys are eating major crow right now.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Not sure why I decided I wanted to go for it, but I did the Laf/Shesterkin dual patch achievement. It's /10, but isn't numbered so thats kinda annoying but oh well I'll still take it. Pain in the ass to complete lol. Gonna chill on epack for a while, this was tiring and I probably wouldn't have gone for it had I not acquired the Kaprizov material first which is pretty stupidly expensive atm

laf.JPG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad