OT: Hockey Cards and e-Pack

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Have someone who wants my Laf yg and they have a Robertson silver foil and Harley young gun exclusive.

Straight up is Laf for those 2 a fair deal? I saw a Harley yge sell for $41 on ebay last night, and Robertson's price is climbing fast but could drop quickly soon lol so not sure what to think.

With Robertson's price right now I'm not even sure if they'd take the deal, but I'm just curious what yall think
Don't touch it- people will use your team bias to try and pry good deals from you. Robertsons will go back to $5 or less eventually because Dallas isn't a huge market team.

But if you do want Stars ygs- I have 19 Robertsons and a few others... ;) account name is Dach.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Don't touch it- people will use your team bias to try and pry good deals from you. Robertsons will go back to $5 or less eventually because Dallas isn't a huge market team.

But if you do want Stars ygs- I have 19 Robertsons and a few others... ;) account name is Dach.

He declined it anyways :laugh:

Pretty much the only stuff I have left available to trade is a Laf yg, Byram yg, Glass yg, and some lower end ygs and other inserts lol.

I currently have 0 Robertsons (other than his French yg) on epack though cause everytime I get one I get an offer I don't wanna turn down for them lmao. Figured I'd collect him last/wait until his price drops again since I'm currently working on Oettinger (need 6 more) and just finished Dellandrea and Harley. Didn't even intend on really collecting Dellandrea but I just kept getting him so I figured why not

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Jeezzz you've got almost enough for all the JRobs x2 lol. Not collecting the french ones or just waiting til they drop more in price?

Checking out your collection rn

My account name is Kcb52815

Last edited:
Reactions: Satan

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Some buddies and I from work started doing the upper deck eCards, so fun to get the free packs and trade. I'm trying to collect the Stars and some of my fav players like Barkov

Reactions: Johno and Satan

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Just made a trade for a Harley young gun exclusive...traded slightly more than I would've liked too but only by like $10-20

Also I love when people send offers where I get 2 Byrams and a bunch of Kivirantas for my Lafreniere lmao...and this dude has 14 Byrams..

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So uhhh I now have 2 Harley yg exclusives...guy I contacted about one previously just pulled another and sent me a random trade and basically gave it to me for scraps so...and I mean scraps (best cards I gave up were a Laf/Kravstov checklist and Hughes brothers checklist - non canvas cards that can be bought on eBay for like maybe $10 combined lol)

Makes up for me slightly overpaying someone else for the other one lol...

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
So uhhh I now have 2 Harley yg exclusives...guy I contacted about one previously just pulled another and sent me a random trade and basically gave it to me for scraps so...and I mean scraps (best cards I gave up were a Laf/Kravstov checklist and Hughes brothers checklist - non canvas cards that can be bought on eBay for like maybe $10 combined lol)

This is why ePack is waaaaay better than physical cards

Reactions: Kcb12345

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX

So you're saying you have one for me then? :naughty:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Someone wants my JRob for 3 Oettingers...should I take that or nah? Robertson's value is high right now like almost $25, but Oettinger is at like $6-7...I'm collecting Robertson but at that price I think I'm better off trading him for now lol and focus on other things. I've only got 2 JRobs but this would put me just 4 Oettingers away from a rainbow one

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Someone wants my JRob for 3 Oettingers...should I take that or nah? Robertson's value is high right now like almost $25, but Oettinger is at like $6-7...I'm collecting Robertson but at that price I think I'm better off trading him for now lol and focus on other things. I've only got 2 JRobs but this would put me just 4 Oettingers away from a rainbow one

I wouldn't. Goalies always seem to go for a lot of money, even for mediocre ones. Hold on to the the Oettingers and if he's still a starter in 10 years, they'll be $30 each.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I wouldn't. Goalies always seem to go for a lot of money, even for mediocre ones. Hold on to the the Oettingers and if he's still a starter in 10 years, they'll be $30 each.

I'm the one with the JRob haha he sent me 3 Oettingers

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Anyone wanna offer some tips for someone new to this?

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX

If you wanna jump right in, just buy a box of the Series 1 so you get a few YGs. With any luck, you'll find ones worth a bit to trade for others if you want. Then it's a matter of just using the marketplace to search for cards you want so you can either add them to your wishlist for quick access later or to find someone who has it and try to propose a trade.

The wishlist comes in handy because it also allows folks to see what you're looking for if they send you trade proposals.

If you're not sure of current values, you can use COMC.com (a site that you can transfer the cards to if you want to sell them, obviously they take a cut) to see what current prices are or you can sift through Ebay sold listings.

Other stuff you'll be able to pick up as you go or you can always pop a question in here. :)

Reactions: Johno and LT

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

I could make a master class on ePack. Let me know if you have any direct questions.

If you buy any packs- stick to Upper Deck Series 1 or 2 (2020-21 S2 isn't out yet, will prob drop later this month or in May).

The gold standard on ePack are "young guns" which are rookie cards. These are ultra liquid and easiest to trade. I trade based on values from www.comc.com (make an account here to see the real prices).

People will target your cards based on your avatar, I strategically have a Stars avatar because I was trying to stock up on JRob and Oettinger ygs while they were cheap. Every now and then people will send a wildly lopsided trade (i.e., $17 Jrob yg for a $1 scrub yg in my favour; or vice-versa in their favour because they think I'm a Stars fan).

Rule of thumb values usually are:
- 100 base cards for 1 young gun
- 1 jersey card for 2 young guns

Reactions: LT

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

I have a large collection of 90-91 Prosets you can have for like $500. I could get double that on eBay. Includes rookie cards for Modano, Roenick, Jagr, Mogilny etc and three John Druce rookies so you know I'm serious. Limited time offer. You pay shipping.

Reactions: LT and Satan

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I have a large collection of 90-91 Prosets you can have for like $500. I could get double that on eBay. Includes rookie cards for Modano, Roenick, Jagr, Mogilny etc and three John Druce rookies so you know I'm serious. Limited time offer. You pay shipping.

This will go great with my massive 2000+ card collection of late-90s-to-just-post-lockout collection that I would value at likely $10.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Someone listed a Harley yg exclusive for $47 on ebay if anyone is interested. Cheapest one up by far, however his value does sit in that $40-50 range currently so it's not a "steal" or anything.

And no, it was not me lol

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
well

im getting pulled in

Got these YGs: Duke, Dellandrea, Bellows, McMichael, Oettinger, Kravtsov

French YG: Bowers

and a handful of other cards that seem to not be completely worthless

still very confused about a lot of stuff but im picking it up

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Nothing, don't even bother opening the free packs because they just clutter your collection up

ah thats what those are from

was wondering why they were different

So YGs and jerseys are basically the only worthwhile cards?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad