Hockey Arena XIX - Vagrant is the King!

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Ducky, I wish you would have taken this a bit more serious. Not like Islander or anything, but it would have been nice to see what your team could do. If not for yourself, then for the people who helped you build it:neener:

How many PIMs does Mr.Self Control have this season?

My first ever playoff series in I.1, and I've drawn Jerphish. This might not go well.

Good luck to everybody in the playoffs!:yo:

I might be missing my window for a I.1 title:cry: I've finished 2nd, 3rd & 2nd in the regular season and 3rd & 2nd in the playoffs. The Coyotes have my number and there's a bunch of other good teams. And now the World League is taking my TS.

EDIT: Whoa. Vagrant, congrats on making the playoffs in your first season in I.1!

Good luck:cheers:

Last edited:

Chairman Mallard

Mar 9, 2007
Santa Rosa
Ducky, I wish you would have taken this a bit more serious. Not like Islander or anything, but it would have been nice to see what your team could do. If not for yourself, then for the people who helped you build it:neener:

How many PIMs does Mr.Self Control have this season?

I might be missing my window for a I.1 title:cry: I've finished 2nd, 3rd & 2nd in the regular season and 3rd & 2nd in the playoffs. The Coyotes have my number and there's a bunch of other good teams. And now the World League is taking my TS.

EDIT: Whoa. Vagrant, congrats on making the playoffs in your first season in I.1!

Sorry to disappoint but ha just doesn't interest me much anymore especially since I've been working a lot lately. It's just boring there's nothing exciting about the game anymore.

He has been in Tibet meditating as vagrant said. No pim no ice time. Also found a goalie with 150 speed and only like 50 goal haha

Last edited:

smetana

B2B2B2B HA Champs
Aug 5, 2006
USA I.1

And, next season, add primetime to the mix. That team is scary good.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site

Thanks! It's really odd because I feel like I made it by pure luck. Going by AI alone, my team is nowhere NEAR playoff worthy. I just feel like I ran into a few teams that didn't really pay much attention to day to day operations and took advantage of that with some lucky adjustments. I honestly thought I was going to relegate this season!

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
WORLD LEAGUE SEMIS!!!!!!!!

I fell behind 0-2 in the first period. I had FIVE penalties. Four in the first 11.5 minutes. Including a 3-5 which I killed off. They scored on two. I tied it up in the second period with two real goals. The Krecek took a penalty at 16:45 of the third period. My boys killed that off and then scored 4 seconds later at 18:49. Nice.

LUCKY? Maybe.

I think this might be the end of the road though. The other teams are very good.

Yeah. It's getting tough up here again.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site

Indeed they are. I just matched up with them in the National Cup finals after defeating Ducky, miraculously if he was paying attention. Not sure he was though. My only hope of winning the NC over primetime is EXP edge in the top lines if I have it because his team is much younger.

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
He has been in Tibet meditating as vagrant said. No pim no ice time. Also found a goalie with 150 speed and only like 50 goal haha

lol, that's ridiculous thats for players. At least the goalie is somewhat decent in that distribution unlike the one with 100+ SCo. :laugh:

So far two of my veterans (1 0P, 1 6P) will net be 300M this Super Wednesday/Thursday, and I've still got 4 four crap train and sells plus 1 more 0P veteran left to increase the payoff. Sweet, sweet money to continue my rebuild. :naughty:

EDIT:

15.11 - Player Zachary Mims was sold for 13 000 000 to team HC Nuts.
15.11 - Player Arthur Mason was sold for 24 000 000 to team HC Budeč panthers.
15.11 - Player Alfredo Greenwood was sold for 10 362 727 to team HC PLEEE VSETIN.
15.11 - Player Jame Bernstein was sold for 185 348 914 to team HC SoulStorm Praha.
15.11 - Player Johnny Irving was sold for 70 000 000 to team K H L Medveščak Zagreb.
15.11 - Player Pankrác Mirga was sold for 194 670 000 to team Haunstetter Ratten.

Total: 497,381,641

And there is still one veteran to go tomorrow. This could be a 600+M haul this season.

Last edited:

Forsbergwannabe

Sep 16, 2006
Odense Denmark
WORLD LEAGUE SEMIS!!!!!!!!

I fell behind 0-2 in the first period. I had FIVE penalties. Four in the first 11.5 minutes. Including a 3-5 which I killed off. They scored on two. I tied it up in the second period with two real goals. The Krecek took a penalty at 16:45 of the third period. My boys killed that off and then scored 4 seconds later at 18:49. Nice.

LUCKY? Maybe.

I think this might be the end of the road though. The other teams are very good.

Yeah. It's getting tough up here again.

Between you being in the semi in the WL and me leading Denmark to the semi in the WC, HF is doing pretty well internationally! Poland is likely the end of the road for me as well, but stranger things have happened in this game!

My own team finished second in div II, but with an average age of 22,6 in the top 17, I fully intend to wait a season, before I promote back into div I! My usual focus on potential and loyalty ensures that I am in a very good position moving forward though.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Thanks! It's really odd because I feel like I made it by pure luck. Going by AI alone, my team is nowhere NEAR playoff worthy. I just feel like I ran into a few teams that didn't really pay much attention to day to day operations and took advantage of that with some lucky adjustments. I honestly thought I was going to relegate this season!

Any chance you can play on low so I can save TS for the World League? Thanks. You're a doll.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
smetana, do you think you can pull off game 3 vs Purple Haze? If you do, then we'll be playing in round 2. And I'll be damned if I know what I'll do in game 1. I'm currently leaning towards playing on Low to stay at Heavenly+1 for the WL match on Wednesday. So if you beat jerp, you'll also have an easy game 1.

And if I manage to pull off the miracle vs the Cardiff Devilsto advance to the WL Finals, then you'll probably have an easy game 2 as well:help:

Haha, let's just say that winning the NC final game is worth more TS to me than losing 5-2 instead of 8-0 against your squad. :D

My TS thanks you:) Good luck in the NC:thumbu:

smetana

B2B2B2B HA Champs
Aug 5, 2006
USA I.1
smetana, do you think you can pull off game 3 vs Purple Haze? If you do, then we'll be playing in round 2. And I'll be damned if I know what I'll do in game 1. I'm currently leaning towards playing on Low to stay at Heavenly+1 for the WL match on Wednesday. So if you beat jerp, you'll also have an easy game 1.

Jerphish has some injuries right now, and played three youths tonight. I beat him twice in the regular season, so I suppose anything is possible.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Jerphish has some injuries right now, and played three youths tonight. I beat him twice in the regular season, so I suppose anything is possible.

Lucky you, then:nod: You might get a free ride straight to the Finals. I hate you just thinking about it:neener:

It ended up being closer than I expected for playing on Low, but when I pulled out all the stops to get the W in Game 1 and didn't get it.... time to pack it up and get realistic. :D

Now that's weird. I played both on Low, but I upped the win bonus in the second one to 1M. Good thing I did that! It would have sucked to go to a 3rd game. I'm not sure if I could have resisted the urge to up the Motivation:scared:

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
:biglaugh:

See you in the next round. Dammit. That's so unfair that you know what I'm doing tactically:scared:

smetana

B2B2B2B HA Champs
Aug 5, 2006
USA I.1
:biglaugh:

See you in the next round. Dammit. That's so unfair that you know what I'm doing tactically:scared:

Well, in all fairness, even if you hadn't mentioned it, it wasn't going to take a rocket scientist to guess where your current TS priorities lay:D

Rune Forumwalker

May 11, 2006
The next two seasons will be interesting. I'll be trying to snag three forwards and one defenseman to continue the rebuilt, but beyond that I'm not sure what to do for the lines.

Should I just move my veterans to the third line and give the kids all the 5vs5 and special teams time, give the kids 5vs5 and the veterans the special teams time, or give the veterans the top 5vs5 line but the kids get all the special teams time?

I'm not entirely sure since there are still three veterans, and one younger player (21), with NT futures.

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
Bombsville with the smackdown in game one. I'm out-gunned, and I know it.

How is that possible? Has Onno given up 6 goals in another game this season? I'm stunned. That was crazy. I didn't think that would happen in a million years.

Is your TS okay? Could that make that much of a difference?

smetana

B2B2B2B HA Champs
Aug 5, 2006
USA I.1
How is that possible? Has Onno given up 6 goals in another game this season? I'm stunned. That was crazy. I didn't think that would happen in a million years.

Is your TS okay? Could that make that much of a difference?

His worst game of the season, and he picked a fine time for it, but you outshot me by a good bit, too.

Hmm. TS. Define "okay." :laugh:

tujague

Feb 13, 2005
My World league run is over. Dammit. At least it wasn't an embarrassing loss. Only 0-1 to what has to be one of the best teams in the game. My guys just couldn't stay out of the box for most of the first period or two. I guess my SCo is too low for these types of games.

His worst game of the season, and he picked a fine time for it, but you outshot me by a good bit, too.

Hmm. TS. Define "okay." :laugh:

Not Murderous is okay enough for me most seasons:naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce