U18: Hlinka Semis

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Weak call.

TBH, I thought the U.S. played really well - until the 3rd. If the refs had stayed out of it, it would have been better for both teams.

I don't think either team has played particularly well today but they've both had their stretches. To be fair to the teams, it's hard to establish your game when the refs are hellbent on calling a penalty every couple of minutes. The backbreaker was the 5-on-3 and 2 goals against. Never recovered from that. Canada just has more talent and a better PP, so usually that will win out.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
All of a sudden, George looks like Hasek.

I don't think either team has played particularly well today but they've both had their stretches. To be fair to the teams, it's hard to establish your game when the refs are hellbent on calling a penalty every couple of minutes. The backbreaker was the 5-on-3 and 2 goals against. Never recovered from that. Canada just has more talent and a better PP, so usually that will win out.
I agree.

• Haha
Reactions: bopeep

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
For.. if this holds... made the u20 final ar Xmas and the hlinka final in 10 months.. 2 completely different rosters and both were fueled by our D. That is great!

Forward wise... benak, sale and kulich look promising.

Makes that awful u18 easier to swallow.lol

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
For.. if this holds... made the u20 final ar Xmas and the hlinka final in 10 months.. 2 completely different rosters and both were fueled by our D. That is great!

Forward wise... benak, sale and kulich look promising.

Makes that awful u18 easier to swallow.lol
I really enjoy Ondrej Kos in this game. Such a dominant skater with the puck, reminds me of a more creative Brabenec with his style, promising forward.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
I really enjoy Ondrej Kos in this game. Such a dominant skater with the puck, reminds me of a more creative Brabenec with his style, promising forward.
He's been great! This team is following the u20 blueprint. Our D have been beautiful.

I am thrilled with silver and hoping for gold tomorrow. This should get some Czechs into draft talks... jecho, titlbach, kos, jiricek, filibigr, galvas

Plus badinka is in draft talks.

Then you got Skok and benak for next year.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
See you tomorrow Canada... sorry Finland... you were missing key guys and we weren't.

Reactions: jj cale

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
So I expected everything, but not this. I didn't see the beginning and that was probably the basis of success:snide:
No, this was an absolutely dominant performance:handclap:
And it was also mentioned in the live broadcast.. After the crazy performance at U18.. I can't do it all again.. f*** off Petr..:noway:

Reactions: Czechboy

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
For the love of God, NOT more penalties.
All the penalties I have seen in the Canada-US game have been legit.

(Have I mentioned I couldn't watch the game because TSN is bent on showing women's world cup replays from days before and TSN2 was showing Omegaball and then Kickball?)

Also, the Hockey Canada live blog has been sarcastically commenting about all the penalties. Pour some salt out, boys, it's pickling season. Live Blog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad