U18: Hlinka Semis

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Well... That was a crazy round robin. Two teams went 2 and 1 and did not advance.

Czechs vs Finland
Canada vs USA

Games are on Friday!

Good luck to everyone. I am guessing another Canada vs Finland gold medal game but we will see

Reactions: Fatass

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The Finnish team is soo bad. Such garbage effort vs a mediocre Slovakia for a must win game. Fluked into a win with 3 seconds left. Canada vs Czechia for the grand finals.

Reactions: Jukurit

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t like the USA’s chances, especially if Swanson doesn’t play.

Other semi final could go either way. I’d give Finland the slight edge, but I don’t think either team is good.

Canada is the big favorite remaining of the four and should win Gold, as long as they get good enough goaltending.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I don't think Finland should even be playing in semis. They looked so bad against Switzerland and Slovakia. Lucky goal with 3 seconds left saved them.

Czechia is a clear favourite against Finland.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
I don't think Finland should even be playing in semis. They looked so bad against Switzerland and Slovakia. Lucky goal with 3 seconds left saved them.

Czechia is a clear favourite against Finland.
We should definitely judge teams based on one game. See. Slovakia was essentially equal to Finland, based on yesterday's game. And Canada is 10 goals better than Slovakia which means Canada is 10-goals better than Finland, which is why it makes perfect sense that Canada lost by three to Finland.

• Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

ijuka

May 14, 2016
We should definitely judge teams based on one game. See. Slovakia was essentially equal to Finland, based on yesterday's game. And Canada is 10 goals better than Slovakia which means Canada is 10-goals better than Finland, which is why it makes perfect sense that Canada lost by three to Finland.
Canada was sleepwalking the first game - happens. But Finland's level was revealed when they just barely manage to win a must-win game vs Slovakia with 3 seconds left, after losing to Switzerland.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Canada was sleepwalking the first game - happens. But Finland's level was revealed when they just barely manage to win a must-win game vs Slovakia with 3 seconds left, after losing to Switzerland.
Sure sure. But youth hockey is chaotic. Kids have bad days.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Even with their goal-tending woes? I'm not so sure they should considered the favorite for anything.
Just based on Canada's success at this tournament (23 out of 30 tournament in which we've played, we've won Gold - 77%), they'd be considered the favourite. Then there's the quality of Team Canada up front.

If you want to bet on someone else winning Gold, good luck, but I would not make that bet.

Last edited:

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Even with their goal-tending woes? I'm not so sure they should considered the favorite for anything.

Yes. There hasn't been a dominant team here so far as all have had significant ups and downs. But it's Canada and they have most of their best team here, whereas most of the competition does not. It's not a perfect Canadian team by any means but even if the team goals against remains poor, they have the ability to outscore the opposition.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
No idea why games are at same time.lol. This happens in soccer but I'm not sure I've seen this in hockey.before? ??

Good.puck to all 4.nations. i.know.finns had some close and maybe uninspired games but they are a nightmare.in elimination games...I like their sisu ....but they are missing a few key guys.

Lineup seems to.have skokocing.up.to.third.pair. I still.have.no.idea where svozil is?..hurt or.scratched?

Otherwise Czechs are healthy going in
.. also....no.glaring lineup.complaonts. this is our squad and no.one is missing. So no.bitcjing going on!

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
that goal was 100% on Marila but thats also why I dont fanfare Hemming his backcheck was half arsed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad