U18: Hlinka Semis

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
1. Kiviharju 2. Helenius 3. Väisänen 4. Hemming are clear tier 1 for Finns
then come
Vinni, Suoniemi, Soini, Saarelainen, Vesterinen after that Miettinen, Rimpinen, Saarinen and maybe Muhonen, Ruohonen, Hannikainen, Hynninen
rest are irrelevant non prospects

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
What the hell is Butella doing? Loses his stick in the offensive zone and then slowly lumbers past the US bench back to the defensive zone without a stick.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Now I actually wish that Suoniemi hadn't scored that goal with 3 seconds left. Would've saved them from this embarrassment.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I wonder if they'll ever get rid of that stupid trapezoid?

In today's P.C. world, I wonder if U.S. goalie "Heil" gets teased about his name a LOT?

At the risk of stating the obvious, that was Canada's period.

5 on 5, Canada is more than fine and, if we can stay out of the box, we'll be in the GMG.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
The Grizzlies just scored another run in an exciting mixed kickball game against the Panthers on TSN2. The Panthers pitcher (bowler) is a heavyset gentleman wearing #69. I'm not making any of this up.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
The Grizzlies just scored another run in an exciting mixed kickball game against the Panthers on TSN2. The Panthers pitcher (bowler) is a heavyset gentleman wearing #69. I'm not making any of this up.
TSN's doesn't want to risk alienating the "kick-ball" fans.

Maybe it's just me but it's enjoyable to see the Finns get blown out for a change.
I know you are not a fan of the Finns. :)

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
So...

Kickball is baseball mixed with soccer?

I mean, it was their opening game, it wasn't well played by either team, the goalies were trash, etc. It was more pond hockey than anything.
Fair enough.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
TSN's doesn't want to risk alienating the "kick-ball" fans.

I know you are not a fan of the Finns. :)

I don't dislike the Finns. They're just a team where the sum is often greater than the parts. They rarely get overwhelmed. They seem to hang around every game, even if overmatched talent wise, and more often than not find a way to outlast the opposition. It's respectable and annoying at the same time.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Craig Conroy is so likable.

Gord Miller.... not so much.

I don't dislike the Finns. They're just a team where the sum is often greater than the parts. They rarely get overwhelmed. They seem to hang around every game, even if overmatched talent wise, and more often than not find a way to outlast the opposition. It's respectable and annoying at the same time.
Fair enough. I just remember you saying once, long ago, you'd prefer Canada win Gold (in any given tournament) over the Finns so... thus my comment. :)

Maybe I am misremembering.

Yup. Kids game we called soccer baseball. Large rubber ball that gets bowled, then kicked, rather than pitched then hit.
TBH, I remember playing it when we were at school - and that was a LONG time ago.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Craig Conroy is so likable.

Gord Miller.... not so much.

Fair enough. I just remember you saying once, long ago, you'd prefer Canada win Gold (in any given tournament) over the Finns so... thus my comment. :)

Maybe I am misremembering.

I might have although I don't remember. I often root (or don't root against) for Canada if the US is out just because a strong Canadian hockey program helps, not hurts, the hockey in the US. More recently though I've rooted for the resurgent nations (i.e., Czechia) to break through again. I'd be down to see Czechia win gold here.

MeHateHe

Dec 24, 2006
Gotta go get a lunchtime workout in. Someone keep track of that kickball game. Looks like the Panthers might be staging a comeback which would be a shocker or maybe not.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
More recently though I've rooted for the resurgent nations (i.e., Czechia) to break through again. I'd be down to see Czechia win gold here.
I agree, 100%. It will be hard to root against Czechia in the GMG - even if Canada is there.

Gotta go get a lunchtime workout in. Someone keep track of that kickball game. Looks like the Panthers might be staging a comeback which would be a shocker or maybe not.
LOL. :)

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The Finnish team is soo bad. Such garbage effort vs a mediocre Slovakia for a must win game. Fluked into a win with 3 seconds left. Canada vs Czechia for the grand finals.
Looks like this prediction of mine was pretty accurate. What a terrible team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad