U18: Hlinka Gretzky Cup

ddlennon

May 1, 2018
Helsinki
Great clutch win time for this 06 group to show if theyre for real or not also seems like saarelainen & vesterinen have gone kasper the ghost without helenius

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I thought it'd be Sweden vs Canada on the final. Swedes go 2-1 and get eliminated in a very tough format.

If they didn't have to beat us 6-0 and we had to win.. I think they would've killed us.
Liv was great.

Czechs were good for long stretches but those tic tac toe plays didn't work and probably won't against Finland. Need to keep it simple for Semi.

Jiricek is back... Great news.

We won the pool and I didn't see that coming. I just wanted a semi and we made it.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It’s perplexing the USA doesn’t bring some of the standouts that will be on the U17 USNDTP for the upcoming season (the kind that have a chance to get promoted to the U18 team and play in the IIHF U18 championship by season’s end). They could get really aggressive and bring some likely demotions from the U18 team as well but that’s probably not a great stigma to have. Either way they really leave this particular tournament by the wayside.

salamandra

Aug 31, 2017
Finally a better goalkeeper and an immediately better result. If Haronik had been goalie from the beginning of the championship, Slovakia could have easily finished third.

Reactions: Pazucha

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Couldn't get more classic than this. Brooootal for the swiss

Nah. Never had any hope after losing by 5. Shouldn't have played the worst game of the tournament vs Canada. Hopefully some lessons (I already listed them) learned by the coaching staff. Was still a good tournament, winning 2 out of 3.

Reactions: Speyer and Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
You always bet against your own team. :)

Your team is terrific and deserve a GMG.
there is a pretty good reason for that.lol

I cheer to the end though!

Thrilled about semi and 2 more games. I don't think we are gold calibre this year though... the D is lovely, Benak is a beaut and Milota is fine. We lack finish and goalscoring to my eye.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
anyone have clip of the winning Finn goal with a few seconds left?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Hlinka Gretzky cup and my watching matches. I saw a friendly match with Canada....
I didn't see the match with the USA, I was at a concert abroad. Due to network overload, the internet did not work for anyone, I found out the result long after the match was over.
A match with Germany and a must-win, I saw that..
And today I saw it down to 0:3. Nothing very good, I'll tell you..

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
We won the group! We are in the semis. Everyone agrees Benak and jiricek are first rounders. It's an offensive style. We allowed 8 goals against in 3 games. This has been great!
Hlinka Gretzky cup and my watching matches. I saw a friendly match with Canada....
I didn't see the match with the USA, I was at a concert abroad. Due to network overload, the internet did not work for anyone, I found out the result long after the match was over.
A match with Germany and a must-win, I saw that..
And today I saw it down to 0:3. Nothing very good, I'll tell you..

Reactions: mirec04 and pgfan66

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
We won the group! We are in the semis. Everyone agrees Benak and jiricek are first rounders. It's an offensive style. We allowed 8 goals against in 3 games. This has been great!
It was rather thought that when I'm watching, the results are not much..
And otherwise yes, overall we have to be satisfied.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad