Group A: Group B:
-Czechia -Slovakia
-USA -Canada
-Germany -Finland
-Sweden -Switzerland

Last edited:

Sanz4

Feb 1, 2023
Will be interesting to see Sweden if they can advance to semifinal, the WHC tournament was a disaster but they have since that improved vs national teams. What i think was a huge miss by the coach was that not a 07 forward got selected to the camp. The forward situation is not that good like previous years, so 2 top 07's could improve the attack

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Those weren’t my predictions, just the teams in each group :laugh:. Slovaks will likely finish in last place in the group with weak 06 age group
Well, just now. The Czechs play in a group with the USA, Germany and Sweden. But not with Canada.

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
Is TSN televising the games because last time the tournament was in Europe, they didn’t…

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
Awesome news in terms of 6 games worth of coverage. Such a good tournament that doesn’t get enough notoriety

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

These are the games tsn is broadcasting, which I’m assuming will also give access to the American network like they do with other international tournaments. However I wonder if Czech and Slovak federations will provide free streaming access via YouTube or their federation sites like they did in 2021.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Who should we watch for, in particular for the 2024 draft?

Any top 3 round candidates?
I am not that familiar with this age group yet, so hopefully someone else can answer your question. From my limited knowledge Ondrej Maruna could be the best 2024 draft eligible player on the roster.
Hmm, based on production alone, I thought Tomas Chrenko would have made the team, but perhaps he's considered too late an '07 to make it
I don't know the reason but he wasn't even invited to the pre tournament 40+ players camp.

At the end of last season he played U16 international tournament and his performance was disappointing.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Hmm, based on production alone, I thought Tomas Chrenko would have made the team, but perhaps he's considered too late an '07 to make it
Chrenko is a smaller and weaker player in terms of strength and he would need to be in a top 6 role based on his play style. There is already smaller players in the top 6 who he wouldn’t beat out like Kiss.

He will be there next year.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Who should we watch for, in particular for the 2024 draft?

Any top 3 round candidates?
2024: Maruna, Kupec, Kiss

Top 3 rounds? For Maruna maybe if he has a good season in the Q. But he’s probably more of a 4-5 rounder. Kiss is interesting, his production in U16 AAA this season was similar to a player who the jets just took in the third round (last season production).

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Projected lineups for each team?

I’ll take a crack at Slovakia:

Maruna - Pobezal - Liscinsky
Kiss - Pitka - Zalesak
Tomasec - Chovan - Tomik
Liska - Prokopovic - Mikulec

Kupec - Radivojevic
Belusko - Huzevka
Licko - Meszaros
Petras - Fabus

Rafaj
Bodnar
Haronik

Reactions: pgfan66

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I'll give it a try form Germany, but I have no idea what the actual lineup will look like. I am basing this just on what I would do, and I may be off on some of the positions. I have seen most of the forwards play both center and wing in the past, so it will be interesting to see who the coaches choose for the center positions.

Rihards Griva - David Lewandowski - Gustavs Griva
Nikolas Biggins - Max Herzog - Clemens Seeger
Felix Kerbel - Elias Pul - Nick Maul
Tobias Schwarz - Simon Seidl - Maximilian Oswald
Clemens Sager

Max Hense - Carlos Händel
Manuel Schams - Jacob Ficenec
Maximilian Merkl - Rio Kaiser
Noah Hahn - Finn Serikow

Lennart Neiße
Michail Elagin

Reactions: pgfan66

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I am not that familiar with this age group yet, so hopefully someone else can answer your question. From my limited knowledge Ondrej Maruna could be the best 2024 draft eligible player on the roster.

I don't know the reason but he wasn't even invited to the pre tournament 40+ players camp.

At the end of last season he played U16 international tournament and his performance was disappointing.

Theo Kiss I'm watching closely on top of Maruna.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad