Hitting Girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leroux 66

May 22, 2007
This sounds exactly like the team in Manitoba HS.
Just out of curiosity, how does a 5'3 girl make your team? I mean she has to be pretty damn good in this case.

She's alright for a girl, but our coaching staff really liked her and her brother was a senior on the team when i was a freshman, i don't really know why she made it.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
If a girl is playing in a hitting league with guys she should be treated the same as anyone else. She shouldn't be targeted more, she shouldn't be targeted less.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Sometimes you just gotta put them in their place ya know?

Koivu84*

Everyones fair game, but don't hit girls harder because you can

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Doesn't seem like it.

And society has it so hitting girls is wrong, so guys, on the ice still have that same principle an don't want to hit a girl.

And there are some idiots who go out of their way to hit em because they are in a situation where it's allowed.

I believe, once you put the helmet on gender disappears. I hope the girls I have skated with feel the same.

rban*

Everyones fair game, but don't hit girls harder because you can

COMPLETE BS advice! Sorry for being so blunt, but 'all's fair in love and hockey'.

In the NHL playoffs, when a player is known to be playing with a bad shoulder, the team often hides the injury cuz players will HIT THAT SHOULDER MORE if they know about it!

If I see a girl on the opposing team, I'll hit her more because she is a girl and perhaps more susceptible. Makes a point when you drill an opposing player on the other team... puts the fear pd god into everyone.

If women want ot be treated like equals, they have to take their lumps... if not they can go back to the kitchen

That's why I hate feminism, it seems like women these days want it both ways: they want everyone to treat them as 'equals'. all the while getting special privileges galore.

That doesnt just apply to hockey either.

rban*

And there are some idiots who go out of their way to hit em because they are in a situation where it's allowed.

I believe, once you put the helmet on gender disappears. I hope the girls I have skated with feel the same.

Not idiots at all. See my earlier post, 'all's fair in love and hockey'. If women cant handle being hit and targeted, they shouldnt play hockey.

Not to mention that in many cases, a better qualified male player was unfairly left out just to let the girl play... administrators terrified that the girl may sue or wihine the dreaded two words 'sexual discrimination'.

rban*

I
In the case of the original poster, I would hope the reaction of your team would be the same regardless of the gender. It sounds like your player was on the receiving end of a DIRTY hit. It doesn't matter if your player is a boy or a girl. The other player. That easily could have been a boy on your team and I hope the Captain's response would be the same.

It wouldnt have been the same reaction, there's a double standard.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Not idiots at all. See my earlier post, 'all's fair in love and hockey'. If women cant handle being hit and targeted, they shouldnt play hockey.

Not to mention that in many cases, a better qualified male player was unfairly left out just to let the girl play... administrators terrified that the girl may sue or wihine the dreaded two words 'sexual discrimination'.

Wrong, there are guys who tool on girls in hockey games just to tool on someone they know is smaller and weaker and someone who probably won't kick their butt for doing so.

The post you mention. You should have left out girls and used the term someone smaller than you.

Last edited:

bit82

Jul 12, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
In a tournament game this kid elbowed one of our girls in the face and crunched her into the boards hurting her. Our captain went over and beat the **** out of him. Our whole team was pissed. And she was crying and everything. He called her a wuss. And one of my teammates tried to ring him by the neck on the ice.

My question is. I know they sign up for hockey. But should guys take it easy? Im not saying guys are stronger or are better or anything. Im just saying cause my whole team and most of my league takes offence to that kind of thing and we just dont hit the girls. We might rub them out.

But yeah, any opinions?
If she is playing with guys, she is fair game. I used to have the philosophy to take it easy on girls until one cheap shoted me in a soccer game when I was 12. Since then, I have treated them like any other player.

frito

Jan 27, 2007
Cincinnati
COMPLETE BS advice! Sorry for being so blunt, but 'all's fair in love and hockey'.

In the NHL playoffs, when a player is known to be playing with a bad shoulder, the team often hides the injury cuz players will HIT THAT SHOULDER MORE if they know about it!

If I see a girl on the opposing team, I'll hit her more because she is a girl and perhaps more susceptible. Makes a point when you drill an opposing player on the other team... puts the fear pd god into everyone.

If women want ot be treated like equals, they have to take their lumps
... if not they can go back to the kitchen

That's why I hate feminism, it seems like women these days want it both ways: they want everyone to treat them as 'equals'. all the while getting special privileges galore.

That doesnt just apply to hockey either.

You are contriticting yourself here. First you say you will hit a girl more to send a message then you go on to say talk about treating them as equals. You sir are the one setting the double standard. I hate to say it but you sound like guy with short man's sindrome (no offense to anybody height impaired).

I coach my daughter on peewee team. I fully expect her to be able to check and be checked along with any other player on the team. If she gets rocked in center ice because she is skating with her head down I don't get upset, I ask her what she did wrong - "I shoudln't skate through center ice with my ehad down". I have the same conversation with any player on the team.

When playing other teams, I expect them to play her the same as any other player on the team, no harder - no softer. Just play against her as another competetor. I think if you ask any femaile player, you will get the same answer over 95% of the time.

rban*

You are contriticting yourself here. First you say you will hit a girl more to send a message then you go on to say talk about treating them as equals. You sir are the one setting the double standard. I hate to say it but you sound like guy with short man's sindrome (no offense to anybody height impaired).

Xcept that I'm 6 foot 1. Please focus on the argument rather than speculating on my height. MODS: please inform this gentleman that personal attacks are not permitted on this forum, whether based on height, gender, race, or other physical attribute.

AND: you have offended anyone who does happen to be short and male, because you implied that those people are more prone to hitting girls than taller men.

So why do you think we have to be 'fair' to girls, when you yourself are being unfair to shorter men? Can you spell H=Y=P=O=C-R-I-S-Y? Hopefully better than you spell 'syndrome'.

I am not 'contradicting' myself (that's how u spell it, BTW). I WILL and DID hit girls more because they are easier targets ... I will hit anyone more if I consider them weaker and easier targets. In the NHL playoffs, if a player has a weak shoulder, others will hammer him more on that shoulder.

In hockey, it's ok to try to get an edge by hitting weaker targets. Hitting anyone on the opposing team demoralizes the team as a whole, it's an acceptable tactic. No reason to change that tactic just because the weaker target is a female!

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Xcept that I'm 6 foot 1. Please focus on the argument rather than speculating on my height. MODS: please inform this gentleman that personal attacks are not permitted on this forum, whether based on height, gender, race, or other physical attribute.

AND: you have offended anyone who does happen to be short and male, because you implied that those people are more prone to hitting girls than taller men.

So why do you think we have to be 'fair' to girls, when you yourself are being unfair to shorter men? Can you spell H=Y=P=O=C-R-I-S-Y? Hopefully better than you spell 'syndrome'.

I am not 'contradicting' myself (that's how u spell it, BTW). I WILL and DID hit girls more because they are easier targets ... I will hit anyone more if I consider them weaker and easier targets. In the NHL playoffs, if a player has a weak shoulder, others will hammer him more on that shoulder.

In hockey, it's ok to try to get an edge by hitting weaker targets. Hitting anyone on the opposing team demoralizes the team as a whole, it's an acceptable tactic. No reason to change that tactic just because the weaker target is a female!

You can argue all you want but he's got you.

rban said:
If I see a girl on the opposing team, I'll hit her more because she is a girl and perhaps more susceptible.

So by checking girls more often then boys, you aren't treating them as equals and saying that perhaps they are more susceptible. Implies you believe they are weaker.

rban said:
If women want ot be treated like equals, they have to take their lumps... if not they can go back to the kitchen

Right or wrong. After that comment you lose your right to argue the point. The last part especially because it implies that you feel a womans place in is the kitchen.

The point you are trying to make is the right one (ie girls, boys...it doesn't matter), you just aren't making it very well.

Word to the wise. I wouldn't be complaining to the mods if I were you.

Last edited:

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005

Apparently Internet access has finally reached the Stone Age. Those time-travelling scientists will stop at nothing to make sure that every caveman, cavewoman and cavechild has the ability to surf the web.

rban*

You can argue all you want but he's got you.

He's got me, has he? Too bad you cannot present any evidence to that effect.

So by checking girls more often then boys, you aren't treating them as equals and saying that perhaps they are more susceptible. Implies you believe they are weaker.

NO, it implies that I will hit anyone whom I perceive to be weaker more.. and it is my right to hit anyone I perceive to be weaker.

Right or wrong. After that comment you lose your right to argue the point. The last part especially because it implies that you feel a womans place in is the kitchen.

Word to the wise. I wouldn't be complaining to the mods if I were you.

Ugh, I lose my right to argue the point because I allegedly stereotype a group, but he doesnt lose his right to argue points..even tho he stereotypes a particular group? LOL, you are a very, very logical guy .. you have a tremendous sense of fairness and equality :shakehead

BTW my statement implies that women who play hockey and complain about getting hit should go 'back to the kitchen', not 'all women' ... not that I would expect an illogical person driven by emotion ...to be able to appreciate such distinctions.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Ugh, I lose my right to argue the point because I allegedly stereotype a group, but he doesnt lose his right to argue points..even tho he stereotypes a particular group? LOL, you are a very, very logical guy .. you have a tremendous sense of fairness and equality :shakehead

BTW my statement implies that women who play hockey and complain about getting hit should go 'back to the kitchen', not 'all women' ... not that I would expect an illogical person driven by emotion ...to be able to appreciate such distinctions.

But you aren't making that distinction. Why don't you just say, I take advantage of my size and I don't concern myself with gender when I am on the ice...

I'll hit her more because she is a girl and perhaps more susceptible

Instead of saying they can go back to the kitchen. You could say they can go back to the girls team...

The way you phrase these things comes off completely wrong.

We'reGonnaWin*

In rban's world, a 5'10" female deserves to get hit more than a 5'10" male.

That's just how rban rolls. It's an rban world, we just live in it.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
If it's a checking league than it's a ****ing checking league.

Don't know why this topic took 11 pages when I sumed up the correct answer in 11 words.

rban*

In rban's world, a 5'10" female deserves to get hit more than a 5'10" male.

That's just how rban rolls. It's an rban world, we just live in it.

In rban's world, rban gets to decide who he wants to hit.. and rban doesnt get criticized by anyone if he decides to slam the female instead of the male. It's his decision, it's his judgement call.

Rban's world is a very logical world, with little tolerance for hysterical, illogical, overly emotional feminists or politically-correct zombies. Very different from current-day Canada.

If Rban's world were the real world, lots of people other than Louis Armstrong would be crooning 'What a wonderful world'.

rban*

Apparently Internet access has finally reached the Stone Age. Those time-travelling scientists will stop at nothing to make sure that every caveman, cavewoman and cavechild has the ability to surf the web.

I know, calling people you disagree with names is a great way to make your point and convince people. Call rban a caveman, speculate (falsely) about what rban looks like, launch personal attacks... that's a great way to win your argument and show people how rational you are!:shakehead

rban*

But you aren't making that distinction. Why don't you just say, I take advantage of my size and I don't concern myself with gender when I am on the ice...

Instead of saying they can go back to the kitchen. You could say they can go back to the girls team...

The way you phrase these things comes off completely wrong.

Lots of things are wrong. The guy who implied that all short men have attitudes similar to mine was also wrong ... but who's complaining about the way he phrases things?

Why do you only pick out and criticize one wrong item, while allowing the other 'wrong item to go unscathed?

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
I know, calling people you disagree with names is a great way to make your point and convince people. Call rban a caveman, speculate (falsely) about what rban looks like, launch personal attacks... that's a great way to win your argument and show people how rational you are!:shakehead

Weird. I didn't even mention you or your appearance, I didn't call you any names, and yet, you're wildly speculating again. This seems to be a consistently-recurring theme with you.

And I have no idea what cavepeople look like, so how in the world could I be speculating what they look like? For that matter, unless you were there, how could you speculate on what they look like? Unless...nah, you'd just say that I was calling you names again.

Dude, if you say that women need to get back in the kitchen, expect to get some flak for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad