History event, you want to be filmed

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
A Skanderbeg biopic is long overdue. The guy was beyond a legend.

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
the real story of islam. where muhammad and his army killed, raped and did genocide on jews. the hadith is the source of all this, which is a book about muhammeds life. the hadith is togeheter with quran the 2 most important scripts in islam.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
the real story of islam. where muhammad and his army killed, raped and did genocide on jews. the hadith is the source of all this, which is a book about muhammeds life. the hadith is togeheter with quran the 2 most important scripts in islam.

That would be very controversial story. You can only imagine the buzz around the Islamic world.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
the real story of christianity. where the crusading armies killed, raped and did genocide on pretty much anyone they encountered.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
the real story of christianity. where the crusading armies killed, raped and did genocide on pretty much anyone they encountered.

there is already movies about this. but not a single movie about islams violent past. but yes the history of christianity is more violent than islam.

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
there is already movies about this. but not a single movie about islams violent past. but yes the history of christianity is more violent than islam.

If you want to play dick measuring here why not just make a movie of the Mongols who massacred everyone except into Western/Central Europe because the great Khan's kept dying before they could get around to it. Doing a quick look up the Crusades caused an estimated 1-9 million deaths, though I'm imagine much of that toll were Europeans as the armies made their way to the Middle East. Meanwhile on the other side of the world Ghengis Khan caused an estimated 40 million deaths, which would have been about 10% of the world population. The Muslim's could actually fight the European Crusaders, but the mongols just crushed them annihilating entire Eastern Muslim empires - and probably making life for the Crusaders a good bit easier.

Eye of Ra

Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If you want to play dick measuring here why not just make a movie of the Mongols who massacred everyone except into Western/Central Europe because the great Khan's kept dying before they could get around to it. Doing a quick look up the Crusades caused an estimated 1-9 million deaths, though I'm imagine much of that toll were Europeans as the armies made their way to the Middle East. Meanwhile on the other side of the world Ghengis Khan caused an estimated 40 million deaths, which would have been about 10% of the world population. The Muslim's could actually fight the European Crusaders, but the mongols just crushed them annihilating entire Eastern Muslim empires - and probably making life for the Crusaders a good bit easier.

its not about dick mesuring, its about the fact that there is zero critics or movies about the violent history of islam. ottoman empire for exemple was a violent islamic empire.

the violent history of the mongols is well known.

Last edited:

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I'm in the process of finishing the Teddy Roosevelt trilogy by Edmund Morris(RIP) and has there been a decent biopic done about him? His life is fascinating. Though maybe that would be better for a series. For a specific event, The Venezuelan Crisis in 1902-1903 could be a neat focus. A movie about the Panama Canal could be great as well.

Reactions: Richard

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
A movie about Ceasar would be good. I know that there has been numerous movies with him in it but not really him as a main caracter and following his entire lifespan from young man and consul to war hero ,emperor and overthrowing the Senate.

vaspa

Sep 29, 2011
Helsinki
A series about Prohibition in the United States.

This is somehow fascinating history moment. One movie couldn't tell all the stories behind this. It must be done with at least 20 episodes long television adaptation.
Boardwalk Empire is based on the era, which I too find very compelling. Runs for about 50 episodes, too. And there is a fantastic documentary by Ken Burns simply called 'Prohibition' on Netflix, check it out if you haven't already seen it.

Once upon a time in America also features lengthy sections on prohibition times.

I'd love to see a long, sprawling top quality HBO series based on the 1917 revolution and ensuing civil war in Russia.

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
A series about Prohibition in the United States.

This is somehow fascinating history moment. One movie couldn't tell all the stories behind this. It must be done with at least 20 episodes long television adaptation.

Not to open a politic discussion but it makes an interesting contrast to today as in when the rural America held the population majority (I believe?) they quite literally legislated their morality on urban America.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
its not about dick mesuring, its about the fact that there is zero critics or movies about the violent history of islam. ottoman empire for exemple was a violent islamic empire.

the violent history of the mongols is well known.
Have you tried Muhteşem Yüzyil? I can't vouch for accuracy but not everything is depicted positively. Not a movie but a TV show, though.

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Based on what evidence?

The founder of Islam is literally a child rapist and murderer... I am an atheist so I don't have a dogmatic dog to pick in this fight but you cannot historically say that, not when one movement was literally founded on murder, rape, and slaughter...

Furthermore, the Crusades were essentially called by the Byzantines who were getting the shit kicked out of them (ironically, by the time the Western Crusaders arrived the Byzantines had reestablished the situation). And involved a solid 500 years of war between Muslims and Orthodox Christians.

Film a movie about Muslims invading any of the Buddist or Hundi Countries who literally did nothing to provoke such invasion to get a true flavor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad