Recalled/Assigned: Hirose & Lindstrom recalled

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Only if he is thought too have a career ending injury. Which is defined as having missed 60 consecutive games, even at that point an exemption can be sought from the NHL in order too be able too leave him exposed.

In other words, barring a massive surprise splash in free agency or trade. the 3 protected as of right now will probably be Hronek, Cholowski and Lindstrom

gotchya, wasn’t sure on the rule

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Why isn't this Lindstrom kid being talked about more? He's showing a smoothness, calmness, skill, and IQ that we expect from Seider.

Is it because he's not flashy? This kid has the "it" factor.

Its definitely because he isnt flashy. He definitely looks like he can be a solid NHL player. Even if its just a bottom pairing guy thats solid on the PK and make safe plays, that will be a big help.

It would be nice if he could be a top 4 shutdown guy. People wont like the comparison but if he could be like peak Ericsson just with it lasting a little longer it would be awesome for Detroit. Hes going to be an interesting guy to watch for sure, does a lot of subtle stuff really well but not flashy at all

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
One year ago it did look like that Lindström is a perfect partner for Cholowski. They have opposite weaknesses and strenghts. That hasn't changed. And it was almost same for McIsaac and Hronek. Those guys seems just build up together after time.

Then we got Seider, who should be better than any of these guys. I really like how our defence is building up.

Somewhere in the future:

XXX - Seider
McIsaac - Hronek
Cholowski - Lindström

Maybe all aren't there on the future days, but that's a good foundation to build for.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
One year ago it did look like that Lindström is a perfect partner for Cholowski. They have opposite weaknesses and strenghts. That hasn't changed. And it was almost same for McIsaac and Hronek. Those guys seems just build up together after time.

Then we got Seider, who should be better than any of these guys. I really like how our defence is building up.

Somewhere in the future:

XXX - Seider
McIsaac - Hronek
Cholowski - Lindström

Maybe all aren't there on the future days, but that's a good foundation to build for.

I agree, although I think mcisaac has more offensive potential than people give him credit for.

TheOctopusKid

Sep 24, 2010
I agree, although I think mcisaac has more offensive potential than people give him credit for.

I agree that I think McIsaac has a higher offensive ceiling - which isn't a bad thing at all. If Hronek can continue to develop his solid defensive play; it affords McIsaac the opportunity to roam. Although they both feel much more well rounded players than we give them credit for (not as weak offensively as we perceive them to be, not as stalwart on D, etc.). They are both solid, all-rounders: Hronek's game is a bit more mature and has a firmer understanding of the game, although McIsaac feels like a more naturally talented skater and shooter. If in 5 years we are looking at these two as our 2nd pairing - I would be very happy with that.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Taro and Smith sent down. Don’t really understand why taro is being sent down as he’s been one of our better forwards since the call up. One of the few guys who has good chemistry with AA

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Taro and Smith sent down. Don’t really understand why taro is being sent down as he’s been one of our better forwards since the call up. One of the few guys who has good chemistry with AA
GR has been good for his development, won't hurt him to spend a little more time there. This season is a total bust anyways.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

I’m hoping it’s just due to being rusty from injury but McIsaac has been pretty awful defensively this season, even in Junior.

He’s prone to some very bonehead plays.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He’s +22 in 14 Games for Moncton

I live in NB and have seen him play 9 times. He’s a plus 22 because Moncton has been 12-2 in those games, are one of the top teams in the league and have blown some teams out.

Most Moncton fans have been pretty disappointed in his play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad