Recalled/Assigned: Hirose & Lindstrom recalled

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Lmao did we ever have 1 scoring line?? At least now I might not turn the channel when line one gets off of the ice.

The passed few games we definitely haven’t had anything to do with a scoring line, but at least if we put all of our eggs in one basket, it makes the game interesting to watch for 1/3 of the game when they are playing. Now there are anchors on every single line

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
If he does, why does he only have 5 points in the AHL?
3ocw6n.jpg

Just messing, but it's because of the role he has been asked to play. Play smart, play defensive, no risky plays.

Reactions: lilidk and Snuggs

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
Alright I’m going to put my whiny fan hat on. Please bring up Seider. I’m tired of waiting. I want to see what this kid looks like in the show. He’s so fun to watch in GR. Should have been him instead of Lindstrom. I know he’s coming up before the end of the year, but I want it NOW! Lol okay hat off.

Reactions: Lil Bert

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
This season has been a disaster but the honeymoon phase with Stevie has not wore off and it won’t for awhile, I’m still genuinely excited at the possibilities we have

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Actually like of those lines.

- Helm is there with good offensive players to hopefully collect points. Could make raise his value for a trade deadline.
- Hirose - AA - Glendening, back to old form, which was quite productive at last season. If Athanasiou is the trade bait, this could also get him scoring again --> return his value.
- Bertuzzi thriwes in any line, could also get some life for those 2 veterans.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
This season has been a disaster but the honeymoon phase with Stevie has not wore off and it won’t for awhile, I’m still genuinely excited at the possibilities we have

Me too, he probably has 2-4 more years until people get really cranky. But there isn't much skill in the pipeline outside of potentially Ras and of course Seider.

And the wings ..... Lol outside of Larkin, Bert, Hronek, Mantha, and Fabbri lol. Though Glendening if utilized in a 4c shutdown role is good for his role as well.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Me too, he probably has 2-4 more years until people get really cranky. But there isn't much skill in the pipeline outside of potentially Ras and of course Seider.

And the wings ..... Lol outside of Larkin, Bert, Hronek, Mantha, and Fabbri lol. Though Glendening if utilized in a 4c shutdown role is good for his role as well.
I think fans start getting restless if the team sucks this bad and has extra salary cap space.

Once Nielsen's contract is over, then he really has no excuse. Abby's last year should probably be bought out.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Alright I’m going to put my whiny fan hat on. Please bring up Seider. I’m tired of waiting. I want to see what this kid looks like in the show. He’s so fun to watch in GR. Should have been him instead of Lindstrom. I know he’s coming up before the end of the year, but I want it NOW! Lol okay hat off.
Just not with Boston

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I'm liking this Lindstrom kid's poise. That play behind the net that Mikey Redmond pointed out where he so fluidly passed it to a teammate between two blue jackets... my goodness that was sweetness. I remember how Ericsson would give the puck away under no pressure, this kid is just so smooth and calm.

We might have a pretty solid bottom pairing dman on our hands

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Why isn't this Lindstrom kid being talked about more? He's showing a smoothness, calmness, skill, and IQ that we expect from Seider.

Is it because he's not flashy? This kid has the "it" factor.

He hasn't been bad, just bland. And I'm ok with that.

Projecting forward, I think he might make it as a depth defenseman. I'm thinking like Bob Rouse.

Reactions: Lil Bert

bearball

Sep 11, 2019
Milton Keynes, UK

Projecting forward, I think he might make it as a depth defenseman. I'm thinking like Bob Rouse.

I like my 4-6 guys too be bland, generally means that your heart isn't going too be in your throat whenever they touch the puck on the bad side of our blue line.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

He hasn't been bland, though. He's making some highly intelligent, important plays you would expect from the likes of Seider. His defensive awareness and skating agility have been nothing less than amazing.

To me, 4 games? in... he's already a more impressive player defensively than an aged Nick Jensen was at his peak in Detroit.

I hate to be "that guy" that sounds like I am overrating a player... but watch his play closely and you'll see what I am talking about. If Seider comes in and shows this kind of poise after 4 NHL games, I'd be ecstatic!

Reactions: ArmChairGM89

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
He hasn't been bland, though. He's making some highly intelligent, important plays you would expect from the likes of Seider. His defensive awareness and skating agility have been nothing less than amazing.

To me, 4 games? in... he's already a more impressive player defensively than an aged Nick Jensen was at his peak in Detroit.

I hate to be "that guy" that sounds like I am overrating a player... but watch his play closely and you'll see what I am talking about. If Seider comes in and shows this kind of poise after 4 NHL games, I'd be ecstatic!

I think by “bland” people mean that his great plays are not highlight real type stuff. It’s nice subtleties in the Dzone, solid passing, and getting shots through. All fantastic qualities, but nothing that jumps out at you like skating through people and a rocket shot.

having said that, I agree, he seems to be very good at the little things. So far. And it’s kind of what I expected.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Our right side seems to developing very well.

Hronek-Seider-Lindström for the near future. Hope we won't lose one in the expansion. Hope we lose Bowey and showcase him for a year.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I will say that Lindstrom looks night and day different from training camp. He looked slow and sloppy in pre season, and now he looks smooth and confident, despite playing with "Up the Middle Daley!"

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Our right side seems to developing very well.

Hronek-Seider-Lindström for the near future. Hope we won't lose one in the expansion. Hope we lose Bowey and showcase him for a year.
DDK could be left exposed, especially if his back injury is serious.

ArmChairGM89

Dec 10, 2019
DDK could be left exposed, especially if his back injury is serious.

well, if he’s injured during the draft, aren’t we forced to protect him? For those of you that want to leave him exposed, you better hope it’s not serious.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I will say that Lindstrom looks night and day different from training camp. He looked slow and sloppy in pre season, and now he looks smooth and confident, despite playing with "Up the Middle Daley!"

Niklas Kronwall, our secret agent mentoring defencemen there in Grand Rapids?

bearball

Sep 11, 2019
Milton Keynes, UK
well, if he’s injured during the draft, aren’t we forced to protect him? For those of you that want to leave him exposed, you better hope it’s not serious.

Only if he is thought too have a career ending injury. Which is defined as having missed 60 consecutive games, even at that point an exemption can be sought from the NHL in order too be able too leave him exposed.

In other words, barring a massive surprise splash in free agency or trade. the 3 protected as of right now will probably be Hronek, Cholowski and Lindstrom

Reactions: Gniwder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->