Post-Game Talk: Hire a PP "Consultant"

JCrusher*

Apr 16, 2012
I'm the last one to call out players but he was horrific tonight. Every time he got the puck he flubbed it or would be off and about and not involved. It's was blatant.
Im amazed anyone would defend stepan. First off he had plenty of chances tongiht. He had a clear breakaway but unfortunetly he is a bad/slow skater. he also mishandled 4 or 5 great passes near the nets including onw that resulted in a goal

HAPPY HOUR

Apr 29, 2005
New York
This. Game.SUUUUUUUUUCKED!!

Looking to the Torts presser for a bit of jam.

The big bodies look slow. The speed guys get knocked off the puck. No Initiation. Puck chasing till exhaustion so that when they get the puck they are spent.

This team looked amateur tonight.

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
Brutal effort tonight, thats right, EFFORT. They better get their **** together soon because of this shortened season.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
PP has been or ruble for most of Torts' tenure here. He somehow escapes accountability for that. Asking Slats to get Brashear, and the marching line of clowns like Rupp and Asham and there is no accountability. Maybe we will miss the playoffs, Columbus will get a killer draft pick, Tortorella will get canned and somebody that can maximize instead of minimize the abilities of the skilled players will come along.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
This. Game.SUUUUUUUUUCKED!!

Looking to the Torts presser for a bit of jam.

Don't waste your time, I don't think you're going to get much color out of Torts tonight. It's going to be one of those 30 second pressers where the media is too afraid to press him AKA do their jobs.

"Coach, can you talk about the power play?"
"We sucked."

"What about the too many men penalties?"
"We need to get our heads out of our assess, too much dumbness"

(PR guy in the background)
"Anyone else?"

Torts
"Thanks guys"

GFiP*

I feel like there is way too much focus on how bad the power play is. The offense as a WHOLE has been dreadful. If the offense sucks, the power play is going to suck.

HAPPY HOUR

Apr 29, 2005
New York
Don't waste your time, I don't think you're going to get much color out of Torts tonight. It's going to be one of those 30 second pressers where the media is too afraid to press him AKA do their jobs.

"Coach, can you talk about the power play?"
"We sucked."

"What about the too many men penalties?"
"We need to get our heads out of our assess, too much dumbness"

(PR guy in the background)
"Anyone else?"

Torts
"Thanks guys"

Yup..lol. And that will be more "jam" then I saw tonite.. From the drop of the puck.

Nuthin.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
To the OP, could you please refrain from posting the score in the thread title? At least until tomorrow. Good grief.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I feel like there is way too much focus on how bad the power play is. The offense as a WHOLE has been dreadful. If the offense sucks, the power play is going to suck.

No excuse with our firepower.

Separate the big three at even strength with Callahan injured, play them together on the power play with Del Zotto and Stralman.

#ArmChairCoaching

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
PP has been or ruble for most of Torts' tenure here. He somehow escapes accountability for that. Asking Slats to get Brashear, and the marching line of clowns like Rupp and Asham and there is no accountability. Maybe we will miss the playoffs, Columbus will get a killer draft pick, Tortorella will get canned and somebody that can maximize instead of minimize the abilities of the skilled players will come along.

If you don't think Torts maximized the abilities of every player last year, I don't know what to say. Gaborik, a "skilled player" has thrived here under Torts. 100+ goals, 41 last year, over a ppg so far in this crappy little start. Richards had 60+ points last year, has 6 in 7 games this year. Nash has 6 points in 7 games. MDZ, another "skilled player" had a huge offensive year last year, more than 40 points, and has 6 in 7 again this year.

Where does this myth come from?

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
They sure do show the Penguins an awful lot of undeserved respect.
Every time they play them.

Fearing them to the point of emasculating yourself as a team is ridiculous.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I'm sorry but I just dont think Torts is the right guy for this team, and I didn't think so last year either. I don't believe its a talent problem. We have brought in how many guys the last few years and the same result, we can't score goals. Its not a personnel problem. its the stupid dump and chase ********. Then God forbid some young guy comes in or up and makes a mistake, he'll see the bench for the rest of the game. His circle of trust is very small. How can anyone feel they have the confidence of their coach? That's very bad.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
To the OP, could you please refrain from posting the score in the thread title? At least until tomorrow. Good grief.

Okay, edited, but why the hell would you come to HF the night of a game if you haven't watched the game yet?

:dunno:

Like the people who complain about spoilers in the Entertainment section when they venture into a thread when they know people will be talking about the episode that just aired.

I don't get it, but to each their own.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
there are going to be down games in the season, especially about losing Callahan. Either some need to pick it up or someone has to come in while cally is out who can play with spirit cally did. Officiating was bad, but the rangers were not good enough, just did not establish a flow at all and way too many penalties. I do not blame coaching staff at all, this shortened season I will never blame the coaches, not enough time to get the amount of practice and training camp needed to perform at optimum level, I hope they can find the level soon, before it is too late! I believe in these new York rangers!!!

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

again, the offense was just fine when we were not playing the dumb and chase hockey.

jaywills1020

Mar 14, 2004
ill be the PP consultant. MOVE AROUND AND DONT STAND STILL!!!! i cant believe that PROFESSIONAL players have to be told to move around. could they make it any easier to defend?

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
There are so many issues with the PP.

Can't win faceoff
Can't enter zone after losing faceoff
If they do, chip the puck back and forth around the net until they turn it over
If they get it to the point, can't get a shot through
If they do, noone in front of the net, PK clears

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
wait... you mean we couldnt beat the pens with a first line and 3 fourth lines ?? :laugh:

this team, right now, is not very good. look at the lineup tonight. pretty bad.

this team needs an injection of speed. we are too slow.

the pp continues to gag

and even hank is giving up 1 stinker per night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad