Post-Game Talk: Hire a PP "Consultant"

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I guess if we make the playoffs, we just have to hope someone beats Pittsburgh again, because we sure the **** cant!

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
We have a solid D, great goaltending, and a great 1st line. But that bottom 9, even with a healthy Callahan, is a massive problem.

Disagree... I think the 2nd line would be fine IF it had one of Nash/Gaborik on it, seriously mind boggling why Torts would continue to overload the top line when this team is so weak offensively. Just makes us that much more predictable and easier to shut down.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We came into this season relying way too much on a bunch of kids that overachieved last year for secondary scoring

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
We have enough offense. Its the ****ing system.

Why do you think it doesn't matter WHO we bring in here, we can't score goals? its not rocket science.

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Before anyone takes this the wrong way, I'm not blaming the refs. However, the OFFICIALS were just plain AWFUL. Do linesmen even know when to call icing? Do they know what offsides is? Do they know how to just drop the ******* puck? I'm not blaming them, but when they don't seem to know the rules and they're blowing whistles when they shouldn't and not blowing whisltles when they should makes the game very difficult to watch.

This team does not have a talent problem. They have a system problem. And it is far past the time to can Torts. Have to get someone in here that will allow the talent to show itself, rather than having the talent play a system that restricts their ability to play offense. The lack of forecheck and puck pursuit in the name of blocking shots is KILLING these guys.

That being said, Pittsburgh didn't exactly dominate the game and the scoreline is a bit generous. Neal scored a really nice goal, but the other two were pretty damn lucky goals, one being Hank misplaying an angle and the other being a lucky break (right place right time).

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Disagree... I think the 2nd line would be fine IF it had one of Nash/Gaborik on it, seriously mind boggling why Torts would continue to overload the top line when this team is so weak offensively. Just makes us that much more predictable and easier to shut down.

What else is Torts supposed to do? Stepan is black hole thats killing every line hes on right now. Putting Nash or Gaborik anywher near him is not a solution.

Maaxse

Aug 23, 2011
Montreal
We scored 4 against Boston and 5 against Toronto. We can score, tonight we couldn't. The Pens are just a bad match for us.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
What else is Torts supposed to do? Stepan is black hole thats killing every line hes on right now. Putting Nash or Gaborik anywher near him is not a solution.

the funny thing is Gaborik and Stepan worked well together last year on the Gas line for a while.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I'm sick and tired of ****ing dump and chase. But no one ever chases the damn puck anyway. They need to stop With the defensive brainfarts too. 2 breakaways for ****sburgh. Unacceptable. Stepan needs to play like the 2C that he can be, and needs to hold onto the puck. Kid probably had 5 giveaways tonight. Split up Nash and Gabby because our depth beyond those two and Richards sucks right now. Gilroy didn't look that bad.

We need some competent bottom 6 forwards. Halpern, Asham, Rupp, Bickel, and offensively, Boyle, are 4th line/healthy scratch material. Ferry-O seems like a good fit so far. Pyatt is a good third liner, but shouldn't be playing in the top 6.

When can Kreider come back? Not saying that he's the savior, but we can use all the depth we can get. Maybe he'll play better than before he re-injured himself. At least it's some speed into our painfully slow bottom 6.

Really scared for Tampa on Saturday. Their offense is on fire and our defense today made some serious mistakes.

ImIdaho

Choo-Choo-Choose me!
Mar 21, 2012
Either way,if this continues for a long time, Sullivan better be fired.

I'll believe that when pigs fly.

maxwell_1.jpg

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
We scored 4 against Boston and 5 against Toronto. We can score, tonight we couldn't. The Pens are just a bad match for us.

and you know what the difference was? The ice opened up. the D joined the rush. there wasn't a whole ****ing game of the stupid ass dumb, chase, forecheck, ********.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Every ****ing game we play this team we get blown the **** out, I'm so ****ing tired of it. I thought this game would be close for a while. But as I left the bar that was showing the game I called a 3-0, 4-0 loss. And here it was. They couldn't even lose 1 or 2-0. They have to get blown out again. Every time the Rangers play them they get embarrassed. No matter how poorly they play the Rangers get blown out by them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad