Post-Game Talk: Hilarity ensues in Florida. Huge loss.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
9 to 5
Yeah, they got you where they want you
There's a better life
And you dream about it, don't you?

1679020128707.jpeg

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
No it wasn't. This season is far more frustrating IMO. We spent a good portion of this season 3 places ahead of where our play indicated we should be and now we can't gain back that lost ground. We can claim to take solace in some of our kid's performances but the reality is they got over used and beat up.
In terms of I wish we drafted Bedard instead of Slafkovsky, sure this sucks.

In terms of how much of a shit show it is overall, this year is miracle. Don't you remember the Ducharme garbage?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Man, really don't understand MSL switching out Montembeault for Allen. Just a terrible decision. I mean he left Allen in for 6 goals versus Colorado, but pulls Monty at 3?

Then Allen goes and let's in another 6. Lmao Damn, he's back to being what he was a year ago: terrible!

Guhle needs to put on weight & get stronger. He's a little light still.

Montreal has given up 22 goals in 3 games against these assholes, and haven't lost by fewer than 4 goals. Still one game left.

I said this one could be bad .....

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
We've got nothing for that team. They can and are trolling us this season. I guess they didn't like that 10-2 final game last season Maybe some trash got talked at the time but they have had a chip and have gone after Guhle every game this season.

That's the kind of game where Gallagher used to shine and it would also rub on his teammates.

Reactions: CharleyHorse

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
In terms of I wish we drafted Bedard instead of Slafkovsky, sure this sucks.

In terms of how much of a shit show it is overall, this year is miracle. Don't you remember the Ducharme garbage?
Oh I do. I just think we jumped the gun a little bit. This was my fold-em year far more than last draft for multiple reasons.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Man, really don't understand MSL switching out Montembeault for Allen. Just a terrible decision. I mean he left Allen in for 6 goals versus Colorado, but pulls Monty at 3?

Then Allen goes and let's in another 6. Lmao Damn, he's back to being what he was a year ago: terrible!

Guhle needs to put on weight & get stronger. He's a little light still.

Montreal has given up 22 goals in 3 games against these assholes, and haven't lost by fewer than 4 goals. Still one game left.

I said this one could be bad .....
Yeah he needs to beef up all over while maintaining his skating or he's going to have to change his style of defending. More rubbing players off the puck and moving it the other way. I remember a certain Bobby Orr who was a master at that. In truth it's far better defending than constantly getting wrecked in pile ups.

Reactions: Runner77

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Oh I do. I just think we jumped the gun a little bit. This was my fold-em year far more than last draft for multiple reasons.
We sucked for 30 years, overall, but this is the first year of our first real rebuild. Give it time. Minimum another 2 years.

I honestly cannot believe this team scores any goals. Look at the f***ing roster.

My god.
Pezzetta, Richard and Pitlick should all be in the AHL yet they all scored tonight.

The gongest of gong shows.

Last edited:

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Much depends on what HuGo end up doing with our redundant parts. We are certainly lacking robust wingers who can play hockey.
It's been so long since we had a regular lineup of big wingers with some snarl that most fans won't even remember it!!! You'd have to go back to the mid 90's, which is getting to be quite a ways in the ole rearview.

We sucked for 30 years, overall, but this is the first year of our first real rebuild. Give it time. Minimum another 2 years.

Pezzetta, Richard and Pitlick should all be in the AH' yet they all scored tonight.

The gongest of gong shows.
I don't know why, but this line made me laugh for about 5 minutes. Sums up the Habs fans frustrations pretty accurately haha, well done!

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's been so long since we had a regular lineup of big wingers with some snarl that most fans won't even remember it!!! You'd have to go back to the mid 90's, which is getting to be quite a ways in the ole rearview.

I don't know why, but this line made me laugh for about 5 minutes. Sums up the Habs fans frustrations pretty accurately haha, well done!
The jury is still out for me on whether it's gongest or gongiest. :laugh:

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So… been thinking. Eventually Habs will have to start thinking about playoffs again. When do we draft a goalie? Is there another Carey Price somewhere in the draft?

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
So many goals the hi lite guys are trying to pick the top 10 and call it a day. :snide:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So… been thinking. Eventually Habs will have to start thinking about playoffs again. When do we draft a goalie? Is there another Carey Price somewhere in the draft?
Not a Price but there are some good ones in this draft, as you'll see from this exchange:

Are there goalies worth of mention late 1st/early 2nd ? For some reasons, if we acquire another pick in that range, wouldn't mind taking a guess at one, I honestly don't believe that much in Primeau, Dobes is promising but having another 'top' goalie in the fray wouldn't hurt... is Michael Hrabal any good ?

Yes, Hrabal is very good.

Hrabal, Bjarnason and Fowler are the top 3.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad