McKenzie: Highly sought after Quinnipiac defender Chase Priskie will not sign w/ Caps; will become UFA Aug. 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Fox has never played in the NHL or AHL. I wouldn't say he's penciled in. Even so, if Priskie looks good, having an extra asset is a good position to be in.

I know Fox hasn't played pro, but you'd think Priskie and/or his agent will have done their homework. Since he has to sign a 2 way deal, nobody's going to be able to guarantee a roster spot but they probably have an idea of which teams have realistic openings. I wouldn't be surprised if the Rangers kicked the tires, but I'm just saying that might be a hard sell to Priskie.

Reactions: egelband

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Priskie would probably be the #1 RHD prospect for almost half of the teams in NHL.

Certainly: ANA, CAR, CBJ, FLA, MIN, STL, TB, WAS
Maybe: BOS, BUF, DAL, LAK, PIT, SJ, VGK

(did pretty quick back-of-the-envelope tally, apologies if I missed one)

Last edited:
Reactions: qqaz

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Priskie would probably be the #1 Def prospect for almost half of the teams in NHL.

Priskie was our #3 or #4D prospect before he walked, depending on if someone considered Siegenthaler a prospect or not. He was very clearly behind Alexander Alexeyev and Martin Fehevary. Some would likely also make a case for Lucas Johansen over him as well.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Wait how is Priskie ahead of Schuldt, who was one of the 3 Hobey Baker finalists along with Fox and Makar?

And even then I'm not sure Schuldt is ahead of Hague.

he will go in NYR because NY is such an "amazing city"

Seems like they all know they can sing in NY and just ignore to sign with the team that drafted them. An other Loophole that NYR gonna enjoy! yes, so fun!

Clearly the league needs to correct this in the next CBA

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
If this kid wants to play in the NHL this season, he could probably do no better than to sign with LA. They have three spots open on their blue line--three!--and the defensemen vying for those spots are not good or very promising. Priskie would be pretty much assuring himself a top-4 role in the NHL this season.

Favin

Jun 24, 2015
Toronto
Priskie was our #3 or #4D prospect before he walked, depending on if someone considered Siegenthaler a prospect or not. He was very clearly behind Alexander Alexeyev and Martin Fehevary. Some would likely also make a case for Lucas Johansen over him as well.

Both those guys are LHD.

That's a big negative.

Yes, Ryan Merkley is better. Knew I'd miss one.

Wait how is Priskie ahead of Schuldt, who was one of the 3 Hobey Baker finalists along with Fox and Makar?

I see Priskie on par with Korczak, ahead of Whitecloud. Wasn't weighing him vs LHD (Hague, Shuldt)

Also, Priskie was Hobery Baker finalist as well (just in final 10, not final 3)

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Priskie would probably be the #1 Def prospect for almost half of the teams in NHL.

Uh no we have Ryan Merkley lol

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012

Not better than mahura, perunovich, Foote or Alexeev

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I see Priskie on par with Korczak, ahead of Whitecloud. Wasn't weighing him vs LHD (Hague, Shuldt)

Also, Priskie was Hobery Baker finalist as well (just in final 10, not final 3)

Maybe his college defense partner put in a good word and we'll see how Priskie stacks up against Whitecloud and Coghlan.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com

Clearly the league needs to correct this in the next CBA
exactly . its ridiculous a team can spend the very valuable asset of a draft pick then lose the guy without compensation

Reactions: Taro Tsujimoto

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

This is bold.

For CAR: do you consider Bean a prospect?
For TB: I like Foote over him
For BUF: I like Jokiharju
For LAK (biased here): I like Anderson, Durzi and Clague over him not to mention Bjornfot
For PITT: Joseph?
For SJ: Merkley
For VGK: I would put Schuldt over him

I know more about the kings prospects than other team's so there are likely others that could/should be listed for other teams.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Resident Leaf fan saying he would have little competition on the right side if he is as good as people are saying. Would be competing with Schmaltz.

Playing bottom pair with Dermott wouldnt be a bad place to be, and only no RHD's signed long term to compete against.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I'm always skeptical of these low drafted or undrafted players who go on to play college. More often than not they disappoint at the NHL level, if they even get there.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Both those guys are LHD.

You didn't specify LHD vs RHD in your post. You just said #1 D prospect.

He was the Caps' top right shooting prospect, but that's because basically all of the Caps D prospects are left shooting. AA has played both sides of the ice, including playing RD for Russia at the WJHC. Siege has also played spells at RD for the Capitals.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Its low risk for anybody

He's not even getting a 3 year deal. It's 2 years.

Also the play in the ECAC isnt that great, it is a weak conference.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Big difference. The only junior players that ever go back into a draft are not top grade players. A top level college player like a Hobey Baker winner can wait out the team that drafted him and have 20 teams courting him. How is that fair to junior players and how is it fair to teams like Carolina that aren't New York City or Chicago?
I’m a little ignorant when It comes to draft application or selection other than the actual draft being conducted. Do players apply to enter the draft or just at a certain time and age if you are play Junior, NCAA, etc. then you can be draft selected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad