High School goalie trolls his own team

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I don't know about other States but here in Massachusetts High School hockey is very competitive.

Minnesota High School Hockey is probably the most competitive in the country. Large parts of the state and schools close down for the State Tournament games and they get huge crowds at the Excel for those games. It's also super political because it's so popular.

I remember my sophmore year I was brought along with two other sophmore goalies to a pre-season tournament and we were told that "the two best goalies would make the Junior Varsity team." I faced three shots in a period and a half of work in a 12-1 drubbing of the worst team in the league (stopped all 3 shots) and was told on the bus home that I was cut down to the Junior Gold level. Played Junior Gold and led the team to a second place finish in the state tournament. Came back my Junior year got cut to JV, didn't complain, but didn't fit in because I didn't smoke pot, and like listening to Phish and Dave Matthews before games... Tried to stay out of all that stuff which made me an outsider among my teammates.
My senior year I decided to play Junior Gold with my friends instead of dealing with the idiots on the high school team. Meanwhile my brother had come up to high school level as a sophmore. They had one goalie transfer, and the other two got busted for pot and had to serve 3 game suspensions, leaving my brother as the only goalie besides me eligible to play for both the JV and Varsity teams. The head coach called me and told me that this would be my chance to prove I could play at the high school level and that I'd at lest play those first 3 JV games since a high school player can only play 4 periods of hockey in a 24 hour time. I told him to find a shooter tutor for those JV games, and that I didn't like pot so I wouldn't be a good fit on his team of stoners. Ok'd with my brother him being good with playing 4 periods a night those games, showed up at the games with a bunch of my teammates, sat behind the bench and heckled the coach everytime they gave up an empty net goal.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Minnesota High School Hockey is probably the most competitive in the country. Large parts of the state and schools close down for the State Tournament games and they get huge crowds at the Excel for those games. It's also super political because it's so popular.

I remember my sophmore year I was brought along with two other sophmore goalies to a pre-season tournament and we were told that "the two best goalies would make the Junior Varsity team." I faced three shots in a period and a half of work in a 12-1 drubbing of the worst team in the league (stopped all 3 shots) and was told on the bus home that I was cut down to the Junior Gold level. Played Junior Gold and led the team to a second place finish in the state tournament. Came back my Junior year got cut to JV, didn't complain, but didn't fit in because I didn't smoke pot, and like listening to Phish and Dave Matthews before games... Tried to stay out of all that stuff which made me an outsider among my teammates.
My senior year I decided to play Junior Gold with my friends instead of dealing with the idiots on the high school team. Meanwhile my brother had come up to high school level as a sophmore. They had one goalie transfer, and the other two got busted for pot and had to serve 3 game suspensions, leaving my brother as the only goalie besides me eligible to play for both the JV and Varsity teams. The head coach called me and told me that this would be my chance to prove I could play at the high school level and that I'd at lest play those first 3 JV games since a high school player can only play 4 periods of hockey in a 24 hour time. I told him to find a shooter tutor for those JV games, and that I didn't like pot so I wouldn't be a good fit on his team of stoners. Ok'd with my brother him being good with playing 4 periods a night those games, showed up at the games with a bunch of my teammates, sat behind the bench and heckled the coach everytime they gave up an empty net goal.

:yo: Good on you, you knew even if you shut out all those 4 periods, it wouldn't have meant jack **** to that idiot coach. Hilarious but predictable there was no promise of at least 1 game on varsity after the suspensions. And what kind of coach promotes the behavior of your teammates, a loser, that's who.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I think most of this shennanigans you guys pulled is no better than what you claim the coach was doing. Same with this brat in the video.

I loved to play. If anyone was giving me a chance, I'd jump to it. No ifs ands or buts about it. I can't think of a scenario where I would turn my back on the team and my teammates.
We've all hated coaches. Some just deal with it better than others.

If you love and respect the sport, you just decline the offer and move on with your life.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
He's joining the Marines? Oh he should fit right in. If I know one thing about the Marines, its that they're all selfish ****** who don't sacrifice for their team :sarcasm:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I think most of this shennanigans you guys pulled is no better than what you claim the coach was doing. Same with this brat in the video.

I loved to play. If anyone was giving me a chance, I'd jump to it. No ifs ands or buts about it. I can't think of a scenario where I would turn my back on the team and my teammates.
We've all hated coaches. Some just deal with it better than others.

If you love and respect the sport, you just decline the offer and move on with your life.

Well, if you feel the coach is disrespecting the game and your teammates, it's up to you. I wouldn't have bothered going back and heckling my coach. The last time I talked to him was the last time I saw him and that's the way I wanted it. Had he called me back because he needed me, I would have said no because I was playing in a new league where I was enjoying hockey more than I would have playing for him. I wasn't going to the pros, it was for personal enjoyment of the game. These coaches try to make high school bigger than it is. The only difference between high school and a men's league is the tryouts and that happens on day 1. After that, if all it is about is politics and making something bigger than the game, stick it up your ass.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
What a loser. I hope his teammates/classmates beat the **** out of him in the parking lot.

Really? A kid loses a ****ing highschool hockey game, and you advocate violence against him? That's far more stupid and immature than what the kid did. Get your priorities straight.

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary

ive heard this time and time again

i'd really want to check it out

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Well, if you feel the coach is disrespecting the game and your teammates, it's up to you. I wouldn't have bothered going back and heckling my coach. The last time I talked to him was the last time I saw him and that's the way I wanted it. Had he called me back because he needed me, I would have said no because I was playing in a new league where I was enjoying hockey more than I would have playing for him. I wasn't going to the pros, it was for personal enjoyment of the game. These coaches try to make high school bigger than it is. The only difference between high school and a men's league is the tryouts and that happens on day 1. After that, if all it is about is politics and making something bigger than the game, stick it up your ass.

I went through all of it. Cut from teams because my parents werent on the board, to sitting in college because certain seniors were favored because they were seniors. I had dumb coaches that said you were only supposed to clear the puck up the middle (true story). I love the game. I stopped because of injuries, not because I felt mistreated or sorry for myself.

It's an attitude. This kid will soon find out that pointing fingers and playing the victims doesnt get you ahead in life.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Allegedly the old man of this goalie has been kicked out of the association for berating his daughter's 10 year old coaches. So...good luck in life kid.

If that's true it's a real shock that this kid would act like such a clown. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I went through all of it. Cut from teams because my parents werent on the board, to sitting in college because certain seniors were favored because they were seniors. I had dumb coaches that said you were only supposed to clear the puck up the middle (true story). I love the game. I stopped because of injuries, not because I felt mistreated or sorry for myself.

It's an attitude. This kid will soon find out that pointing fingers and playing the victims doesnt get you ahead in life.

Agreed, by handling it the way he did, everybody is going to blame him whether he was right or wrong, and I definitely think he was wrong to be pissed, based on his known playing time and stats vs. the other guy. This guy should be kissing that coach's feet. A lot of us were better than him and still got **** on.

mkoivu9*

Minnesota High School Hockey is probably the most competitive in the country. Large parts of the state and schools close down for the State Tournament games and they get huge crowds at the Excel for those games.
Oh yes, by a large margin.

Last edited by a moderator:

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
A stern talking to. This right here folks sums up why there is such little respect for teachers/coaches in this country. We have to get to the bottom of everything and just make sure he knows it is wrong. Nah, no punishment, no need for that.

lol you don't even know why he flipped 'em off do you? way to jump to conclusions...

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Reddit:

UPDATE: Krause is suspended out of school for 10 days. The video poster is currently in In School Suspension for an undisclosed amount of time. Will keep updating.

------------

Suspending for uploading the video? Yikes....

:laugh: what a *********g joke of an school...

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Coaching beef or not he screwed over his team mates.

What ever happened to taking the high road? it was the last game of the year and probably his last game of competitive hockey and he acts like a a$$, and a spoiled brat.

Too many people are finding reasons for his behavior, bullying for example.

It doesn't sound like that was happening.

He acted like a spoiled brat and a punk and he'll always be remembered by his team makes as a petulant 2 year old.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Imagine me one scenario where you could justify what he did and I'll tell you he still did the wrong thing.

No matter his reasoning, he did the wrong thing.

Yeah he did the wrong thing but let's not overreact.. oh wait a minute he got a 10 day suspension and the guy who filmed the clip got suspended too :laugh:. Priceless, so ****ing hilarious :yo:.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Coaching beef or not he screwed over his team mates.

What ever happened to taking the high road? it was the last game of the year and probably his last game of competitive hockey and he acts like a a$$, and a spoiled brat.

Too many people are finding reasons for his behavior, bullying for example.

It doesn't sound like that was happening.

He acted like a spoiled brat and a punk and he'll always be remembered by his team makes as a petulant 2 year old.

Senior night, if you're gonna go out, go out big! :sarcasm:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Oh yes, by a large margin.

Some of the private school leagues in both Michigan and the Northeast have pretty loaded teams. They recruit like Shattucks. But for a whole state it isn't very close and Minnesota has a big edge. But something to keep in mind is private school hockey is what dominates a lot of states. Sure they have that too in Minnesota, but from what I understand is their public system makes it a different ball game. There isn't the pressure to suit up for your local school even as a megastar in other places, the kids in Michigan for instance basically create super teams by all going to the hockey power private schools.

Also another big factor is I feel like from hearing it they have a lot more defections to the lower level juniors or high travel AAA in the other big hockey states than Minnesota seems to suffer.

But to show the way Minnesota really jumps out in terms of high school hockey would be some of the national rankings.

http://www.ushsho.com/ushsrank.htm

You see they dominate the rankings, but there are several teams because they might be in different conferences that expand states that can be unranked. You will notice Shattuck's appears nowhere on this list also. It is still impressive to look at it and the big three M states still dominate high school hockey at that level in the US.

Michigan has made big strides by allowing consolidated teams in some cases. Taking two districts and combining or two school within the same district and allowing them one team. They did that because of the way the Private schools were abusing them in some of the state tournaments.

AbsolutelyNot

Nov 8, 2012
PA
Why would the kid that uploaded the video be suspended? Lol, classic overreaction. And we wonder why we live in such a soft society anymore.
As for the goalie, seems like a headcase, not surprising that hes heading into the service. Wouldnt be surprised to be reading about this kid in a negative light in a few years.

OpRedDawn*

saw somethin about it on the news but didn't catch the whole story

hilarious move though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad