High School goalie trolls his own team

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
5 classless Subbans out of 5 4 classless Yakupovs out of 5 only because he did not slide down to center ice while flipping the bird.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Might want to switch schools. Even if it's his senior year. I can't imagine how awkward it would be seeing all of your teammates again. Not like he seems like he gives two ***** about anyone besides himself.

If you read the backstory it sounds like at least one of his teammates was in on it. Thus how the puck ended up behind the net for him without a whistle and no opposing players around for the goalie to do this.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Totally immature.

It reminds me something I did when I was 8 (key phrase being "when I was 8"). I felt like the coach was short shifting me so on one of the line changes I just said "no I am not leaving the ice" and one of the coaches had to come out and carry me off the ice.

:laugh:

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
Totally immature.

It reminds me something I did when I was 8 (key phrase being "when I was 8"). I felt like the coach was short shifting me so on one of the line changes I just said "no I am not leaving the ice" and one of the coaches had to come out and carry me off the ice.

:laugh:

Ha, that's hilarious. I'm just picturing a coach having to get out there and run down an 8 year old on the ice. Ha ha.

Bkennedy*

If you read the article it says he asked his teammates if they minded beforehand.

StanGetz*

lol that's pretty hilarious, even if it makes him a dick

Excellent form on the salute, for sure.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Yea, I'd hesitate to jump to conclusions about the kid being a loser. First of all, it's high school hockey, so it isn't really that competitive (being the last game of the season, it may have been even more meaningless). Also, he may have been bullied by his team mates. Happens all the time in high school. Lastly, he may have gotten screwed over by the coach due to politics (again, happens all the time). For example, if the sophomore goalie's parents are family friend's with the coach, the kid will get the start as a "favor." All sorts of B.S. like this happens.

I'm not saying that what he did was right...I'm just saying it may have been more justified than it seems.

Uh, in MN, high school hockey is as competitive as it gets (not counting college). It's political and very, very serious.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Kids are mistreated in every level of hockey, every season. The kid is a loser for acting out on his frustrations in this way.

Don't like how you're being treated? Quit.

Worst advice possible.

Kid needs to learn how to take care of problems ethically and logically, but you don't just quit in life because things are not going your way.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Not an NHL topic. Moved.

Do not post videos of the kid flipping off his bench.

Last edited:

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
What an idiot. The video was funny, but the kid is still an idiot. I saw another article on this somewhere and a bunch of commenters were saying that the sophomore was starting over him due to a "favor" by the coach, but I think they were just speculating.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Some of the private school leagues in both Michigan and the Northeast have pretty loaded teams. They recruit like Shattucks. But for a whole state it isn't very close and Minnesota has a big edge. But something to keep in mind is private school hockey is what dominates a lot of states. Sure they have that too in Minnesota, but from what I understand is their public system makes it a different ball game. There isn't the pressure to suit up for your local school even as a megastar in other places, the kids in Michigan for instance basically create super teams by all going to the hockey power private schools.

Also another big factor is I feel like from hearing it they have a lot more defections to the lower level juniors or high travel AAA in the other big hockey states than Minnesota seems to suffer.

But to show the way Minnesota really jumps out in terms of high school hockey would be some of the national rankings.

http://www.ushsho.com/ushsrank.htm

You see they dominate the rankings, but there are several teams because they might be in different conferences that expand states that can be unranked. You will notice Shattuck's appears nowhere on this list also. It is still impressive to look at it and the big three M states still dominate high school hockey at that level in the US.

Michigan has made big strides by allowing consolidated teams in some cases. Taking two districts and combining or two school within the same district and allowing them one team. They did that because of the way the Private schools were abusing them in some of the state tournaments.

That's an interesting list there. I find it really interesting that some Arizona teams are on there. I played high school hockey in 2003 and 2004 in Arizona against some of those teams; needless to say I was not on one of those ranked teams and we pretty much got our ***** kicked by them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad