Proposal: High-End Winger to Islanders

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Toffoli for a 2nd and Bellows?? He can play both side, right hand shot. Would be 2nd line RW and let Bailey or Beau rotate top 6 minutes. Pushes Komarov down to the 4th line or press box

The consensus is...most Isles fans like Taffoli. We'd definitely look into this for sure.

What are your thoughts on Carter? Would you also be open to trading him? What would you want in return for both Taffoli and Carter?

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
The consensus is...most Isles fans like Taffoli. We'd definitely look into this for sure.

What are your thoughts on Carter? Would you also be open to trading him? What would you want in return for both Taffoli and Carter?

Carter can be a throw in. he is starting to look better but he has very little value till he shows a glimmer of where he used to be.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
This is something I'd look into..entertain..maybe mull over, but I would not know where to put him. He's a good third liner..seems that if you give him more minutes, his production doesn't really work.

What I'm getting at is that we have far too many bottom 6ers - to the point where all of our bottom 6 could be injured and we have enough depth to fill them 2 times over.
He wouldn't look out of place on a second line, just don't expect him to be the best player on it. He's a good possession driver but has no finish and usually misses a good chunk of games each year. But not a bad pickup IMO, just depends if a team can absorb the cap and if the Jets would move him relatively cheaply.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
With what has been limited by OP.

I propose, Loui Eriksson and a 7th round pick for 7th round pick and two of your worst prospects you want to get rid of for contract spots.

Loui's salary is high end, and that is what you asked for, a high end winger that could play on your top two lines.

Loui might be invisible most nights, but that just because he plays a risk free, mistake free game.

Don't let the stats fool you, he is a consistent scorer that is just misused by the Canucks, and is now in the coach's dog house because he spoke up for himself and his career.

Take Loui, it is a steal. GM Lou will now have his player Lou.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
He wouldn't look out of place on a second line, just don't expect him to be the best player on it. He's a good possession driver but has no finish and usually misses a good chunk of games each year. But not a bad pickup IMO, just depends if a team can absorb the cap and if the Jets would move him relatively cheaply.

HockeyRef lists Perreault as a C, is that true? I know we are talking about higher-end wingers here but if Brassard doesn't start showing something in the 3C spot, could Perreault be a target?

I have no idea if Perreault is actually a Center or used defensively at all.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
HockeyRef lists Perreault as a C, is that true? I know we are talking about higher-end wingers here but if Brassard doesn't start showing something in the 3C spot, could Perreault be a target?

I have no idea if Perreault is actually a Center or used defensively at all.
He hasn't played center in years. He's said he prefers the wing.

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
He hasn't played center in years. He's said he prefers the wing.

Out of all the statistics they compile, it baffles me how they have player's positions listed incorrectly. (No disrespect to them I visit their sites every single day and love them)

Similar to Anders Lee, who has been listed as a Center for years!

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island

Always liked Carter but not a contract Isles want to take on....I think a deal around Toffoli and Lewis would be nice? Maybe Isles can sway Toffoli and Lewis for Clutterbuck, Bellows, 2020 2nd and 2021 3rd. Im not usually too good with these

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Tofolli for Bellows makes me cringe but is probably a good trade for both teams.

It just feels like...why bother? for the Isles. Wait and see what he becomes. I want to see us go after the Seguins, Radulovs and Voraceks of the world which might be open to trade.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Unfortunately, Lou's awful cap management has made taking on a slightly bad contract even impossible for us.

Yep, the way he threw money at Boychuk, Ladd and Clutterbuck; well, all little more than a clusterf***.

I know, I know... but Komarov, but Hickey, but now Lee and Varlamov.

I've always thought if we wanted a top line player, it would cost us Dobson. I was hoping for Dobson+ for Laine this offseason.

Apply for the position of GM.

Roughly 30 others out there will be all for you getting hired.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
The Islanders don't really know what they have yet in a lot of their younger guys, so I doubt we see a blockbuster trade from them.

Reactions: PWJunior and YP44

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'm just curious to see what a very good to elite winger will cost us. It's hard for us to land UFAs because they only see our arena which feels like in the middle of nowhere, so we end up having to acquire players via trade and in saying that....what would it take to do it.

ON the block or at least what we have to potential offer.

Salary Dumps - Ladd (5.5m), Clutterbuck, (3.3m) - These types of trades usually means we have to send a young prospect the other way.

IF NOT top 3, then best top 6 option available?

On the market: (FYI, we have a ton of D)

NHL

Leddy (D)
Cizikas (C) (Isles fans, don't go crazy!)
Mayfield (D)
Beauvellier (LW) - (We'd ideally not like to trade him because he is top 6, but if it brings the right player, sure)
MDC (LW)

AHL

Thomas Hickey - His stats are solid, but kinda small and we have a Dobson experiment going on, which is why he was sent down.

Prospects

Ho-Sang (RW)- For obvious reasons
Kieffer Bellows (LW) - For the right player, yes, we'd be interested. He is the prototypical power winger and probably needs another season or two under his belt before he is ready
Otto Koivula (C) - Soft hands for a big guy
Sebastien Aho (D) - Not really interested in dealing him, but he's not untouchable
Mitch Vande Sompel (D) - He is ready NOW
Parker Wotherspoon (D) - "same as above"
Anatoly Golyshev (RW) - Probably only for future considerations
Kyle Buroughs (D) - He's actually OK, but I don't think he has a future on our team and would be for another AHL contract

Picks - Preferrably no firsts unless the right deal comes along. All other picks are on the table

Any team with great scoring and weak defense, we can definitely strike a deal and fill up your defensive lineup for a while.

I'd say probably Jets make the best trading partner, but who else is out there and what would your trade offer be?

When you “high” do you mean inebriated? Cuz that’s what you would get for some of the garbage you are listing as assets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad