Player Discussion: Hickey

crasherino

May 9, 2013
My guess is they knew they were losing deHaan and didn't want to lose 2 D.
Right but there didn't seem to be a reason to go for four years. There's been no talk whatsoever of some other team bidding hard for the guy. If the Islanders said $2.5 x 3 - take it or leave it - he's probably taking it.

Hickey at 2 years even for $3m is understandable. 3 years is questionable. 4 years is just flat out too much.

Considering all he got was $2.5 AAV, there couldn't have been such a vibrant market out there.

frankieboy

Mar 10, 2010
I'm convinced that the Islanders value Hickey more than most fans. That has been consistent between the Snow and Lou regimes. He is not a bad D-man. He just has his flaws. I am unsure what fans want. If you had guys that were bullet proof 1-6, you'd have a D that was one for the ages. Even during the cup years, there were players with warts. In the end, Lou knows more than me. He also knows more than you.

Bird Boys

May 18, 2018
Management should stop lying to themselves and admit they made a mistake signing Hickey to a mulit-year deal and send him to the Bridge. There is no need to defend hickey; I wouldn't want the members of this board to lie to themselves too.
Keep it real guys!

Reactions: Newsworthy

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Hickey is where he should be now. A 6-7 guy (7 on this team IMO) that was previously used in the wrong slot due to need. For a 7, he is in the upper echelon of that level in the NHL.

Bird Boys

May 18, 2018
Hickey and "upper echelon" in the same sentence? At least I can say, on my death bed " I've heard it all!

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
Hickey is where he should be now. A 6-7 guy (7 on this team IMO) that was previously used in the wrong slot due to need. For a 7, he is in the upper echelon of that level in the NHL.
With 3o teams, he is a top 250 player. Actually top 225.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I'm convinced that the Islanders value Hickey more than most fans. That has been consistent between the Snow and Lou regimes. He is not a bad D-man. He just has his flaws. I am unsure what fans want. If you had guys that were bullet proof 1-6, you'd have a D that was one for the ages. Even during the cup years, there were players with warts. In the end, Lou knows more than me. He also knows more than you.
Lou apparently doesn't know much about Hickey the player.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
No need to be so insecure, when you get a little older you’ll understand. don’t worry so much about what other people reply to your post
Better go do your homework, son. I'm likely twice your age. If you make ridiculous comments, expect a reply.

Bird Boys

May 18, 2018
Very sorry I offended you "beach" I totally thought you were a 17 year old borrowing your moms laptop. I say we dispense with the insecurities and enjoy the fact that our team is doing so well. Lets remember, in the end, were all islanders! Enjoy the run!

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Maybe they can use his as a trade chip this summer. He's got 3 years left at a reasonable cap hit. If you package him with a pick, maybe he could return something decent?
I mean defensive depth is never a bad thing, but they also have Aho down in the A and there always seems to be a number of depth guys that can be signed via FA. IMO Hickey is expendable and with a decent package could bring back something useful

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
Management should stop lying to themselves and admit they made a mistake signing Hickey to a mulit-year deal and send him to the Bridge. There is no need to defend hickey; I wouldn't want the members of this board to lie to themselves too.
Keep it real guys!
I think Hickey would absolutely get claimed if they tried to send him down. Losing him for nada would suck. The isles need to get something in return for him.

QuadDeuces

Jul 16, 2006
Salt Lake City
Same contract as Nick Jensen got with the Caps to be a bottom pairing d-man. I haven't watched too too much of Jensen, but from what I've seen, I'd rather have Hickey. The guy gets a lot of hate for a small smattering of noteworthy mistakes, but generally speaking, he's solid. Rather have him in the lineup than Pelech most nights.

Bird Boys

May 18, 2018
I would have expected better from you, Seph.
it appears I am just as insecure as you are because I continue to reply. I knew exactly what you were saying on your post , I was just trying to have fun with it. I use your post as a platform to poke fun at hickey, you chose to defend it, and it brought out your insecurities instead of just talking about hockey. If you need a form to To help you get over your insecurities, try one of those self-help forums. I want to be friends, there’s no need to reply, I'll just give you the win. If this grammatically incorrect, I’m use voice text so be prepared.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
it appears I am just as insecure as you are because I continue to reply. I knew exactly what you were saying on your post , I was just trying to have fun with it. I use your post as a platform to poke fun at hickey, you chose to defend it, and it brought out your insecurities instead of just talking about hockey. If you need a form to To help you get over your insecurities, try one of those self-help forums. I want to be friends, there’s no need to reply, I'll just give you the win. If this grammatically incorrect, I’m use voice text so be prepared.
Is there a co-pay for this session? :laugh:

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

Do all your posts have to include insecurities ? Maybe the Leafs board would suit your talent level better.

Reactions: beach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad