OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It's never going to get better than this for me. Historic run from this kid.

empSsjj.png

Reactions: Winger98

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Holtby, Murray, Rask, Hamilton, Hughes and Kakko are on my keeper list really.

I will listen on other guys, but since I have to keep 8 if you're coming for them, you better be offering something I want to keep.

Other two I am probably keeping are JT Miller and Couturier but more willing to listen on them.

Meaning:
Domi
Cirelli
Johansen (what a train wreck this year)
Gallagher
RNH
OEL
Letang
Giordano
Suter

should be available.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Not sure if anyone wants to swap a keeper level goalie for Tavares, M Tkachuk and/or Perron (or any lesser level guys on my roster), but I'm game.

Just wanting to keep P Kane, Drai, S Jones, Ellis, Bergeron and MaxPac out of any deals and obv I'll deal a goalie back if you need one (want to keep Rittich though)

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Question for those with 3+ keeper worthy goalies. Do you find yourself benching one often? Or does it usually pan out to where they are usually not all playing at the same time?

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
depending on this weeks matchup and when theres a timetable for kuempers return, i might become a seller soon as well.

Reactions: Sparty

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not sure if anyone wants to swap a keeper level goalie for Tavares, M Tkachuk and/or Perron (or any lesser level guys on my roster), but I'm game.

Just wanting to keep P Kane, Drai, S Jones, Ellis, Bergeron and MaxPac out of any deals and obv I'll deal a goalie back if you need one (want to keep Rittich though)

Game on the first two, I could balance it a little better for you by throwing in a Dman upgrade as well. Would rather only keep two but need to expend early draft spots on offensive talent was kind of my thought on keeping the three that I had listed.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
TZE adds another elite young piece with Tkachuk. Sparty adds elite veteran goalie Rask and winger Schwartz having a very fine year.

Sparty comes out ahead today, but TZE is definitely building quite a group of forwards moving into next year. Scary.

Keep in mind, TZE, if we end up adopting a "gap year" for prospects, you might have more flexibility to keep some of your young NHL talent. But you'd have to forfeit anyone in your NA slots to do so. Briefly looking over your current situation, I'd say you'll happily do that, barring any huge NA pickups in the draft.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Yeah I'm definitely throwing my future out the window. I kept Tkachuk last year but didn't think I would keep him over some of the new guys who I added this year (Ellis and Pacioretty).

Of my keepers, I think only two will be under thirty (Draisatl and Seth Jones).

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Contemplating on bringing on another piece. On one hand my team seems to be doing well even with a key injury, on the other hand my weekly totals could improve at the cost of picks that I kind of don't want to get rid of. uuuggghhh

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Sards and I are facing each other right now and one of us is going to have Calgary's starting goalie in net. He's got Talbot and I have Rittich, just wait to wait and see who shows up in net tonight.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Four weeks of the regular season left!!

Sparty and myself have pulled away in our conference, but boy the other one is wide open.

Trade deadline is February 19.

Reactions: Sparty

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Mantha returns as Weber goes onto IR with no timetable. The Hockey God's giveth and taketh.

It's a little stressful having all my most productive players be entering their mid-30s and the end of the season rolls around. Lots of injury nursing possible.

I need to win this year or next, then I'm headed for a nasty rebuild.

Reactions: turkleton85

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
What are the criteria for a player to be considered a prospect here?

Skaters: less than 55 NHL games and 3 years from draft year. Or from first NHL contact (for guys who were undrafted).
Goalies: 55 NHL games or 5 years from draft.

We are finalizing allowing a single "rollover" year for prospects. That is, if a player ( like Rasmussen) has more than 55 NHL games but is still within the 3 year limit, he could be rolled over using your NA slot. However using said rollover would mean you would not be able to carry over an additional prospect in your NA slot. So it's still 11 slots total (8 vets, 3 prospects).

As an example I could technically roll over goalie MacKenzie Blackwood this year, as he's within 5 years of his draft. But then I'd only get 2 NA spots and would need to drop one of my prospects.

I thought previously I could roll over Adam Fox but I see he was drafted in 2016, so nope. He's a guy who, despite being a rookie this year, has aged out already.

In related news, who wants to make an offer on Adam Fox?

Reactions: Eastopia

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Mantha returns as Weber goes onto IR with no timetable. The Hockey God's giveth and taketh.

It's a little stressful having all my most productive players be entering their mid-30s and the end of the season rolls around. Lots of injury nursing possible.

I need to win this year or next, then I'm headed for a nasty rebuild.

sounds alot like the wings a few years back

Kuemper seems to be back. i need to win the 4 remaining games to have a playoff chance

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Skaters: less than 55 NHL games and 3 years from draft year. Or from first NHL contact (for guys who were undrafted).
Goalies: 55 NHL games or 5 years from draft.

We are finalizing allowing a single "rollover" year for prospects. That is, if a player ( like Rasmussen) has more than 55 NHL games but is still within the 3 year limit, he could be rolled over using your NA slot. However using said rollover would mean you would not be able to carry over an additional prospect in your NA slot. So it's still 11 slots total (8 vets, 3 prospects).

As an example I could technically roll over goalie MacKenzie Blackwood this year, as he's within 5 years of his draft. But then I'd only get 2 NA spots and would need to drop one of my prospects.

I thought previously I could roll over Adam Fox but I see he was drafted in 2016, so nope. He's a guy who, despite being a rookie this year, has aged out already.

In related news, who wants to make an offer on Adam Fox?

So this means that Samsonov still qualifies and I can roll over Heiskanen this year which makes things easier for me. Thank you.

In that case I’m thinking that my keepers right now are Ovie, Scheifele, Karlsson, Hellebuyck, Sergachev, Lindholm, Vrana and Forsberg, plus Heiskanen (roll over), Sandin and Samsonov as prospects. Out of those, I’m willing to listen to offers for Vrana and Forsberg, though I’m not really shopping them.

Given the slight possibility that I might not actually win it all this season, the others, including Dadonov, Ekholm, Quick, Hayes, Silfverberg, Saros etc., are all available.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
mcdavid out now...tough to decide at what point you become a seller, especiall after i just traded a few picks away XD

ok guys, i'm kicking tires. I got a few interesting names that might help your championship run (interested in picks, of course)

C, LW Brock Nelson (rank 66; 2nd or 3rd round pick)
LW RW Kevin Fiala (on a hot streak, 7th or 8th round pick)
RW Travis Konecny (rank 107; 2nd or 3rd round pick)
D Neal Pionk (rank 59; 1st or 2nd round pick)
D Colton Parayko (on a hot streak; 4th or 5th round pick)
D Thomas Chabot (bad season, but keeper quality long term; 2nd or 3 rd round)

G Jonathan Bernier (rank 139; 5th or 6th round pick)
G Linus Ulmark (great season, back in 2 weeks; 2nd or 3rd round pick)

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So this means that Samsonov still qualifies and I can roll over Heiskanen this year which makes things easier for me. Thank you.

Well, not so fast. I think the intent of the "rollover" year was if the player has freshly crossed the 55 game threshold within that season. Heiskanen played all 82 games last year, so last season would have been his "rollover" year. @Eternal Sunshine and @Winger98 can comment more, as this is something they brought to my attention.

The ideal use for a rollover year would have been Rassumusen. A guy who played over 55 games, lost "prospect" status, but then promptly went back to the AHL. So he no longer fits our initial criteria, but he's definitely still a prospect. This gives you a year to hang onto him and hope he can develop, assuming you've put that initial draft capital into him.

Another example would be Martin Necas. He's not all that fantasy relevant this year and taking up a veteran spot. If you've been rostering him for a few years, how awful you'd lose him next year (he probably doesn't make a person's veteran keeper list) because he finally crossed the 55 game threshold this season. Allowing that extra season means you can keep Necas and hopefully get a decent return on him next season after years invested.

It's confusing, I know, but that's the nature of trying to make a system that is fair, customizable, and suits the needs of everyone. Either we have complicated rules or we simply have players that fall through the cracks that probably shouldn't.

Before the season concludes, I'll draft up a full list of rules and such and publish it somewhere that doesn't get lost like this thread.

Reactions: Winger98

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
mcdavid out now...tough to decide at what point you become a seller, especiall after i just traded a few picks away XD

Your conference is wide open. You're in the same spot I was in last year. I ended up buying Wheeler and O'Reilly in hopes of squeaking into the playoffs. Alas, because of an EMPTY NET GOAL, I missed the playoffs. It's THAT close sometimes.

Reactions: turkleton85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad