OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
my team started off great in the first half last week projected to finish in the 440's. Then they decided to go on All Star break early in the second half of the week and not even finish in the 400's lol.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
you're still fighting for the playoffs, though.

Exactly. 1st place in the Lidstrom Conference is 8 wins. @mantha39 has 6. Still 6 games left to claw back.

@Sparty and I are starting to get some separation in the Zetterberg Conference. But there's two wildcard spots available. Those are wide open.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Ya just no wiggle room. Gonna be tight down the stretch. And like Kenny always said, anything can happen in the playoffs!

i'm glad yahoo wants to make sure you press the right button in the trade window. i almost accepted your offer XD I'm afraid i'm a "yes" sayer :D

Reactions: mantha39

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
after starting the year 5-0, my team has shit the bed.... I'm in must win mode now. Hopefully kuemper comes back after the allstar break

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Hey all, remember our next matchup is 2 weeks due to the all-star break.

Looks like I have to win this week by playing thirteen less games than my opponent...that's going to be a tough ask.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The Lidstrom Conference is totally up for grabs. That's going to be a ton of fun to watch down the stretch. Probably going to come down to the very last week just like last year.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Ok, My team is officially going to rebuild for next year. I will make trades to improve my keepers, or acquire picks:
Here are my Keepers: (Generally not available unless you offer me a better keeper to take 1 of my keepers Plus a player listed in available section)
1) Vasilevsky
2) Bobrovsky
3) Guentzel
4) Huberdeau
5) Teuvo Teravainen
6) Vladimir Tarasenko
7) Vincent Trocheck
8) Nazem Kadri

Available players: (Ordered by how I value them)

Kyle Palmieri.
Ondrej Palat
Ryan Pulock
Aaron Ekblad
Anders Lee
Nico Hischier
Charlie McAvoy
Filip Hronek
Casey Cizikas
Matt Calvert
Sean Walker
Hampus Lindholm
Eric Staal
Mikael Granlund
Wayne Simmonds
BackupGoalies available: Dreiger (Fla), Campbell (LA), Hutton(Buf)

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
kuemper close to return, now ulmark goes down...

At least you can swap them. I have Korpisalo coming back but Elvis has been incredible. Korpisalo was playing every single game before his injury and now they are going to split so I have to carry both to get the same value that one of them was giving me.

This is a serious first world team problem.

Red Wings side note: that tandem may be another for Yzerman to explore for trades. Both looked awesome this year.

Last edited:

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
hertl out for season - anyone interested? Could be healthy be next season. Looking for some goalie help

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
FIVE weeks left to the regular season. Really getting down to it now. The Lidstrom Conference remains a very packed group. Sards and Hammet are still tied for first place. Turk and Timbits are right behind them, both winning this week as well.

The wildcard slots are going to be wide open.

Sparty remains hot on my tail for first place in the Zetterberg Conference. I won't get any weeks off.

Reactions: Sparty

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
i had to overpay a little....

Jokes aside, I do like this trade.

It's just smart asset management. On paper you "overpaid" from a value standpoint, but as soon as a player is injured for the year and not on the short keep list, you're looking at a dead asset. Get value from someone that wants that player and has another expendable piece.

Solid win-win for both parties. One gets immediate help, the other gets help next year.

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Jokes aside, I do like this trade.

It's just smart asset management. On paper you "overpaid" from a value standpoint, but as soon as a player is injured for the year and not on the short keep list, you're looking at a dead asset. Get value from someone that wants that player and has another expendable piece.

Solid win-win for both parties. One gets immediate help, the other gets help next year.

We also don't really know the value of prospects in our league. I mean, part of my gamble here is that either Ottawa will keep Brannstrom down so he doesn't play more than 50 games, or we allow these guys to be kept through the draft and the NA/Prospect requirement to be met only by the start of the actual season. If Brannstrom (and Zadina) end up playing enough to break 50 games, I'm not sure either make a keeper list. The deal could easily end up being Hertl for next season for Bernier for this season.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
We also don't really know the value of prospects in our league. I mean, part of my gamble here is that either Ottawa will keep Brannstrom down so he doesn't play more than 50 games, or we allow these guys to be kept through the draft and the NA/Prospect requirement to be met only by the start of the actual season. If Brannstrom (and Zadina) end up playing enough to break 50 games, I'm not sure either make a keeper list. The deal could easily end up being Hertl for next season for Bernier for this season.

I'd be favor in letting a team roll over 3 prospects, even recently aged out ones, like you proposed. There usually is a weird year transition with NHL players before the are fantasy relevant. Sometimes two years. But I think we start with letting people roll over and see how it looks.

I've got 2 guys that fit that bill perfectly and I was dreading putting them back into the pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad