OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I have 4 starters on IR but damn am I lucky I'm getting production from other places. Thought for sure it was another doomed week against @turkleton85 . Now it will at least be competitive.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I have 4 starters on IR but damn am I lucky I'm getting production from other places. Thought for sure it was another doomed week against @turkleton85 . Now it will at least be competitive.

i lost kuemper and nilson to IR, and i notice how much responsibility my goalies have for any success now :D I hope this will be a close one ;)

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Well... This is embarrassing. I, uh, thought the games would be played at normal hours so I was going to change them now. Did someone say this team was cursed? ‘Cause I’m saying it’s cursed.

Damn it.

Thanks anyway.

Not sure if you've played on Yahoo before, but if you have you already know this...

You can set your whole week in advance if you want, that's what I usually do. Then that way if I forget a day then I usually straight. Only thing you'll learn is that if you make a roster move, all subsequent days get un-set so you'll have reset all the future days.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Not sure if you've played on Yahoo before, but if you have you already know this...

You can set your whole week in advance if you want, that's what I usually do. Then that way if I forget a day then I usually straight. Only thing you'll learn is that if you make a roster move, all subsequent days get un-set so you'll have reset all the future days.

Thats what i was doing and I lost my team over it

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Only thing you'll learn is that if you make a roster move, all subsequent days get un-set so you'll have reset all the future days.

I think this is what usually happens to folks. A funny quirk in their code.

I've also noticed the auto setting of lineups doesn't always arrange positions in the optimal way. And I don't mean selecting better players, I mean it fails to recognize you can shift that C,LW to LW and fit in another center it kept on the bench.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I've made it my morning routine at work to set my lineup. Sometimes I forget to pick a goalie if it hasn't been decided which ones are playing or not though.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I've made it my morning routine at work to set my lineup. Sometimes I forget to pick a goalie if it hasn't been decided which ones are playing or not though.

I hear you. The Blues are awful about not announcing a goalie until like 1 hour before. If I'm busy that evening I just guess and hope for the best.

Reactions: Winger98

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
No one stated you have to have all benches filled. And with it being as deep as the rosters are, I had no issue having one or two open cause multiple times, one or two guys would have to sit. If a player was on LTIR then i would have moved them off the team in they are not a keeper or coming back this year. To each their own on how that want to handle their roster management. I would do the same in other leagues also, not just in this one. I agree i did forget early in the season to do set lineups in this league and others. I then started to pre set rosters to be active and try and win matchups. Then my team gets lifted from me. Thats what is so frustrating. I was keeping my team up and it gets taken away.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
No one stated you have to have all benches filled. And with it being as deep as the rosters are, I had no issue having one or two open cause multiple times, one or two guys would have to sit. If a player was on LTIR then i would have moved them off the team in they are not a keeper or coming back this year. To each their own on how that want to handle their roster management. I would do the same in other leagues also, not just in this one. I agree i did forget early in the season to do set lineups in this league and others. I then started to pre set rosters to be active and try and win matchups. Then my team gets lifted from me. Thats what is so frustrating. I was keeping my team up and it gets taken away.

You're not getting it. You are forfeiting points by not having a full roster of guys to play. Just throwing points straight down the toilet. You keep saying "to each their own" but what the hell does that even mean in this context. "I don't like maximizing my team, OK? Let me be me!" What kind of response is that? Does this work for you in other areas of your life? Like at work? I'm baffled.

Second, you are still suggesting you "started" to set rosters. No, you didn't. The numbers do not support your claim. And this is why I went through the trouble of showing you every.single.day. Does lying about your contributions also work in other areas of your life?

You didn't play the players you had. You didn't carry a full team. You didn't participate here. You didn't make any roster moves. For 10 weeks.

You were not keeping your team up. We have the data. It's not debatable. This conversation needs to die like your team was in the standings.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I was setting the roster after i had realized i had not done anything for a little bit. I had set rosters for a good 2-3 weeks and had set rosters into the new year with the only possibility is missing on a few goalie starts because they can be more sporadic to maintain. But how i manage a team is different than how you manage yours. Thats what i am referring too.

What are you referring as full roster? Full "starting" roster? or full roster with bench spots and starters? I only miss out on points on guys who i have in my active roster, not on the bench. I know how fantasy works. and full aware that i had neglected it slightly as life got super busy.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
And if i wasn't setting a lineup, how could i have been competitive and pulled out some wins the last 2-3 weeks? I know i was pretty close to a second win in back to back weeks before my team got pulled. If i wasnt setting a lineup how could this have been done?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I hear you. The Blues are awful about not announcing a goalie until like 1 hour before. If I'm busy that evening I just guess and hope for the best.

Not to mention injuries. I've left a lot of points on the board the past few weeks because a guy is out with injury until warm ups and suddenly he's available. Except by then I have no one to cut loose to make room to take him off IR, or I've just had life intervene in that twenty minutes before every game starts. I hate how the NHL allows teams to just wing it on their injury reports.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
And with that, its possible to think you are starting a full roster, and have a spot earn 0 points if you don't check it minutes before puck drop. So even if you preset your roster, it will look like you didn't. Or that you were not setting it.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
And with that, its possible to think you are starting a full roster, and have a spot earn 0 points if you don't check it minutes before puck drop. So even if you preset your roster, it will look like you didn't. Or that you were not setting it.

You never had more than 22 players eligible (often 21) over the entire ten weeks. The actual number you can carry is 24.

More players means more starts and more points.

This issue is completely separate to the one where you failed to start players from your bench.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Not necessarily. You can only play so many per night and per position. You can have a full roster, but they can be guys not producing or not getting ice time and it will negatively effect your score by registering negative points. Or have way too many at one position and not be able to move them into other positions. I can obviously be competitive with the team i have as you could see from the last 2-3 weeks when the rosters were fixed. I was active, in setting my roster after i noticed i hadn't in a bit. And can be proven with how i won one of the last weeks and possibly last week. I couldnt tell as i was replaced before the week finished.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Are you intentionally changing the argument all the time or do you just not realize what you're doing wrong?

There's like four nights every week where you can't ice a full roster. These are the nights where you're losing out on points. If you had players on the teams playing on those nights, then there would be players playing instead of no players playing. Hell, you can use your three moves every week to take players on teams that are on teams that play more games on those nights if you really want to maximize it and make an effort. This is what I did in the playoffs last year and I think it's why I won those close matchups.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Realizing that BinCookin and I had very different draft strategies apparently. I have mostly Western Conference guys and his are mostly Eastern Conference.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Klingberg and Marchessault ruled out today.

Add those to Korpisalo, Mantha, Bjorkstrand, and Armia.

My team is in f***ing flames right now.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012

I didn’t know this actually, I guess I’ll have to try it out. Thank you!

While you’re feeling helpful, I saw Meg’s question on there and I thought it was a good one. How do we pick our keepers? I didn’t see an answer on there so I ask it here.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I didn’t know this actually, I guess I’ll have to try it out. Thank you!

While you’re feeling helpful, I saw Meg’s question on there and I thought it was a good one. How do we pick our keepers? I didn’t see an answer on there so I ask it here.

Before the next season starts there will be a menu screen available where you just go in and click boxes next to the players you want to keep. 8 vets and 3 prospects. Though, I still have a question about how we're going to handle prospects who age out during the season. This is the only post I could find talking about it earlier:

Got a question about aged out prospects-

My thinking is, if you have a guy who "graduated" by aging out or playing over 50 NHL games, is you hold onto him in one of the 3 keeper prospect slots, and you can either draft someone to replace him during the draft, or wait until after to add/ drop one ASAP

So like say you had 2 guys who were good still and 1 who aged out, and you draft Jack Hughes with your first, after the draft ends you would be able to drop your aged out prospect and add an NHLer in that spot

Does that make sense/ seem fair?

Personally, I favor this because not many of us will have "prospects" who age out but will also be worthy of being immediately protected over more established players. It would allow us to "develop" guys a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad