OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
1st and 2nd place team in the same division moving a key player like Malkin?

This ought to be good.
His offer was very tempting, but I'm looking for something very specific as my keeper plans have changed with a sudden improvement from this years draft class.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I can tell you right now I have players in the top 100 presently that are going to be tough to keep. There's moves to be made if you want to shore up your core group. I have guys that are under 30, top 100, and I don't know if I can fit them into my top 8. I would love to flip one of these guys for several depth options. Sell your quantity for quality.

Only two trades have been made all year. If people are unwilling to barter, that's going to make it a struggle, though.

I'm not quite sure who I want my keepers to be going forward, and the guys I'd deal I doubt would garner a lot of interest. Just too many guys under-performing on the year.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
fyi, I'm sending out mass trade proposals for the same key player from my team. If anyone likes an offer enough to accept, the first to do so will get the trade.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Mantha is banged up again and the Wings are really a stinker. I think he's keeper quality, easily, but I'm entertaining offers because I need someone producing this year and I have a crowded group of vets.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Mantha is banged up again and the Wings are really a stinker. I think he's keeper quality, easily, but I'm entertaining offers because I need someone producing this year and I have a crowded group of vets.

i'd love to have him, but i'm afraid his knee injury derailed his season

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
who are your 8 keepers as of now?

That's tough to say. But I'll go ahead and show my cards here so people can make offers.

Fowards: O'Reilly, Wheeler (Coin toss with Marchessault)
Defense: Pietrangelo, Weber, Fox, Theodore/Klingberg (Think Fox is legit, but willing to move him for value to keep Klingberg or Theodore)
Goalie: Binnington, Blackwood

Bold =
I love these guys more than I should objectively.

So what value is on the outside? One of those defenders mentioned, Klingberg/Fox/Theodore. Mantha. Burns. Schenn. Kopitar. Oshie. Korpisalo. Maybe Wheeler, Machessault. There's really good players in that list.

Decisions, decisions. Guys like Weber, Burns and Wheeler are still elite, but getting long in the tooth. Meanwhile Shea Theodore is 24 and has been the 33rd best player in our league the past month. Klingberg is still holding down the majority of PP duties for Dallas lately. At least my goalies are young and I don't have to think about that. Although if Korpisalo keeps holding down duties, damn, he's valuable.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
i'd love to have him, but i'm afraid his knee injury derailed his season

Yeah, anyone who wants to win this year is probably a bad fit for the Mantha trade. Unless you think he'll heal up and end up with Larkin again during our playoffs. Dude was top 20 in our league before his injury. Big-time potential.

But I kind of have a rule I don't usually draft my favorite teams players, as I get too attached to make cutthroat business decisions. Like I want Mantha to be our 40-goal-savior so bad.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Yeah, anyone who wants to win this year is probably a bad fit for the Mantha trade. Unless you think he'll heal up and end up with Larkin again during our playoffs. Dude was top 20 in our league before his injury. Big-time potential.

But I kind of have a rule I don't usually draft my favorite teams players, as I get too attached to make cutthroat business decisions. Like I want Mantha to be our 40-goal-savior so bad.

without the injuries he could have reached 40 goals. but right now i would have to give up too much. I have a lot of good wingers with haula and marner back from injuries

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
That's tough to say. But I'll go ahead and show my cards here so people can make offers.

Fowards: O'Reilly, Wheeler (Coin toss with Marchessault)
Defense: Pietrangelo, Weber, Fox, Theodore/Klingberg (Think Fox is legit, but willing to move him for value to keep Klingberg or Theodore)
Goalie: Binnington, Blackwood

Bold =
I love these guys more than I should objectively.

So what value is on the outside? One of those defenders mentioned, Klingberg/Fox/Theodore. Mantha. Burns. Schenn. Kopitar. Oshie. Korpisalo. Maybe Wheeler, Machessault. There's really good players in that list.

Decisions, decisions. Guys like Weber, Burns and Wheeler are still elite, but getting long in the tooth. Meanwhile Shea Theodore is 24 and has been the 33rd best player in our league the past month. Klingberg is still holding down the majority of PP duties for Dallas lately. At least my goalies are young and I don't have to think about that. Although if Korpisalo keeps holding down duties, damn, he's valuable.
proposal sent

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Welp, there goes my 4th winger to IR. Yikes.

Also, I think my team did pretty damn well but the damn Timbits had guys, who haven't done it all year, putting up 20 point nights all over his damn roster. Hey, chill.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Do You still need à manager? I’ve never played a keeper league before But Would like to try if there’s an opening.

I think we should move forward with a new manager still. Haven't heard a peep from the old manager here and his lineups are still sporadic. I'll send you some details this weekend and we'll get you going for Monday.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
I think we should move forward with a new manager still. Haven't heard a peep from the old manager here and his lineups are still sporadic. I'll send you some details this weekend and we'll get you going for Monday.

Sounds good. :thumbu:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Breaking News. Malkin has been traded. Pleasure doing business @Bench

Kickin' tires and takin' names!

So far I'm happy in that I think all the trades are pretty good value for everyone getting what they want. Although I'm devastated to lose Tatar Guy and his energy.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Kickin' tires and takin' names!

So far I'm happy in that I think all the trades are pretty good value for everyone getting what they want. Although I'm devastated to lose Tatar Guy and his energy.
I just hope my decision to keep Provorov over Malkin doesn't bite me in the ass lol

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I just hope my decision to keep Provorov over Malkin doesn't bite me in the ass lol

I think you're golden. Malkin is going to have another few great years, but Provorov is legit. I only dropped him because it looked like they weren't going to run him on the powerplay. And welp, that was a mistake.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Malkin put up 18 points tonight, which is great. Except it won't help me at all since Timbits is somehow dunking over 400 on holiday week.

@Sparty now creeping back up in the standings.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Bergeron is back, my team goes as he goes. Dude is my MVP because he always crushes on faceoffs and everything else is gravy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad