OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Bergeron is back, my team goes as he goes. Dude is my MVP because he always crushes on faceoffs and everything else is gravy.

i'm pretty sure with your star power you almost never have an off night - friday was the matchup day that set our matchup apart

my guys shit the bed

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Alright, after seeing injuries continue to wipe out my team and some others underperform, I think I'm open to making some moves. Guy's I'm not moving:

Eichel, Josi, Dubois

Meier, Krug, Debrincat, Skinner and Wilson are going to take a bit to pull.

Also, curious how we're doing prospects who age out during the season. It looks like Zadina is going to break the games barrier but looking back and Eternal Sunshine was suggesting we carry that guy through the next draft as an NA either way, and either draft to replace him or replace him immediately afterward before the season starts. So, are we looking at some way to shield prospects through the immediate next draft after they age out or must they then either be tossed or put into one of our 8 keepers?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Why the heck am I being replaced? Been setting my lineup 3-4weeks and have future weeks set up...

First off, I tagged you multiple times in this thread and you never responded. You could have responded to any of those. We heard nothing from you. What else were we to think?

Second, your lineups often failed to play starting players. You've had players on IR still in your lineup.

Third, you've made 2 moves all season. The average is closer to 15 or more.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I’ve been super busy til lately. My bad. And during that time I wasn’t setting my lineup in this or other leagues and have had guys go to the IR. I haven’t made any moves cause I feel there isn’t anyone worth picking up on the waiver wire that can replace anyone I currently have. I don’t always check this message board so I don’t see when stuff gets tagged. Is there like a league chat or Facebook messenger chat that I’m unaware that people communicate.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
i'm pretty sure with your star power you almost never have an off night - friday was the matchup day that set our matchup apart

my guys **** the bed

Looks like your guys made it closer but I have three guys in the late game and you have none. Probably all over.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Welp, I have two players in the late game now, Rittich stunk it up out there.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
So it’s ok for us to start late in the season with a funky draft system people didn’t know about till during the draft and then I get busy for a few weeks and and get back to setting lineups and I get kicked? This makes no sense to me. Specially when it simply for fun. No private message to see what’s up or contact thru Yahoo?
I would like my team back please as I have been managing it after being busy.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So it’s ok for us to start late in the season with a funky draft system people didn’t know about till during the draft

Do you usually have a lot of success insulting people's efforts before you petition them for what you want?

This makes no sense to me. Specially when it simply for fun. No private message to see what’s up or contact thru Yahoo?
I would like my team back please as I have been managing it after being busy.

It's unfortunate but you had weeks to respond to this thread. I tagged you 3 separate times. You were still logging on and making posts in other areas of the forum but didn't respond to anything here. That's the crux of it. Line up options were still being missed, there was zero activity here, and almost no movement all season.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I’m not insulting. That is what happened. Sorry if you were insulted by what happened. I was still active setting my lineup for the past few weeks. Sorry I wasn’t active I’m adding and dropping but with how deep the rosters are, I didn’t see or feel anyone was an improvement to my team. I had rosters set going into the new year and after also. Just seems kind of crazy that I get back to having time to check the lineups and I get replaced.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I’m not insulting. That is what happened. Sorry if you were insulted by what happened.

You're calling out the last manager and I don't like that. He never had to do this to begin with and was kind enough to volunteer his time. When he couldn't, we communicated and we swiftly did the best we could under short notice. The opportunity was always open for someone to step up and do it, yourself included. And while we were happy to have you on board, lack of involvement with this thread and the team were noticeable. Your roster has fallen hundreds of points behind even our auto-drafted expansion team that first picked Big Buff and traded away two of his most productive players in a rebuilding year.

Again, I'm sorry you feel this is sudden, but try to keep track of games played among all the teams and yours has been spotty for awhile. After no response in the one place we use to communicate, what else was left to do? Bad for morale to have teams floating by not playing guys.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I did offer to help/run it and everything. Even asked when it was kicking back up and tried to get things going on time... look back at the threads. I was often asking when and what was going on with the league.

it’s luck of the draw too when it comes with points. I obviously got busy for a second and let it slip. I have been making sure my roster was current and believe close to a 2 win win streak. That’s why I’m throwing a fit. I was managing my team and making sure my guys have been starting.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I did offer to help/run it and everything. Even asked when it was kicking back up and tried to get things going on time... look back at the threads. I was often asking when and what was going on with the league.

it’s luck of the draw too when it comes with points. I obviously got busy for a second and let it slip. I have been making sure my roster was current and believe close to a 2 win win streak. That’s why I’m throwing a fit. I was managing my team and making sure my guys have been starting.

Is it luck of the draw? Or are you leaving a lot of points behind? Let's check.

Let's just look at two weeks as an example. I'm only using players that could have possibly fit into the lineup given position limitations.

Week of December 9th.

Monday: Vrana. 2.60 points.
Tuesday: Staal, Quick. 17.75 points.
Wednesday: Vrana. 6.70 points.
Thursday: Silverberg, Staal. 10.50 points.
Friday: None.
Saturday: Fabbro. Quick. 9.30 points.
Sunday: Schiefele, Hellebuyck. 29.95 points.

Total lost points: 76.80

Week of December 16th.

Monday: Fabbro and Dadonov on bench. 0.50 points on bench.
Tuesday: Schiefele, Silverberg, Fabbro. 21.10 points.
Wednesday: Silverberg. 1.60 points.
Thursday: Staal. 7.10 points.
Friday: Perry. 7.90 points.
Saturday: Silverberg. 5.20 points.
Sunday: None.

Total lost points: 43.40

If I keep going back, will I find more of the same? You lost an average of 60.1 points per week there. Your team averaged 297 points per week. You left over 20% of your potential points on the bench.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Point can be luck of the draw. Were there more people who were playing that position than I had roster space to play everyone? Could I have played someone who I thought was going to score more, actually do worse than a bench guy. All the time. Or I look at it at like 705/731pm so guys were locked and I couldn’t move them. Points easily take into account more categories than if it were a strait categories league. Both can have the same thing happen. And both are luck on what you’re going to score.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Point can be luck of the draw.

This is true.

Were there more people who were playing that position than I had roster space to play everyone?

Nope. I deliberately only selected players that were on your bench that could have been slotted into an open spot.

Could I have played someone who I thought was going to score more, actually do worse than a bench guy.

That was not included in any of my totals. Here's the breakdown of every single week so there is no debate over the facts.

Also keep in mind you can roster 24 active players. This does not include IR or NA skater. I noticed you had a lower number of starts every week in addition to the guys not getting off the bench - and what I found is you were not carrying to roster capacity. i.e. Adding new players from the free agent pool when one of your players is injured. So when you look at the missing point totals, keep in mind you're also missing 2-3 players per week of production, too.

Week 3 (22 players):

Monday: Hayes, Perry. 10.10
Tuesday: Ekholm, Vrana, Pearson, Quick. 27.35
Wednesday: None.
Thursday: None.
Saturday: Staal. 9.70

7 starts missed, 2 missing players, and 47.50 points left on the board in our first week.

Week 4 (21 players):

Monday: None
Tuesday: Staal. 1.80
Wednesday: None
Thursday: None
Friday: None
Saturday: Lindholm, Forsberg, Saros. 25.45
Sunday: None

4 starts missed, 3 missing players, Another 27.25 points.

Week 5 (22 players):

Tuesday: Staal. 2.80
Wednesday: No games
Thursday: Staal. 3.70
Saturday: Staal. 4.90

3 starts missed, 2 missing players (You activated Duchene from IR this week), 11.40 points.

Week 6 (22 players):

Monday: Staal (you hate this guy?), Samsonov. 11.40.
Tuesday: None.
Thursday: Silverberg, Staal (yeah you hate him), Quick. 28.05
Saturday: None

5 starts missed, 2 missing players, 39.45 points.

Week 7 (21 players - Samsonov to minors):

Tuesday: Staal, Saros. 10.85
Thursday: Tofolli, Silverberg. 21.20
Saturday: None
Sunday: STAAAAAALLL. 0.50

5 starts missed, 3 missing players, 32.55 points.

Week 8 (21 players):

Monday: Silverberg. 1.90.
Tuesday: None
Wednesday: Muzzin, Dadonov. 9.10
Friday: Hellebuyck, Staaaaaaaaaallll. 19.55
Saturday: Muzzin, Dadonov, Samsonov (still in your NA slot). 19.80

8 starts missed, 3 missing players, 50.35 points.

Week 9 (21 players):

Monday: Silverberg. 9.90
Tuesday: Staal, Dadonov, Hellebuyck. 16.75
Wednesday: Muzzin, Samsonov. 14.35
Thursday: Jordan MFin' Staal. Hellebuyck (this guy is your best player and you barely play him). 16.50
Friday: Silverberg. 1.20
Saturday: STAAL BABY! 9.40
Sunday: Silverberg. 6.80

11 starts missed, 3 missing players, 74.9 points.

Week 10 (21 players):

Monday: Vrana. 2.60 points.
Tuesday: Staal, Quick. 17.75 points.
Wednesday: Vrana. 6.70 points.
Thursday: Silverberg, Staal. 10.50 points.
Saturday: Fabbro. Quick. 9.30 points.
Sunday: Schiefele, Hellebuyck. 29.95 points.

10 starts missed, 3 missing players, 76.80 points.

Week 11 (22 players):

Monday: Fabbro and Dadonov on bench. 0.50 points on bench.
Tuesday: Schiefele, Silverberg, Fabbro. 21.10 points.
Wednesday: Silverberg. 1.60 points.
Thursday: Staal. 7.10 points.
Friday: Perry. 7.90 points.
Saturday: Silverberg. 5.20 points.

9 starts missed, 2 missing players, 43.40 points.

Week 12 (22 players):

Monday: Staal money! 5.70
Tuesday: None
Saturday: Heiskanen, Perry. 5.20

3 starts missed, 2 missing players, 10.9 points.

TOTALS

Weeks played: 10
Starts missed: 65
Points missed: 414.50
Unknown: How many points you'd have if you played a full roster.

----

I hope this helps put it into perspective. It's been happening for 10 weeks straight.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I was managing the team when you took it away... I had rosters set for last few weeks and into the future. I said I was really busy and let it get away from me and was now able to set lineups and such. I would like my team back. I don’t care about how many points I missed out on cause that’s the past. It happens. No one is perfect. But I think it’s crap that a team I was managing just gets taken right out from under me. No private message/email. Just a random tagging in comments on here. If I didn’t want to run the team or “ghosting” the league I wouldn’t be arguing about getting my team back.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I don’t care about how many points I missed out on cause that’s the past.

True, it is the past. But it's also directly relevant to the conversation regarding your participation. I went through 70 days and in that time you failed to ice a complete roster for the entire season, missed on average 7 starts a week, and straight up lost matchups because you didn't ice guys on the bench. Not a single week went by where you played all your roster or had a complete team.

The bottom line is you ignored the team for over 2 months. Honestly, it's an oversight on my part I let it go as long as it did. I think the numbers are fairly conclusive that this has been ongoing since day 1 and it was a very reasonable step to look for a replacement manager.

Unless someone has something new to add to the conversation, I'm going to end it here. I think the facts speak for themselves regarding why the decision was made. That's why I went through the time to type out 70 days worth, to remove any subjectivity.

Because what I really I want to talk about how Malkin putting up almost 40 points in his first 2 games for me has complete created unrealistic expectations for the rest of the season.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Jay said in his initial email that he didn't think it was possible to improve his team from playing the waivers and trades game. I think everyone here disagrees with that, I know a big part of my team being better last year and this year was because of those initial waiver claims I made in the first few weeks.

The league is more fun with everyone contributing and if you're not going to chat us up or talk trades (or anything), then it's more fun for everyone involved if we can find someone who will try to improve the team and contribute to the chatter.

We all have lives, but it's not hard to set a lineup and carry a full roster.

Reactions: Bench

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I know a big part of my team being better last year and this year was because of those initial waiver claims I made in the first few weeks.

Absolutely! 19 of the players on my active roster now were acquired via free agency or trades. To start the year, 4 of my keepers were from trades and 2 were from free agency.

I know I'm way more active than most with trades, but you can definitely ice a competitive team by working deals and eying the free agent pool. Honestly my drafts have been... not great. I've had to overcome that in other ways.

The league is more fun with everyone contributing and if you're not going to chat us up or talk trades (or anything), then it's more fun for everyone involved if we can find someone who will try to improve the team and contribute to the chatter.

Agree with this 10,000%.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
I’m sorry that I played a part in causing this drama, it certainly wasn’t my intention. If the other players have any objection to what happened here, I’ll step aside and take my place on the bench, no problems at all. I’m happy to play here but above all I don’t want any sour taste to enter with me.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Not your fault eastopia. Just frustrated that when I noticed 3 weeks or so ago that I hadn’t set roster in a bit and start doing it, the team gets pulled from me. And made an effort to set future lineups Incase I missed the time to set.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Everyone has a different way they want to manage their teams along with who they roster. I like the long term look of the guys I had over what was available on the WW whenever I looked. Trades in this league have been rare it seem as everyone has a different value system with players.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Alright @Eastopia, half your roster is playing in the winter classic today and you have most of them on you bench. Don't make us regret adding you here. Game starts at 2pm.

Welcome aboard!

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Alright @Eastopia, half your roster is playing in the winter classic today and you have most of them on you bench. Don't make us regret adding you here. Game starts at 2pm.

Welcome aboard!

Well... This is embarrassing. I, uh, thought the games would be played at normal hours so I was going to change them now. Did someone say this team was cursed? ‘Cause I’m saying it’s cursed.

Damn it.

Thanks anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad