OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season One

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Aaron, you just straight put Klingberg on the waiver wire. If you needed roster space, I would have gladly given draft picks in a trade. But Klingberg is a top fantasy defender, don't just give those guys away!

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Aaron, you just straight put Klingberg on the waiver wire. If you needed roster space, I would have gladly given draft picks in a trade. But Klingberg is a top fantasy defender, don't just give those guys away!
Yikes.

And damn wish I would of joined this league with you guys.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

Or put him on IR to clear roster space.

Hey Aaron, did you know you could just change his status to "IR" and it would open up a roster spot for as long as he's on there? It's what I did with McAvoy.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Just rubbing salt in the wound. SAVAGE!!!

Well, yeah. :sarcasm:

Hell, it took me three days and then asking here to understand the waiver process a bit more. And I only caught onto the IR bit after I looked at some other rosters and saw they had three or four guys piled up on IR. I could totally get someone not knowing it was an option.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Hell, it took me three days and then asking here to understand the waiver process a bit more. And I only caught onto the IR bit after I looked at some other rosters and saw they had three or four guys piled up on IR. I could totally get someone not knowing it was an option.

That's a good point, this was probably oversight of the rules.

Is this the type of thing we would want our commissioner to undo? Because it obviously feels like a mistake and not an actual desire to shed a franchise defender in a keeper league.

Reactions: Winger98

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017

how do you put a player on IR? i thought the IR label reflected the players status in reality

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
That's a good point, this was probably oversight of the rules.

Is this the type of thing we would want our commissioner to undo? Because it obviously feels like a mistake and not an actual desire to shed a franchise defender in a keeper league.

I was wondering that, too. On the one hand, folks are free to do what they want and get burned by it. On another, this feels a bit like the first play through of one of those European board games that have the funny rules and stuff that you don't understand until you watch the youtube video of other people playing it.

Reactions: Bench

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
If the player is designated IR by Yahoo, there is an IR position available to move him to. It's like moving your player to the bench. It's what I did with Trocheck, for example.

I'm wondering what it's like when the guy comes off the IR. I assume he stays buried until you make room for him, or maybe yahoo just dumps a guy for ya :D

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I say we just ask @aar000n if thats actually what he wants. if so, let it be. if not, the commish can undo it?

Absolutely. I'd basically want to give up if I accidentally lost a player like Klingberg. I think we all know the spirit of the league isn't there to simply take advantage of every technical gaff.

Of course whoever has waiver priority might feel differently :laugh:

Reactions: Winger98

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
he does indeed stay buried until you make room.
When a guy comes off IR you just have to remove him from IR before you can make another roster move. The team I'm playing right now didn't bother taking Matthews off IR (thanks for that).

This happened to me because I had Comtois on my IR, when he came off he was sent to Drummondville and they didn't put him in as NA, so I had to drop him for a different player if I didn't want to play with one less roster player. Yahoo is weird.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Guys please take a look at all the options as you're adding/ dropping/ moving players on the league app or website

I am new to Yahoo as well and don't fully understand everything, but please be cautious around options like "drop" or "remove" unless you're sure about what you're doing

The league is only 10 days old or so, so I have no problem with some learning curve, but moving forward hopefully we will have no need for intervention on my part to fix this kind of thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad