OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season One

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
@Sards @aar000n please prioritize adding prospect eligible players before NHL veterans

If teams don't have prospects by end of week I will use commissioner powers to spank your bums

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Victor Mete, Sam Steel, Filip Hronek, Joey Anderson, Alex Formenton, Dillon Dube, Robert Thomas, Tage Thompson, Evan Bouchard, Jordan Kyrou, Jaret Anderson-Dolan, Kristian Vesalainen, Urho Vaakanainen, Ty Smith

There's 14 prospects and I just scrubbed through for like 5-10 minutes, lets go guys

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I don't really like the NA slots moving forward beyond this season

My thought with the prospect aspect is that it benefits the manager a lot to have a guy playing in the NHL and is potentially a hindrance (depending on team direction) to have a guy still in junior.

Like right now @19 for president has potentially "reached" on Pettersson Tkachuk and svechnikov when s/he could have gone with veteran NHLers who will likely have a better stat line by season's end and taken 3 non NHLers and stashed them in NA slots .

It wasn't my intention with the prospect rule when I suggested it but I'm curious what others think moving forward
You can look at it the other way though. Maybe he drafted for future success instead of immediate help?

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
You can look at it the other way though. Maybe he drafted for future success instead of immediate help?

If we are stashing players in NA slots, you can be both competitive now and have future success (depending on the players being stashed) seeing as you are essentially carrying 3 extra players

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah I didn't realize NA slots were a thing when drafting. So with 12 teams and huge rosters, boy is the waiver wire a boneyard in this league, haha.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Yeah I'm just starting to understand the prospects thing better. I guess you're better off with players who aren't in the league yet. I drafted Lias Anderson thinking it would be a bonus to have him because he's already in the league, but now I know I can have a (marginally) better player on my roster and a prospect who's not in the league in an NA slot.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Usually makes for interesting mid level trades.

That's true. Speaking of, I'm feeling pretty comfortable with my defenders. To the point I think if another team is struggling there, they should hit me up with an offer.

Burns
Pietrangelo
Ristolainen
OEL
Provorov
Lindell
Hanifin

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
(Who let @19 for president get those 3!?)

I think most of us felt like this immediately after the draft.

5C6NIOV.jpg

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Victor Mete, Sam Steel, Filip Hronek, Joey Anderson, Alex Formenton, Dillon Dube, Robert Thomas, Tage Thompson, Evan Bouchard, Jordan Kyrou, Jaret Anderson-Dolan, Kristian Vesalainen, Urho Vaakanainen, Ty Smith

There's 14 prospects and I just scrubbed through for like 5-10 minutes, lets go guys

Someone take Rob Thomas.

You get a good young player AND the use of Matchbox Twenty memes.

No brainer move...

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I went semi rebuildy might bite me in the long run we'll see!

I mean the fun thing about dynasty is if it all goes to hell, next year you get to draft the #1 stud. So much better than when it's a one off season that goes off the rails and there's nothing to cling to.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Ah shoot didn't realize the add restrictions and ****ed up my goalie situation for the week :facepalm:
Also not sure if you added Donato just cuz or if you thought he is prospect eligible, but he is 2 drafts removed from being eligible (2014)

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
What do people think about 10 keepers (full blown NHLers) and then carrying 3 prospects (either being kept like say Bench keeping Boqvist) and/ or drafting them

so like Bench carries 11 players into the draft, 10 NHLers + boqvist and is done a round earlier than say my team who looks to have all 3 prospects play 50 games this season , so I have to draft all 3 prospects in the draft next fall

Is 10 a good number? Less? More would be not as good IMO, it becomes a bit too stalled in terms of teams continuing to be good or bad potentially, curious to hear what others think

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad