OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season One

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
my vote is no then lol. If I had known we would need to be giving up our keepers I wouldn't have traded assets away for more keepers.

That's true for all of us though. And without exposing a few players (maybe 2?) the expansion teams will be pretty thin.

I think it's worth it to add two active new managers and long time friends of the board.

Reactions: Winger98

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I like adding to the league. You're probably going to give up your least best player and have one less keeper or something like that, not really a huge deal.

I figure since they're not going to have any stars on their rosters it's only fair to let them have a keeper from each team. An expansion draft could be fun.

Making this any more convoluted only guarantees we'll have to do the draft offline probably.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
That's true for all of us though. And without exposing a few players (maybe 2?) the expansion teams will be pretty thin.

I think it's worth it to add two active new managers and long time friends of the board.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind having them in the league either, but I made a point to trade for really good keepers. not to brag but some other teams keepers aren't even close of the caliber of mine which is why im annoyed by this. Saying that, I will abide by however the vote goes.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind having them in the league either, but I made a point to trade for really good keepers. not to brag but some other teams keepers aren't even close of the caliber of mine which is why im annoyed by this. Saying that, I will abide by however the vote goes.

I don't think it's your bottom 2 keepers separating you between the rest of the peasants.

You'll still have a massive advantage over an expansion team and if your top 8 are still superior, that's going to be the real secret sauce.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Well if you don't select a keeper do you at least get to absorb that round in the draft?

I.E. in a lot of leagues if you have 8 keepers but only keep 4 you get your pick in the 5th through 8th round.

I mean it might be a Ken Holland style rebound but in this scenario @Frk It and I could probably build a team while taking some shots for a season or two. I just doubt I would materialize more than one or two keeper while doing this. But I would also likely lean heavily on young players to select in the opening rounds when you guys wouldn't have picks and be locked into your keeper. So it is a double edged sword, you can pretty much guarantee none of the high profile guys in the draft the next two seasons would be available at all by the time the real draft starts again with everyone going. Just spitballing. I don't want to upset the apple cart if somebody is uncomfortable I would rather not upset something it seems all are enjoying. But there are ways even while starved of keepers to start targeting a build in my opinion. Your 9th player if selected wrong could become a keeper quickly. My other league only has 4 and honestly that isn't enough so I get people being protective.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
brain storm idea:

we announce 9 guys we want to keep on existing rosters

Frk It + TZE select players back and forth after a coin flip to determine order

Only one player can be selected from each of the existing teams

TZE and Frk It have 6 players, and can fill in their roster with 4 more veterans and 3 prospects from the FA pool,

should prospects be auto protected from the expansion process?

What does everyone think of this rough idea

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I feel like we have to expose more players than one to get the expansion teams up to speed. It doesn't mean we lose every player we expose.

Of course it stings but that's kind of the point. If it didn't, the expansion teams will spend two full years rebuilding.

Reactions: Winger98

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Meh it sucks but I do want to welcome more people to the league, especially regulars around here. Just makes it more fun and competitive
As do I but it sucks even more building your team based on the amount of teams we currently had along with those keeper rules.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
no, but when age comes into factor, its the most logical choice. am I going to keep guys like Letang and Giordano over Rantanen, Landeskog, Pastrnak, Laine, Malkin ect...???

I don't think losing a 36-year-old defender who scored 100 more fantasy points this season than last season is going to be the stone that sinks you.

I also don't think that's who one of the expansion teams would want anyway.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
i mean this in the least critical way ham but im only counting like 6 or 7 really significant guys on your team (like almost all the other teams in the league - not trying to single your team out specifically)

i have a few guys who im pretty pissed about exposing too but similar guys will come around in time

Reactions: mantha39

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad