OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season One

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
i mean this in the least critical way ham but im only counting like 6 or 7 really significant guys on your team (like almost all the other teams in the league - not trying to single your team out specifically)

i have a few guys who im pretty pissed about exposing too but similar guys will come around in time
Pasta
Laine
Letang
Gio
Malkin
Rantanen
Landy
Rielly
Dahlin
Bishop
were my keepers. As far as losing an older defensemen not being a big concern, there is a reason I drafted good older defensemen. The plan was to ride out the older guys until my young guys make a step up ( notice I drafted Dahlin and Bean) That can't happen now because they will have to be exposed in this expansion draft that was not part of the original plan. Like I said earlier, I'm only salty because nobody else will end up losing as much as me (again, had I known this, I wouldn't have traded away assets for more keepers) and I will go by whatever the majority vote is. Im simply stating my 2 cents.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Like I said earlier, I'm only salty because nobody else will end up losing as much as me

I think this is the very debatable point we're not seeing eye to eye on.

And you're not the only one that traded for futures to keep. Both my trades at the deadline saw me getting guys firmly on my keeper list which means others get pinched out.

@Eternal Sunshine and I were both top 3 in scoring this year. We're losing good players, too.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I think this is the very debatable point we're not seeing eye to eye on.

And you're not the only one that traded for futures to keep. Both my trades at the deadline saw me getting guys firmly on my keeper list which means others get pinched out.

@Eternal Sunshine and I were both top 3 in scoring this year. We're losing good players, too.
im sorry but any way you look at it, you or anyone else for that matter, aren't going to end up losing a top 10 player.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
im sorry but any way you look at it, you or anyone else for that matter, aren't going to end up losing a top 10 player.

You think Gio is going to be top 10 next year and the year after? I mean he jumped 100 points from last season at age 35.

Kopitar was top 10 last year. He's not even on my keep list.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
You think Gio is going to be top 10 next year and the year after? I mean he jumped 100 points from last season at age 35.

Kopitar was top 10 last year. He's not even on my keep list.
I think he will be good but thats not the point I was trying to make. I mentioned it earlier, I drafted/traded the way I did based on how the league was set up and now that its changing, it screwed everything up for me. I realize this may not be a problem for most, which is why it makes me even more salty tbh.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
It's actually a problem for a lot of us. I'm going to lose Zibby or Boeser who hold a lot more value than Gio imo. And I'm sure others have the same issue ahead of them.

Reactions: Bench

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
It's actually a problem for a lot of us. I'm going to lose Zibby or Boeser who hold a lot more value than Gio imo. And I'm sure others have the same issue ahead of them.
again, who has more value or not is not the point here. My point is this drastically affects team outcome based on rules that were different from the start of the year. Not everyone was a buyer for more keepers thus teams that don't have as many good keepers aren't affected by this. I think we should keep our keepers or wait until next year for expansion, that way everyone can strategize accordingly.

raymond23

Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
again, who has more value or not is not the point here. My point is this drastically affects team outcome based on rules that were different from the start of the year. Not everyone was a buyer for more keepers thus teams that don't have as many good keepers aren't affected by this. I think we should keep our keepers or wait until next year for expansion, that way everyone can strategize accordingly.

Okay, I see what you're saying

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I mean at this point I'm willing to just volunteer more players to expansion and Hammett can keep his super group.

This is a funsies league. It's more fun with more people, even if my team is worse.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I mean at this point I'm willing to just volunteer more players to expansion and Hammett can keep his super group.

This is a funsies league. It's more fun with more people, even if my team is worse.
I've already said I will follow whatever the majority is. Just stating my case is all.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
speaking of which, we still haven't heard what everybody else's opinion is. Does the rest of the league even know an expansion is being considered? I keep seeing the same people in here.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
In other news, big night for me and @Sparty.

You've got a really nice cushion so far. Looking good man.

Kind of amazing you snuck into the playoffs on an empty net goal and then charged forward to take it all.

This year was razor thin margins. I think that speaks volumes to how well people did managing their teams.

Reactions: mantha39

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Did some pushin on that cushion tonight, my boys had a nice night. Wish I could have had another goalie out there tonight, might have been a tie game or close to it if Rittich or Khubodin could have started tonight. Minnesota better have Dubnyk in net tomorrow.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
on the expansion draft. I build up some nice depth on my team as well and even have trouble to assign just 10 guys to keeper status now, but more teams is a cool thing. My only fear is with more teams, potentially more people forget about their teams midseason like aaron did.

raymond23

Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Did some pushin on that cushion tonight, my boys had a nice night. Wish I could have had another goalie out there tonight, might have been a tie game or close to it if Rittich or Khubodin could have started tonight. Minnesota better have Dubnyk in net tomorrow.

Yeah you definitely won that night. I had some no shows that really hurt (GODreau and Atkinson with 1 SOG against bottom dwellers :().

Luckily for me the Price + Hart tandem proved powerful once again and I ended up close to where I was projected going into the night.

Looks like we'll both end up in the high 400's, just a matter of who gets the right bounces these next couple of days. Gonna be a fun one!

Reactions: Sparty

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It's good to see the two final competitors putting up nice totals. Always a bummer in fantasy when a powerhouse team has one bad week in the championship.

Reactions: Sparty and mantha39

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
What if we added 2 teams, subtracted 2 bench spots and keepers need to be 10 overall. Includes the young studs. So we all loose technically 5 guys each that go back into the pool for the draft. And increases the WW overall. Guys can’t horde goalies anymore, hopefully with this method. Or limit to 2 starting goalies per team. With max of 3 if someone wants to carry 1 back up.

Or another option is each team has to set keepers, then protect 10 of the overal 13 with 2 being NHL regulars and 1 has to be a prospect.

Just some quick ideas

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
What if we added 2 teams, subtracted 2 bench spots and keepers need to be 10 overall. Includes the young studs. So we all loose technically 5 guys each that go back into the pool for the draft. And increases the WW overall. Guys can’t horde goalies anymore, hopefully with this method. Or limit to 2 starting goalies per team. With max of 3 if someone wants to carry 1 back up.

Or another option is each team has to set keepers, then protect 10 of the overal 13 with 2 being NHL regulars and 1 has to be a prospect.

Just some quick ideas
I don't mind the first idea tbh.

Reactions: jprenkert

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Devan Dubnyk gets an assist and it doesn't count, now I know how I'm going to lose this matchup.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Concerning the goalies, I don't see how an expansion team can compete for a while if they're not going to have a chance at any real goalies. I think you definitely have to cap the number of goalies a team can carry. A fourteen team league with three goalies capped means 42 goalies will be carried on rosters. I think we probably have to do something like your first rule.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Well these last two days have gone as bad as humanly possible. Oh well.

The fact that Minnesota beat Washington was a nice surprise, I was expecting another paltry effort for Dubnyk. That team is so frustrating this year, they never win at home and it makes no damn sense.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Concerning the goalies, I don't see how an expansion team can compete for a while if they're not going to have a chance at any real goalies. I think you definitely have to cap the number of goalies a team can carry. A fourteen team league with three goalies capped means 42 goalies will be carried on rosters. I think we probably have to do something like your first rule.
Yea. And theirs no way like in baseball to signify a #1 starting goaltender in fanasty to the backup besides from knowledge and looking at stats. I’m in a couple 16-18 team leagues and goaltending can get pretty scarce quick. One league that I’m on the verge of going to the championship, I have quick and Gibson. Both have crapped the bed this year. But that will always come up. Specially if it’s not capped of 2-3 active goalies. NA goalies wouldn’t count as that means they are in the minors or juniors.

Would getting a Facebook message group going with the league work better. There we can post polls for ideas of how to make things better or how the majority wants to do the expansion draft. Can see who has voted so we know everyone gets a vote.

I’m down for whatever. Ready to see how next year goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad