OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season One

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
the lidstrom division is so close right now, its incredible...this gameday alone could see benchs team back into chase for firt place

I know, right??? I'm still selling because too many things have to break my way for me to ensure I get in, but I'm currently leading in points, so looks like I'll win any tiebreakers. Crazy.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah double checking the standings, if I win this week and next (@turkleton85 ) I think I'm a lock.

I'm, wait, what? This race is wild. Big problem, though, I gave Turk my best winger. Shit.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Your team must be stacked, because a lot of my keepers are well outside the Top 100. Hell I see Draisatl on my team is 101 and I wouldn't dream of trading him as a rental.

Some dumb luck and natural variation helps. Looking at my roster, at straight points, and I have Jared Sturgeon, Jeff Petry, and Anders Lee all within the top100, but I'm not sure any of those - especially the last two - are keepers. They've just over-performed a good chunk on the year.

If we go by season avg, I think the only guy I have in the top100 is Eichel. Outside of goalies, who are just undeservedly high.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Your team must be stacked, because a lot of my keepers are well outside the Top 100. Hell I see Draisatl on my team is 101 and I wouldn't dream of trading him as a rental.
So far my keepers are as follows...

Landeskog
Rantanen
Rielly
Giordano
Malkin
Meier
Pastrnak
Bishop
Letang
Dahlin

NA Keepers
Zadina
Bean
Comrie

I guess top 100 is a little ambitious

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Some dumb luck and natural variation helps. Looking at my roster, at straight points, and I have Jared Sturgeon, Jeff Petry, and Anders Lee all within the top100, but I'm not sure any of those - especially the last two - are keepers. They've just over-performed a good chunk on the year.

If we go by season avg, I think the only guy I have in the top100 is Eichel. Outside of goalies, who are just undeservedly high.

That explains it then, I was looking at the PPG rankings rather than the counting stats. Draisatl is #31 in counting stats and Top 100 is about the line where I'm dropping guys. Dadonov is 110 and I'm on the fence about keeping him, I have nine locks and #10 is a tough decision.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
That explains it then, I was looking at the PPG rankings rather than the counting stats. Draisatl is #31 in counting stats and Top 100 is about the line where I'm dropping guys. Dadonov is 110 and I'm on the fence about keeping him, I have nine locks and #10 is a tough decision.
any of those you willing to sell for futures?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I'm hoping to meet you in the playoffs, so probably not :naughty:

Ideally I'd rather buy another goalie, not sell guys I have right now.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I guess top 100 is a little ambitious

Not necessarily. I have Eric Staal floating around that mark as an easy sell. He fluctuates between 90-130. Could go up of he's moved to a contender.

And what you really need to target are guys who haven't been top 100 all year but have been the last few months. Zuc is a great example. Started super slow, got hurt, came back and scored 22 points in 14 games. Turk was really smart targeting him. Other guys on my roster punching way above their season totals are the Blackhawks duo Strome and Saad.

And I'd sell all these and more if everyone ahead of me in the standings except Sparty wasn't losing this week, meaning I'm still in it by some miracle.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Not necessarily. I have Eric Staal floating around that mark as an easy sell. He fluctuates between 90-130. Could go up of he's moved to a contender.

And what you really need to target are guys who haven't been top 100 all year but have been the last few months. Zuc is a great example. Started super slow, got hurt, came back and scored 22 points in 14 games. Turk was really smart targeting him. Other guys on my roster punching way above their season totals are the Blackhawks duo Strome and Saad.

And I'd sell all these and more if everyone ahead of me in the standings except Sparty wasn't losing this week, meaning I'm still in it by some miracle.
anything I can do to get you to accept my offer yet?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
anything I can do to get you to accept my offer yet?

Man, it's a big meatball offer. For those following along at home, it would be the biggest trade of the season so far.

I'm caught between planning my future and needing to win next week. But... I think we'll find something win-win.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Man, it's a big meatball offer. For those following along at home, it would be the biggest trade of the season so far.

I'm caught between planning my future and needing to win next week. But... I think we'll find something win-win.

I'm biased but if it's bigger than Giroux for Patrick Kane that's a whopper.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'm biased but if it's bigger than Giroux for Patrick Kane that's a whopper.

I think it is. Pretty close. Top 10 player in the entire league (like Kane, I suppose!). I only have two of those so you don't have to investigate too hard.

On one hand I want to respect the trade process of negotiation. On the other, I should probably advertise I'm even considering moving a top 10 player so others can jump in.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I did not realize Brent Burns was the #1 player in the league, that's surprising to me.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
What are our keeper rules? I gotta figure out my list for next season so I can go ham on the rest of these guys lol.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I did not realize Brent Burns was the #1 player in the league, that's surprising to me.

He's basically my Lord and savior. Renaming my team to the Benchworth Burns. He's fantasy gold. Most valuable old man in our league? I do wonder how many years he can keep pulling it off, but then I think about Lidstrom.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I have Marchand and he's my guy. As hot as Kane is this year, Marchand still outperforms him because of all the faceoff wins he has every game, it's redic. Marchand leads all scorers in ppg but he had the injury this year so he's not as high in total points.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Well if that's the case I am holding

Mathews, Svech, Tkachuk, Gibson, Werenski, Trouba, Mantha, Petterson, Aho. (One of Ehler, Kot, or Keller but all are avail)

Everyone else is available for picks and prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad