OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season One

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Got younger and an extra keeper all while getting better for the playoff push. I like it.

Definitely the big thing for me was Wheeler being a top 30 player today and likely a few more years as opposed to Connor, who I think has a great future, but right now isn't there yet. ROR is not quite at Crosby's level, but a little younger.

Honestly though, Crosby is going to be elite another 5 years unless he gets concussed. But that's the price for me to add not one, but two players in the top 30 today.

Really fair deal and feels like a hockey trade!

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
stupid zucarello, breaks his arm in first dallas game...he was my TDL aquisition...after i originally drafted his ass :D

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
stupid zucarello, breaks his arm in first dallas game...he was my TDL aquisition...after i originally drafted his ass :D

I feel for you, man. I was so sad to see what happened.

Zuc was the hottest player in the league and in his first game with Dallas scores a goal and an assist in only 13 minutes. That was a slam dunk acquisition for you. Other than the broken arm. Damn.

Lehner is still great, at least.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Banking on Connor becoming a 6.5-7.5 LW long term here folks

Connor is good. Worst case scenario he's going to cap out at Tatar levels. But he might be more. He's got a knack for goals.

And even if he's not as good as I think, Crosby is a sure bet. Most reliable top 10 guy for a few years yet. His style won't slow down until he's well into going full grey.

Shit I suddenly regret everything.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Yea I don't get why someone in the playoff hunt would trade Crosby and 2nd rd pic for Wheeler who may be 1-2 seasons at best from declining, and ROR who may be stuck on a terrible team again in St Louis.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yea I don't get why someone in the playoff hunt would trade Crosby and 2nd rd pic for Wheeler who may be 1-2 seasons at best from declining, and ROR who may be stuck on a terrible team again in St Louis.

ROR and Wheeler score more points than Crosby+Connor. That's the playoff hunt part. It's an upgrade today.

My window is however long Burns is a top 5 player and those guys you're dogging are top 30 today. And not top 30 without goalies counted. Total. I'm banking on Wheeler still being better next year than Connor. And I need next year to count.

My young core is in my blueline and goaltending. My center core is now all under 30.

I'm trying to win this thing in the next 3 years, not long play this out in 5. My roster has scored the 2nd most points overall. My time is now!

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Anyone interested in Gallagher? Top 75 player. Or Mike Smith for goaltending depth? Vince Dunn or Jacob Slavin for some D depth? Maybe even JT Miller or Tyler Johnson for forward depth as they are eligible at all 3 spots?

thought about gallagher...i sent you an offer!

Reactions: jprenkert

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Guys

Brown
Hamonic
Schmidt
Halak
Anderson
Koskinen

All available for extremely reasonable prices

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Mike smith, Morrisey, Miller and johnson, Rakell, Slavin, Kapanen available. maybe Saros also. hit me up if interested in anyone. Looking for picks at this frame in the game.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Players that must go today

Duchene
Tuch
Hoffman
Edler (7.7 avg)
Halak & Anderson (over 10 points per game on average)
Schmidt
Brown

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Ummmm, how the hell is Duchene already 28. That legitimately surprised me. I remember him getting drafted like yesterday. Oh no, the sands of time have no chill.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Boys Halak and Anderson are both in the top 18 goalies in the liiga for average points this season under our settings

Both goalies are in the top 26 total goalie points across the season, even including time spent injured (Anderson) or platooning (Halak)

Also Edler has been banged up but his 7.7 fantasy ppg puts him at 9th best impact per game amongst all blue liners
I know he isn't a super cool young puckmoving wiz, but he blocks, hits, and is the #1PP QB when healthy

A lil food for thought ,,

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Hey gang , TDL is 11:59PM tonight (I believe our league is set to west coast time for some reason so what is that, 2:59AM in EST?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad