OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season One

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I feel ya on that. I feel I have a very solid team also and seem to have hit a tailspin and bad luck facing guys who went nuts that week. I plan on adding if it makes sense. Kind of in Holland 2010-2016 mode, get just enough to get in and go from there.

Reactions: Winger98

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Who are you willing to move?

Lehner. Zuccarello. Strome. Lindell. Shaw. Those are all great rentals. OEL is a great keeper piece I just probably don't have room for. Maybe a bigger name veteran ala Kopitar for a high potential player that's not quite producing to his level yet, but your window is now.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I am officially in the market for a starting goaltender. Futures + picks are in play. Hit me up!

Work has been killing me but I'm definitely going to hit ya up.

And btw my team is going pure beast mode soon as I decide to start selling. Zuc is pure fire. Rust? Yep. Everyone is scoring now. That's... Too late!

Reactions: mantha39

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I'll trade any of my goalies but Gibby.

Basically I'm looking towards the future. So all of the following are available for picks/ prospects:
Krejci, Henrique, Nelson, Nyquist, Fogliano, Niskaen, Faulk, Nielson, Sergachev, Jenner, Mrazek, Ward, Bernier

Maybe: Mantha, Keller, Kotkaniemi

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I'll trade any of my goalies but Gibby.

Basically I'm looking towards the future. So all of the following are available for picks/ prospects:
Krejci, Henrique, Nelson, Nyquist, Fogliano, Niskaen, Faulk, Nielson, Sergachev, Jenner, Mrazek, Ward, Bernier

Maybe: Mantha, Keller, Kotkaniemi
Sent you a trade offer

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I know it's nice to have positional flexibility and all, but can we mandate that people carry a set number of goalies next year? The better teams in the league are carrying four plus goalies and the worst teams haven't caught on yet.

If we want to have a more competitive league I think it would help.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I know it's nice to have positional flexibility and all, but can we mandate that people carry a set number of goalies next year? The better teams in the league are carrying four plus goalies and the worst teams haven't caught on yet.

I know my season turned around when I got lucky in grabbing McElhinny and Nilsson and they just took off. By the same token, I had the most scraping by weeks when Varlamov turned to crap for awhile and I didn't have those two others guys yet to come out of nowhere to boost the position.

There is such a finite number of goalies, too, that it's hard to get on that wagon if you're late to the show. I mean, right now there are a handful of backups still available, but they're likely to play so sporadically that it probably makes it hard to put them on your roster outside of trying to fit them in for a specific game or two while dropping some bottom end forward/D, only to drop the goalie afterward and pickup another forward/D.

In theory, teams would have to be sacrificing some quality in their skaters to load up at goalie. The talent pool for skaters is so deep, though, that you can still grab some reasonable depth there.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

You snooze you lose!!!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So I think next year I'm not going to join unless there's a cash buy in. I've seen this happen in every "fun" fantasy football league I've ever joined. There's too many free wins being handed out by a team not updating rosters or starting players. Cash creates an incentive to keep showing up.

And yeah, my team is now incredible because I play a million goalies. We'll want to tweak that somehow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparty

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
So I think next year I'm not going to join unless there's a cash buy in. I've seen this happen in every "fun" fantasy football league I've ever joined. There's too many free wins being handed out by a team not updating rosters or starting players. Cash creates an incentive to keep showing up.

And yeah, my team is now incredible because I play a million goalies. We'll want to tweak that somehow.

well a cash buy would pretty much guarantee my exit. Isn't it just aarons team thats never updated? I think with this plattform as a board for our league, there is already a incentive to show up. And i must admit, fantasy hockey has made me an addict :D

weren't there guys who wanted to participate who were to late in the beginning? Hand them one of the teams that never seems to be updated

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007

Didn't I suggest toning them down or limit the number of goalies carried and get sass from you??? Is this just standard commissioner treatment??? :razz:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->