HFWF OT XII - MCG vs. Cor in a 1 Hour Iron Man Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i think she wasnt even supposed to be there. some people backed up last second.
she also goes by Natalie, but in the intro CBS puts her as Natalie Eva Marie.
(and literally nobody chose her to play in the first game lol)

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
...why?? you have to build her a room? lol
shouldnt be cheaper since you're splitting it?
what kind of shit deal did you do?

edit: thats a real thing?? you have to pay more if someone moves with you?
man thats the only way i survive. fill the house with morons.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
...why?? you have to build her a room? lol
shouldnt be cheaper since you're splitting it?
what kind of **** deal did you do?

edit: thats a real thing?? you have to pay more if someone moves with you?
man thats the only way i survive. fill the house with morons.

Yeah it's kinda nonsense. Landlords will typically raise rent 1.5x if you bring in another person to cover extra utilities, liability, etc etc.

I mean. She's basically been living at my place for months now and didn't seem to notice the increased utilities but whatever. I got off very easy all things considered.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
And honestly @BonMorrison I should have. As noted she's spent a majority of her time here anyway and he never noticed but he's been a really, really good landlord for the most part so I thought I'd be honest.

Stupid PIF.

Reactions: BonMorrison

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Wtf how can you charge more rent if someone moves in that's some BomMorrison shit. I'm probably moving in with my brother next month to save some money

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
real talk, my rent goes up every year a bit to line up with the increasing market and while the last two increases weren't horrible, i'm high-key super nervous the next one in july's gonna knock me on my ass and make me have to move out.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
real talk, my rent goes up every year a bit to line up with the increasing market and while the last two increases weren't horrible, i'm high-key super nervous the next one in july's gonna knock me on my ass and make me have to move out.

Yeah my guy didn't increase my rent at all after the first year and the place is actually severely underpriced. Even with the new girlfriend increase I'm at only $1,600 a month with utilities included. Considering the average cost per 1 bedroom in Toronto is $2,300 and this place is really nice, in a trendy hood and I can walk to transit....I'm not going to complain THAT much.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah. Ideally we'll end up at 50/50 so $800 a piece but she recently lost her 9-5 job and is doing freelance graphic design and she's definitely getting by but until she's more comfortable or has more long term clients locked in I'll probably cover $1200 or so of it.

The f***ed up thing is he originally listed the place at $1,100 (I came in over asking to ensure I got it because that's what you have to do in Toronto now) and that was just over a year ago. He knows the market (he has several properties) but he just chooses not to destroy people financially.

Even if I wanted to move, I probably won't for a long time. The value considering the neighbourhood (Junction), rent and actual living space...I'll never replicate it.

Last edited:

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I'm £260 for a 1 bed place in the center of town lol. And if I move in with my brother it will be 180 each in a 2 bed house. Feels good.

Also Bom if you end up moving out you can always ask Disclo- oh wait

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
damn, that's some good value. definitely stay put. i'm paying under market value as well for my place cause i got it 4 years ago this summer right before prices started to get ridiculous. it's why i wanna stay but a significant price hike will be enough to push me out since i'm very close to the max i can afford on a place.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
for 1000$. i have 4 bedroom appartment. living room, kitchen, bathroom and a backstore to grow "tomatoes" or whatever.... huhuhuh.
i signed the lease for 3 years so theyre not allowed to rise the prices.

usually 300 each i get the hydro bill and internet bill covered.
but im not an a-hole and literally just split the bill. so its less than 300$ usually. (280, 290)
and thats how Disclose survives with his shitty job.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
well since we're all doing it.

$1300 for a studio. it's big for a studio though so space isn't an issue and i'm downtown with easy access to all the major routes. other studios in my building are now going for around $1600-1700. :|

i justify the price by being able to walk to work and saving $200 or so on monthly transit. utilities/internet is usually around $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad